Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah need to extract the digit and get moving with that....
I'll PM you some names if your up for making up some questions.

Sure.
I enjoy doing the media stuff almost as much as the driving. Its a big part of any race series.

Just a small update, the races will now be a set 400km in length, most have actually turned out shorter than the races were set previously (that was based on time, 2 hours) however Le Mans will be a double length event, 800km.
OP will be updated.

BTW, others may not like those pics TT13 but I reckon they're pretty cool, especially the FGT vs Diablo face off.

No tire restriction, but check the OP and you'll have an idea about tire selection ;)

Er, racing softs for me. I needs em! Unless it's raining and in that case I still haven't figured out the best combo. By the way is there another Lambo driver in GTE?

BTW thanks for the words of encouragement on the photos. :)

Gonna post one more time so the thread count isn't 666.

Sorry I'm OCD like that...

Edit: nevermind your post did it. Thanks for the update.

I actually can't stop reading a book on a page with a 6 on it even though I'm not religious. It's really odd I guess I just don't like the number. It has too much behind it, even if its meaning is man-made.

Weird, I know. Don't set one of the races to 66 laps! I'll never finish!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/allworkandnoplay/5690606331/in/photostream/

Today, I have made the trip across the Sunshine Skyway Bridge to visit the shop of Tower Turn Competition. I sat down with owner, Tower Turn 13, to discuss the most recent news to come out of the shop.

To start, your search for the Nomad Diablo was well publicized within the group. Have you finally found one and got it delievered yet?

First, I'm glad to participate in your interview, and any publicity I can bring the series is good. As for the Diablo, the race crew has started a joke around our garage that the Diablo is our "unicorn." We essentially scoured the Earth to find the darn thing, passing up many unique and rare racing automobiles along the way. I'm happy to say we've gotten the car and road-tested it. Our practice laps went exceptionally well and as a driver I instantly fell in love with the feel of the car.

Do you think that your switch from Ford to Lamborghini will help you succeed this season?

I can't say for certain because there are so many factors that go into endurance racing. Electronics can go, among other components, there's pit strategy and the possibility of a wreck early on. As for street circuits, qualifying, like the racers in Long Beach, will have a lot to do with who succeeds in this race, I think. Being in the front is a tremendous advantage in a thick, close pack of cars. Anything could happen but I definitely think the lambo's style fits my driving better than the Ford, though it was hard for us to part with her. The Ford GT is by no means less of a racing monster than the Diablo. It came down to personal preference.

You have some experience in the similar ALMS championship. How much knowledge do you think will carry over to this championship?

I found out what not to do in the last ALMS series. I came in partway through the season and didn't really participate in the points standings. And man, I got spanked! Mitch and Flyin Hawaiian are amazing drivers and my F430 just couldn't keep the pace with them. I would hold minor leads on them occasionally, but they were always short-lived. I'm really fine-tuning my style as a young driver fresh out of Skip Barber school. I've also learned how to be clean and deal with multi-class series with the pressure of LMP cars pressuring you from behind. It's a great amount of fun, and I wouldn't trade sportscar racing for anything!

In the past weeks, we have seen numerous rule changes that have resulted in more participant changes. The biggest change is the combination of GT1 and GT2 into GTE. The new class will have 9 entries with everyone of them a chance to win the class. What are your thoughts on the class and your new team mate?

I have a new team mate? This is news to me. I'd like to meet him/her As for the class change up and the rules, that's all part of racing. It happens. And to be honest I'm glad the classes merged because I think I stand more of a chance with a larger field of GTE cars. Plus this change to Lamborghini has been for the best. We're really looking forward to our partnership. The other racers are competitive as hell and we'll definitely have a tough season ahead of us. We're looking forward to the checkered.

After looking at BRD's press releases about the GreenX Challenge. Is that something that TTC is going for?

Maybe. But to be honest we're looking for wins. The other stuff is secondary to that, and all our efforts will be going into making our car fast. Being green is important to the environment and we acknowledge that, but it will be a secondary goal for us. Jus' how it is.

Finally, how do you think the expanded GTE grid will play with each other when you have the LMP grid bearing down on your own battle on a tight street curcuit?

Yes, as I mentioned the multi-class racing on a tight street circuit will be intense. I think for those courses we might need to qualify by class, but that would be up to Mitch as a race official. It'll be a mixup for sure and it may get uncomfortable out there. LMPs may struggle more than usual to keep pace with all the tight hairpins and corners. It's important for everyone to keep their head on and be cautious as much as they are aggressive. All in all though I'm really looking forward to the season and can't wait to just get out there and press the pedal to the floor!

NrburgringGP_F_3-1.jpg

JOY IS SHEER DRIVING PLEASURE

NrburgringGP_F_2-1.jpg

6 Months of Development+
1 Determined Team OF Engineers=
7 Minute Lap of The Nordschliefe
THAT is the BMW ///M3's Math.

Last edited:
peugeot908hdifaporecama.jpg

Ten10 Oreca Motorsports Announcement:

Our great company has once again experienced a big change in ownership, since a couple of days ago we have been negotiating with silver bull racing to have them buy us from team oreca and we are happy to announce that they came to a deal and Ten10 Oreca Motorsports will be no more and will now be considered Sillverbull Racing.

We happened to have bumped into their driver for a couple of words:
JML had few words to say but that he was pleased with the move considering he now gets to have a teammate and he is happy with the great welcomness that Silverbull Racing has given to him.
He had three last words as he left in urgency:
"Go Sillverbull Racing"

You know, lilcat, for how much I don't like Beamers I can't help but be a fan of their Le Mans racing team. Joey Hand has a way of shutting mouths and the car looks amazing. Great shots!

NRG Racing goes Green but stays Orange
picture.php
NRGR will be running E85 instead of E10 for this seasons LMES. When quizzed on the move team owner and driver Mitch had this to say, "Corvette Racing is our main partner and now we have moved to the GTE class we have taken delivery of a pair of new ZR1RMs to compete with. Corvette Racing uses E85 and so its fitting we follow suit in going green, power and torque are unaffected by this change so we see no problem with it."
picture.php

Beautiful color by the way Mitch. Is that the orange that comes on the newer model vette? I think I painted my RM vette similarly. Fun to look at :)

Indeed, one of the better tracks to come from it. Once PSN is up and I add everyone I'll be sharing it so you can all practice.
Its fast, heaps of 3rd and 4th gear corners, some tight bits, elevation changes galore. Rough lap times, LMP 2:50, GTE 3:00.

Indeed, one of the better tracks to come from it. Once PSN is up and I add everyone I'll be sharing it so you can all practice.
Its fast, heaps of 3rd and 4th gear corners, some tight bits, elevation changes galore. Rough lap times, LMP 2:50, GTE 3:00.

I hate all the elevation changes. Because every change in elevation seems to occur either at turn in or midcorner.

You know, lilcat, for how much I don't like Beamers I can't help but be a fan of their Le Mans racing team. Joey Hand has a way of shutting mouths and the car looks amazing. Great shots!

Thank you and yeah, Joey is awesome. I figured I was bored enough to do some marketing shots for BMW last night. I will post up the rest of the pictures later.

If anyone can instruct me how to get a replay off the PS3 and onto youtube I can post up a hotlap of the track.

Basically the only thing that can read a GT5 replay is the Playstation and GT5 itself. The video players we have on our computers just wont recognize them.

So you have to get a video capture card that hooks up from your PC to your TV and you can save the video as a .wmv that way. Once that is done you can upload to youtube.

I guess this is another way of putting it. The replay save file is game data, instead of a video file that is all picture frames.

Or you could just do it the old fashioned way and use your camera or phone to take the video. :)

There were talks about GT5 having an auto uploader to youtube built into the game sometime in the future. But who knows how long that will take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back