Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting faster man, would be having another crack with the other specs but I'm watching Spa.

Yeah my internet's too slow for live streaming but I'm doing LT and radio le mans. Go Ferrari! btw best now at 1:06.528.

Go Audi@Spa!

Last edited:
Alright for those that dont understand how the points work for the GreenX Challenge I'll explain it.

-Tires-
Hard: 5pts x how many sets used.
If you use hard tires you only get 5 points for every set you use during the race (put on at each pitstop).
Medium: 10pts x how many sets used.
If you use medium tires you will get 10 points, double the amount because they have more grip.
Soft: 20pts x how many sets used.
These are obviously the fastest tire and thus get the most points.
Now the aim is to gain the least amount of points as possible. If you gain less points than everyone else you win the GreenX Challenge.

-Fuel-
Total amount divided by 10, that amount will then be multiplied by 5 to get the amount of points earned.
Say you use 198 litres of fuel for a race, 198/10=19.8, 19.8*5=99 so you have gained 99 points. Use less fuel, get less points, simple.

-Pitstops-
Total amount of stops multiplied by 10, this will give the amount of points.
This is the most simple of the lot. Obviously if you need less pitstops your car is more fuel efficient or better on tires, thus more green.

If you dont understand dont hesitate to say so and I'll say it again in a different way...

EifelCircuit.jpg

A couple of days ago, we were on the west side of the Tampa Bay at Tower Turn Competition. Now we find ourselves on the east side of the Bay at the shop of BMW Team Project 54 to discuss the partnership, among other things.

What caused you decide to switch from the Corvette to the M3 GTR?

The decision was made shortly after GT1 got dissolved away. The BMW M3 was slotted into the GT1 class. I had been looking into the BMW before I joined the series, but didnt like that it was in GT1. So, once the class was dissolved, BMW Motorsport came to us and offered us factory support and unlimited testing. I really couldn't refuse such an offer.

With the switch to BMW power a week or so ago, it seems the team are working a lot harder to get it ready. Are you working any harder?

We really have to. Now that we have made a final car choice, we can get on with getting the car up to speed.

The team has done a lot of testing with new car. When do you expect to roll the car out in public?

We have been doing mainly baseline testing with the car. Just trying to put miles on the car so far. We hope to be at a couple of the preseason tests. Anything before that is just what we think we can do. I am just looking forward to showing the car and running with everyone.

It has been well publicized that you come from GT3 and looking to move to LMPs shortly. What do you want to accomplish before you move up and what is your timetable for this move?

Right now, I just want to get used to the multi class racing and go from there. There really isn't a time table yet for a move to LMP. I love running the GT classes right now. They suit my driving style really well. BMW Motorsport and our team will be discussing a move up during the coming months.

Is there any efforts to run a second car for the factory or just your car?

We are looking at adding another car, but as of now, it is only a single entry.

The GreenX Challenge has been confirmed for this year. What will your approach to this be?

To be quite honest, I have read the rules and how it works, but, I dont know how everything will be calculated together. Winning our class and running well is our biggest concern for the year.

There are rumors of a GT4 championship floating around in the paddock. Any chance you and the team might go and run a car in that championship?

We have looked into the class for next year, but that really depends. As a team, we dont want to be spread too thin and not be competitive. In three series in one year, we as a team feel that we wouldn't be as competitive. We have taken delivery of a M3 GT4. So, we will see what unfolds this year and make a decision from there.

Finally, it looks like the team has grown almost from nothing to a factory supported race team in a very short time. What are your plans for the future?

Short term plans are just to win the class. Beyond that, we hope to expand some more and maybe bring in another entry. Maybe, even having more drivers running under our banner in other series. I think that that is a bit far out though, if it happens.

Last edited:
Damn Spa...I've put together a ILMC for GT5 for the next season, 5 rounds of 1000km races with LMES and GT WC cars making up 3 rooms, anyone up for that?

The bentley is about the easiest LMP to drive IMO. I have the V12LMR from BMW, that Speed 8 Bentley, the Courage C60Peugeot, the Oreca 908, the Nissan R92, and the Toyota Minolta. I plan on purchasing every LMP I can find. If I can. So far the Bentley is the easiest to drive, then the C60 and Minolta. With 690hp every car and race softs with 5-10 points left in downforce instead of full downforce.

Did you done it at 700pp? if so your good man !

700pp my friend! I usually go for less power and more downforce on tight tracks... Top end power isn't what you need in racing on street tracks IMHO and the torque isnt too imposing so there's not much wheel spin under acceleration! I do use a wheel mind!

I think the Peugeot is a nice car to handle... Even With a chassis reinforcement its quite stable providing you shift early with the masses of torque on the tap!

BTW I run in arcade time trial. No tyre degradation, but it feels like online!

Re Lambo: The power difference from 500 to 475 isn't that much of a step. Clocked a 1:05:400 after playing around with gear ratios!

Last edited:
Then I hope you'll stay in GT2 :) Under 97sec/lap on Rome is amazingly fast and I honestly never done it. So when you said you've done it on your first try, i'm scared :scared:

Don't worry. We got this :D

Then I hope you'll stay in GT2 :) Under 97sec/lap on Rome is amazingly fast and I honestly never done it. So when you said you've done it on your first try, i'm scared :scared:

I think you mean 58 seconds right? I think anyone in a Mini could do it in 98s!

I'm just quick at 1 lap banzai runs tbh. I lose concentration very easily so end up making mistakes, hence why I have 2 poles and 2 fastest laps in the GTPFIA WC, and no wins!

I think you mean 58 seconds right? I think anyone in a Mini could do it in 98s!

I'm just quick at 1 lap banzai runs tbh. I lose concentration very easily so end up making mistakes, hence why I have 2 poles and 2 fastest laps in the GTPFIA WC, and no wins!

OH MAN, my bad, you're right. I mean under 57sec. Sorry.

Don't worry! You can laugh at me when you lap me after 3 laps after I end up totaling my car on the first lap!

haha, it makes me think, was it you that had problems entering the pit in the GTPFIA? :lol: Yeah i'm shure, i watched the replay 3-4 times... but you're fast :lol: jk

Yep that was me with the pitting issues:lol:! Had to run the final 5 laps with no tread/grip left on the front tyres! I was happy to come away with 3rd in the circumstances!

Let's hope I can run a clean race with no incidents in the future!

700pp my friend! I usually go for less power and more downforce on tight tracks... Top end power isn't what you need in racing on street tracks IMHO and the torque isnt too imposing so there's not much wheel spin under acceleration! I do use a wheel mind!

I think the Peugeot is a nice car to handle... Even With a chassis reinforcement its quite stable providing you shift early with the masses of torque on the tap!

BTW I run in arcade time trial. No tyre degradation, but it feels like online!

Re Lambo: The power difference from 500 to 475 isn't that much of a step. Clocked a 1:05:400 after playing around with gear ratios!

(er nevermind duh :)) what weight? For me in the Lambo it made a difference of about a second or so on lap times. I got good enough to get that 1:06 time with 475 hp and could probably do about a second faster with 500hp and slightly lighter.I could try in a few minutes and post here the results.

Also I have the Avid tune which is a little odd, adds to car height by 10 on front and back and has more downforce in the front. It's a sharp little turner but less downforce might be better for a course like Rome with a number of straights. I dunno though.

The pits at Seca are what worry me. The menus have a tendency of disappearing...

And having another "massive update" from Sony. I don't have the hard drive space on my refurb! :)

Last edited:
The pits at Seca are what worry me. The menus have a tendency of disappearing...

And having another "massive update" from Sony. I don't have the hard drive space on my refurb! :)

It will disappear depending on how you enter the pit. Enter correctly and the menu works fine :)

It will disappear depending on how you enter the pit. Enter correctly and the menu works fine :)

Teach me the ways of the force! No matter how slow I enter the AI takes over and slams into a wall. It's like Bob is my passenger and he leans over and grabs the wheel.

Yup Wednesday it is tho I'm just gonna host the first one whenever PSN is back, just wanna get online and racing!

Thank God Madrid is only a practice round. I'm a good two seconds behind your time and I have no idea where I can make it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back