Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All you get for beating a GT1 car is bragging rights not points, thats where it doesnt work.

And oh god yes I need some online racing!

MitchZ06
All you get for beating a GT1 car is bragging rights not points, thats where it doesnt work.

And oh god yes I need some online racing!

That's what it's all about is bragging rights, lol..

Lol....
Anyway, next season will be LMP (6x) and GT2 (10x). Bit early but yeah, making it official.
This year, well the polls up so we'll see.

Maybe bring GT1 & GT2 regs closer together to increase competition while keeping multiple classes.. Just a thought. But require rebalancing the cars... :(

It would be a good idea if it wasn't for the crazy drafting effect in this game. For that reason alone I don't think the 2 classes should be closer together.

The classes will be close the first few laps, but after 5 racing laps everything will be spaced from each other and we can expect to see the faster GT1 guys getting away with some of the slower GT1 guys battling the faster GT2 cars for longer periods.

I suppose I'd be more okay with the elimination of GT1 if the GT2 field were more attractive. For instance 90 percent of the cars are standard, and I'm pretty committed to driving a premium car if I'm gonna be sitting in it for multiple hours at a time. For me the cockpit is a must. Also a lot of those cars are difficult to come by in UCD, or at least I've never seen them. The Nomad Diablo sounds pretty sick but like I said I've never seen one. I have an Audi R8 but not any touring or racing version, and again have never seen one offered. I would drive a Ferrari 458 tho it isn't included in the list.

Just some thoughts. I'm not married to the Ford GT test car (though it is pretty amazing), I just would need to find another car that would be a good fit for me.

The FGT Test car would need alot of restriction to slow it down to GT2(E) pace but thats all the testing that needs to be done. I'll have to add the Premium and Standard annotations to the list....

It's gonna be a difficult one as there are a very limited ammount of premium race cars in the game...

There are some GT300 Super GT cars which can be used, same with the odd GT500 car (but I dunno about GT500 in GT2...). I'll do some testing and work out a list.

The FGT Test car would need alot of restriction to slow it down to GT2(E) pace but thats all the testing that needs to be done. I'll have to add the Premium and Standard annotations to the list....

No problem. I'm definitely not critiquing the series in a negative way. Those cars in GT2 are probably really cool and fun to drive (the Diablo sounds amazing), I just have my preferences I suppose. Is the FGT race car that far off from the test car? I figured they'd be close enough to exchange restrictions but perhaps I'm off the mark on that.

The Diablo was in the OCD a while back. I need to take it out for a spin. It looks awesome.

Indeed. When I finish my modern short prose final I'll test a few laps with each with the GT2 restrictions. I need some track time today to unwind!

Premium GT2 cars (some already on the list, others are possibles):
AEM Racing S2000
Acura NSX RM
Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
Autobacs Garaiya ARTA Super GT
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 RM
Lexus IS-F Racing Concept
RE Amemiya RX-7 AsparaDrink Super GT

Indeed. When I finish my modern short prose final I'll test a few laps with each with the GT2 restrictions. I need some track time today to unwind!

Keep cycling trough the UCD and it will eventually show up. Here's a trick for cycling the UCD fast, all you do is go into practice mode, time trial, then exit back to menu. Repeat the process 5 times and you will have fully cycled the UCD. Every car will eventually show up there! Make sure to have a few mill set aside for this!

Whaaaa!!!! More JDM cars on the list? I've always had a soft spot for the JDM cars. I think I'd have a hard time choosing if it ever came down to it.

S2000 GT1 Turbo - 520hp/1300kg
RE Amemiya RX-7 AsparaDrink Super GT - 485hp/1220kg
Autobacs Garaiya ARTA Super GT - 500hp/1300kg

Couple more for GT2, all premiums.

Whaaaa!!!! More JDM cars on the list? I've always had a soft spot for the JDM cars. I think I'd have a hard time choosing if it ever came down to it.

Hey! Who pays your bills buddy? :P
NRGR will be Corvette in GT2 if it comes to it.

The Garaiya should be lower weight 450hp... it's a handling car so it should be that way. Just my opinion.

I think the Lexus should not be included. It isnt a gt car for one. I would like to race against similar gt cars. But thats just me.

The new BMW M3 GT2 isnt really a GT car either but look where its competing....
I understand what your saying tho.

Was thinking the same thing. Also, for some reason other leagues around here have banned the car. I have one in my garage but havent driven it yet. Am I missing out on something with this car?

The M3 is a gt car. It isnt in the same league, per say, as the Vette or 911 as a street car but it has been built to the gt2(e) regs. Therefore, it is a "GT" car, and an ultra-competitive one at that.

MitchZ06
Driven the ISF Racing Concept? Its 50kg too heavy but its on pace at about 550hp

Maybe it was my setup by I found it too slow.. 2-3s off the pace. I kept pushing it harder but want going faster, just tires turning red in corners, lol.

I just want to beat some GT1 cars, lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back