Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All these teams will be a tremendous challenge to overcome. It will be very exciting! When I finish up with finals I think I'm also going to enter my Ford GT into an a-spec LMP race (what's a good one? an enduro?) to practice running with a packed different class for 10 or 20 laps. Practice etiquette and sharing a tight road without contact. Because this season is going to be tight indeed.

New group, media outlet only.
This will be used to keep track of interviews and series media along with the points standings. The current thread will be used to keep you up to date on current happenings in regards to room openings and unofficial results.
Make sure you join!

So because of this PSN outage we'll miss 2 preseason events, to still have atleast 4 we'll have to push the season back another week or two, this will mean there will be a break for Le Mans between the end of preseason and the start of the season or there will be a break between the last 2 preseason events. What do you all think?

I'm fine with moving the whole thing back so we can still get the 4 pre season races done with a break somewhere. I think it put it so there wasn't a race on both May 21st and May 28th since pre season races are on Wednesdays. That works for me because on both of those days I will be out of town.

Its a simple case of needing to practice the rolling starts, etc with everyone at the same time and give ourselves alot of time to do it so come race day for the full season we wont have pile ups or problems. I'm fine with pushing it back to whenever we get PSN back and having 4 preseason events starting then.

Ohh and just in case anyone is wondering. The NRGR Vette is sporting a GT40 Body kit. Developed in house at the NRGR facilities.

Haha...j/k I know your still getting the pics sorted out.

Anyone been following the PSN outage stuff? There was a press conference apparently and as far as I know sometime next week things will be gearing back up. Are we skipping this week if it's back up by wednesday?

We'll start the 4 week preseason Wednesday if its back up, pretty much it'll start whenever PSN is back and we'll just run the season from there with a weeks break for Le Mans (unless its a wednesday and we'll have a test session during the week).

Yes there is likely to be a slot if there is someone available to run the pace car. (I did agree to someone possibly having a 6th LMP spot, I've deleted my messages without noting who it was...can that person please message me?)

Yes there is likely to be a slot if there is someone available to run the pace car. (I did agree to someone possibly having a 6th LMP spot, I've deleted my messages without noting who it was...can that person please message me?)

I wish it was me! The C60 hybride is quite a beast! I'm not comfortable driving it but can pull out a 0:58:xx around Rome! I'm not a fan of the Rome track either tbh! I think it's the cobble stones.....

I'd rather a pace car than another LMP to be honest. Would be able to implement my safety car idea then....

I can't see any one wanting to sit around for 2 hours as a pace car / steward though. I mean how are they supposed to see incidents along the field when they are in the pits? I'm assuming they would be in the pits/ parked in a slip road, as they would not be able to back out to the main screen in order to observe the race to determine when they are needed to come out! Also if they were to park up, the race standings on the HUD wouldn't show who was in 1 st place to them as the pace car would be at the bottom of the order, so how would they identify the leader without a steward?

Not trying to shoot down your idea intentionally, I just tend to over analyse things! :nervous:

You've got a real point there and something I'll need to think about....General idea for it is crashes, when someone crashes (and I'll put all this stuff up in the OP) they stay off the track and type in SC. Safety car then dispatches at the end of the pits and catches the first car coming around the track, everyone hits start to sit on the speed limit whilst the car that has crashed limps to the pits, gets fixed and rejoins at the back of the pack. At that point the safety car will dive into the pits at the end of that lap and racing starts when the lead cars cross the start finish line/safety car driver counts down 3-2-1-GO.
With damage being set to real and inevitable crashes I thought it'd be a decent idea...

You've got a real point there and something I'll need to think about....General idea for it is crashes, when someone crashes (and I'll put all this stuff up in the OP) they stay off the track and type in SC. Safety car then dispatches at the end of the pits and catches the first car coming around the track, everyone hits start to sit on the speed limit whilst the car that has crashed limps to the pits, gets fixed and rejoins at the back of the pack. At that point the safety car will dive into the pits at the end of that lap and racing starts when the lead cars cross the start finish line/safety car driver counts down 3-2-1-GO.
With damage being set to real and inevitable crashes I thought it'd be a decent idea...

But is it going to create a stop start nature to the racing?

Isnt that part of real endurance racing? Yellow flag strategies are always in the minds of many real teams and drivers as under safety car conditions you can take the opportunity to pit and refuel, get new tyres etc and it keeps you in the pack. My main aim behind it is making it so that if you have a decent crash your not out of the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back