Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all! Just browsing tonight! Sounds like fun times! Wish I could join you all. Have fun! 👍👍

With my new job and work schedule I just don't have the time. :ouch:

Indy! Man was fun racing against you in the ALMS GT1, too bad you dont have the time for this series.

I have! Stupid phone keeps putting a ton of messages into the sentbox tho...its empty now tho.

Alright guys what are your thoughts on the chance of rain during the races?

What do you mean? It always seems to rain at Le Mans, except when I tuned my Judd GV5 for a hybrid dry/wet setup (2 sec slower dry) and it never rained for an hour last season in a LMP race, lol.

Tracks like Le Mans, Suzuka and Monza have the change weather setting, I for one dont want to race in perfect sunshine all the time and like the challenge of rain (IF it rains) but what do you all think?

I think as long as we know about the weather change in advance I would be ok with it. Like, I dont want to practice the whole week without the rain and then all of a sudden we have the weather change. I know thats not how it is IRL but still, I'd like to know.

Anywhere weather is available it should be used. The changing weather is great for mixing up the race.

FlyinHawaiian77
I think as long as we know about the weather change in advance I would be ok with it. Like, I dont want to practice the whole week without the rain and then all of a sudden we have the weather change. I know thats not how it is IRL but still, I'd like to know.

You can't predict it.. Well by looking at the sky at the beginning of the race, you'll get an idea. Imo count on rain on weather change tracks setup the car for it, or risk it with a dry only setup and pray it doesn't rain.

Alright guys I want to throw this out there.
We've got some time before the season starts to iron out bugs, test ideas etc so I want to ask this. What if the LMP grid was increased to 6 cars (whoever PM'd me will get that spot, cant remember who it was tho...) and the GT2(GTE) grid becomes 10 cars with the removal of GT1 (TT13, Posimosh, MajikTom, Flyin and I would have to move down). This would make a larger gap in terms of speed between classes and also more competition in GT2. I'm going to implement this for season 2 but what about doing it for season 1?
Need PSN back sooo bad, need to stop me thinking so much about stuff....

Well I personally prefer the multi-gt class system but it's up to you. Only thing is I'm not particularly fond of any of the GT2 cars offered. :(

Yeah that list is gonna need some fleshing out...give me some ideas and we'll see how homologation goes.

We could just slow down the cars more in GT1? Or would that still be uneven? Maybe only use one of the vettes and the Ford GT test car, since I think that white race car version is standard and the two are somewhat close in specs.

Cars I see being possibles from the GT1 list are the BMW M3 GTR, RX-7 LM, Viper GTS-R and GT-R Concept LM. I had another list for GT2 when the new car lists were being created which included the Chevrolet Camaro LM, Lexus IS F Racing Concept, Honda NSX-R Prototype LM and Audi R8 LMS.

Going off testing its about 3 seconds between GT1 and GT2 (1:18 for a Z06RM at Laguna Seca, 1:21 for a ZR1RM) so its rather tight. Poll added BTW.

I like having 3 classes :(

And of course weather should always be used when it's available. We really need the PSN to come back so you'll stop thinking :lol:

3 seconds a lap over race distance though? I know not all cars in class are going to be 3 seconds quicker/ slower, but is it not fine as it is? I know for a fact the Z06 isn't the fastest in the field for GT1 (on pure single lap pace in my hands any way). Whats the pace of the ZR1 relative to its class?

3 seconds a lap over race distance though? I know not all cars in class are going to be 3 seconds quicker/ slower, but is it not fine as it is? I know for a fact the Z06 isn't the fastest in the field for GT1 (on pure single lap pace in my hands any way). Whats the pace of the ZR1 relative to its class?

I did it with the Corvettes because I'm fast in either and have them tuned to my liking (ZR1RM is still in development actually....) and Laguna Seca is 'my track' so the results seem about right to me.

You will have to ask Jav tho about the pace he got as he can give you a better answer.

I'm at about 1:19 average at Madrid so not too far off from the GT2 guys. (I remember someone in that class posting 1:20s, but then again Madrid is a pretty tight track.)

I agree with Sephy! You need to step away from "perfecting" this series Mitch! Focus your attention on tuning, or watch these vids!
I think we have a promising series in this as it is and considering we haven't turned a wheel in anger, we should concentrate on the racing for now :D

I agree with Sephy! You need to step away from "perfecting" this series Mitch! Focus your attention on tuning, or watch these vids!
I think we have a promising series in this as it is and considering we haven't turned a wheel in anger, we should concentrate on the racing for now :D
Yeah I want to get into the racing soooo badly but watching real GT racing makes me want those big grids they get for LMS, ILMC and ALMS (50 odd cars :drool:) which frustrates me that we cant have even 32 car grids in GT5 OLR.

What I really want to is good competition with a decent grid size. 10 GTE cars is a great mix IMO but I dont want to enforce things on you guys. As has been said yeah its looking good even tho we havent rubbed fenders yet I still keep getting 'good' ideas....

Maybe bring GT1 & GT2 regs closer together to increase competition while keeping multiple classes.. Just a thought. But require rebalancing the cars... :(

Maybe bring GT1 & GT2 regs closer together to increase competition while keeping multiple classes.. Just a thought. But require rebalancing the cars... :(

Defeats the purpose of 2 classes tho doesnt it?

MitchZ06
Defeats the purpose of 2 classes tho doesnt it?
Sorta, but still leave a 1-2s gap between them vs 3-4s. Which do you want, more competition or more classes. Just trying to give ideas to have both.

Having 50hp and 50kg difference between the two or something.

Still doesnt work tho, needs one class for more competition. I'm thinking we can save the new classing for next season, just get this one going first!

MitchZ06
Still doesnt work tho, needs one class for more competition. I'm thinking we can save the new classing for next season, just get this one going first!

It could work, I don't see why it wouldn't. But yeah, we just need to get to racing.... Hurry up sony!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back