Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean if we went to LMP and GT2 only. Tho as it stands if your fast enough you could catch some GT1 guys...

Okay some results incoming:

Ford GT GT2 race car (white):
TCS:5
ABS:1
Weight:1300kg (ballast)
HP: 450
Tranny:174
Track Traction:real
Best time after 5 laps@Madrid:1:24.311

Circuito de Madrid_2 by All Work and No Play, on Flickr

Ford GT GT1 test car (black/at GT2 settings, same as the race car version):
Best time after 5 laps: 1:24.221

Circuito de Madrid_1 by All Work and No Play, on Flickr

Findings: I drove both cars with the "hood" view because one is standard and the other is premium and the cockpit view has a way different feel overall. Suspensions were tuned slightly differently but that was the only thing. The race car had maybe a little bit sturdier handling and a noticably more stable/shorter brake line, yet since I'm used to the test car I was able to squeeze out a little more time. The test car may have slightly better overall acceleration and whatnot, though overall it's much more unsturdy and loses time in the corners versus the race car. This is especially true with the increased weight of GT2. I actually feel slightly more at a disadvantage in the test car because of the long braking times, however I prefer it for its cockpit view and it's very fun to drive.

I'll leave it up to race officials to review this information to see what they think for TTC and the future of their partnership with Ford.

Last edited:
I'll pound out some laps with the GT2 ZR1RM at Madrid.

EDIT: 1:19.819 :dopey:

Last edited:
Inspired me to take some too, haha

If we go GT2 (I'm keen on it) then the FGT Test Car will be allowed based on its performance.

Last edited:
Hmmm nice time, man. I was closer to that time with the GT1 specs.

Yeah I've got a pic showing how close I got to the walls, really cutting it fine there.

picture.php

picture.php

Green green green!

picture.php

WALL!

Last edited:
TCS does come in handy when its a low setting, the GTWC ZR1 can have it set to off because it doesnt have enough HP to spin the wheels out of corners but 500hp~ cars need it set to about 2-3 to get the best imo.

DS3
BTW, looks like the poll is leaning towards giving GT1 the boot...

Last edited:
IF we do go GT2 only then the GT1 cars that dont have a GT2 version (cept TT13's FGT if he chooses) will just have to add weight and reduce power to be brought down to GT2 pace.

But thats like caging a T-rex and spoon feeding it goats! Don't you know the Zonda wants to hunt!?:dopey:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back