Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In early testing the NOMAD Diablo driven by TTC runs a 1:07.975 @ Rome Circuit.

Sounds pretty quick, I'm still yet to do a fast run in the ZR1RM.

And yeah the BMW Mclaren F1 will be allowed but will have less hp due to its weight. It wont be like the ACO restricting Corvette racing so much IRL that they spent all last year behind cars they should've been faster than...

Its not as restricted as you think. The ACO Vette has a different, smaller engine than stock. The problem is how extremely competitive the GTE class has been for the last couple of years. IIRC, the qualifying for long beach in GTE was, between the whole field, 2 seconds. They arent as far off as you think.

This year they've gotten the breaks they've been asking for all last season and thats why they're now more competitive, plus new things such as the paddle shift gearbox which does make the car faster.
ACO rules dont give two hoots whether or not the engine is the same size as stock or not. 5.5l is the limit in GTE so thats why GM went with the LS5.5R.

And yes, being a Corvette fan and involved in motorsports I do know just how restricted they were last year. Not to mention what I know about how overweight the GT1 C6.R's were last year in FIA GT1 WC. They've gotten a whole lot lighter this year and look where they are now.

Thats how sports car racing works though. One year your mid pack, then year after, your driving away from everyone.

EDIT: Does anyone know if you get money for doing the One-Make Races in A-Spec Practice?

Nope no money.

Yeah that is racing and the politics of it but its also the fact that the ACO didnt want Corvette to do a GT1 on GTE and so restricted the hell out of the car. CR had to prove they needed some breaks from those restrictions to allow them to actually compete and so its shown that the ACO eased off for this year.

Managed a 1:18.402 at Madrid, got the feeling thats the best I can wring out of the ZR1RM.

The vette is capable of :05's at Rome, I think. The two run with it that I did were 1:06.7s.

Best of 1:06.204 and if I pushed harder I would've easily made a 1:05 (ran out of brave pills).

Has anyone tried a Lambo on the GTE specs? Times? I can't seem to do too much better and average 1:08s generally. But I have pretty high downforce and I know Rome is mostly straights. Then again I can go all-out on most the curvy bits. I'll try again today. Last night I had just finished my final papers and was pretty delirious.

My tranny is at like 180mph or something like that, just about 500rpm (maybe a little less) left on the longest straight for drafting. Anyone who has the Diablo mind giving it a go for comparison? I used the Avid tune or whichever one is on the WIKI.

Best of 1:06.204 and if I pushed harder I would've easily made a 1:05 (ran out of brave pills).

The zonda runs 1:06s on average in a 24 lap arcade race... Had to pit twice because of the slow running ai! Still not got a marker for tyre wear, but I reckon it's been tamed compared to the GT1 spec! I can't believe how much later I can break as a consequence of the hp drop! 183 horses have escaped!

What's the spec of the lambo? I ll give it a run tonight!
What's the setup like?

Last edited:
Managed a 1:18.402 at Madrid, got the feeling thats the best I can wring out of the ZR1RM.

I think like the Ford GT tight turning is the Lambo's thing. I'm only slightly better than this time but I am managing to kill those turns, yet at (er, Rome) I'm struggling against you guys.

What's the spec of the lambo? I ll give it a run tonight!
What's the setup like?

I think it's 475hp and 1300kg weight (That's what I've been running) with racing softs and the Avid tune is pretty loose but tameable with very light throttle control.

http://www.gt5-tuning.com/index.php?title=Lamborghini_Nomad_Diablo_GT-1_'00

I use the first tune on the list by Avid Racing, spec for spec. 180mph tranny, everything else the same. It's thrilling to go flat out on some of those winding bends in Rome!

Just about a second slower on those specs (around 1:06.726) so far. I'll keep practicing, I haven't been on this track long and need to find all the pushing points.

Using the 1300kg/500bhp spec in arcade time trial, I ran a 1:05:048. It is capable of late/mid 1:04s I think. The standard set up is pretty solid as well. Online may be different, and not exactly sure what tire degradation is like either.

Last edited:
Using the 1300kg/500bhp spec in arcade time trial, I ran a 1:05:048. It is capable of late/mid 1:04s I think. The standard set up is pretty solid as well. Online may be different, and not exactly sure what tire degradation is like either.

Everyone running 500bhp but specs state 475. Should I be running 500? I don't know how you guys are getting those times but I'll keep trying.

Crap, I kept thinking the Diablo was a GT1 car. No keep the specs and disregard my time and hons....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back