Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God Madrid is only a practice round. I'm a good two seconds behind your time and I have no idea where I can make it up.

I'm more confident in the slower GTE corvette so I'll take more risks and dive into corners more, seems to work as I'm pushing close to my slowest GT1 time...

1:05.885@Rome w/500hp/1250kg
1:06.095 w/475/1300kg (on the verge of breaking 1.05, I can get past my ghost on a few corners but the 4th-gear downhill righthander I have to go all out at a certain angle that's very dangerous and keep crashing).

Er yes I wish I had this time at Madrid :)

Last edited:
Fixed. Will post Madrid in a sec.

I was keeping lap times and data on my ereader, but ran over the screen with my chair and now it's broke :(

1:05.885@Rome w/500hp/1250kg
1:06.095 w/475/1300kg (on the verge of breaking 1.05, I can get past my ghost on a few corners but the 4th-gear downhill righthander I have to go all out at a certain angle that's very dangerous and keep crashing).

Er yes I wish I had this time at Madrid :)

I swear that ghost makes me run slower. I concentrate more on it than I do the damn track!

I've found a soft suspension setting helps with the street tracks too in allowing the car to ride the bumps and curbs better than a firmer setup.

Gonna have to give it a try. I just downloaded the tuning sheet from GTP. Now I wont be so scared to mess around with the suspension a little bit. I usually dont like to make drastic changes to the car once I feel that I finally have it balanced. Usually just use the LSD to make any changes that I need to any upcomming tracks.

I just want to say real quick that I'm drunk and I can't wait for the PSN to come back so we can race each other. I love you guys :)

haha nice @ Sephy

I don't want to mention my times. Around high 1:22 right now. I'm gonna try with TCS to see if there's a difference.

Aww your no fun :guilty:

Also:

Preseason Schedule
R1 Madrid - 30 laps
R2 La Sarthe no Chicanes - 10 laps
R3 BNZ Raceway Chch - 10 laps
R4 SSR5 - 30 laps

No dates as yet because of the PSN outage.

Last edited:
Aww your no fun :guilty:

Also:

Preseason Schedule
R1 Madrid - 30 laps
R2 La Sarthe no Chicanes - 10 laps
R4 SSR5 - 30 laps

No dates as yet because of the PSN outage.

Gonna have to sit this one out. Heard that track was not maintained well and full of potholes. :P

These pre season races seem like they're going to be short.

It survived the earthquake dont worry, plus its the home track for NRG Racing.

These pre season races seem like they're going to be short.

They're more about testing than actual racing. I'll have the room open for a long time so people can test and tune and the race is mainly to do some performance balancing between cars, especially the LMPs.

Lol, might do it on the big screen next time, will get a far better picture (rear mounted projector vs a normal tv)
And yeah, 1250kg (meant to be 1300kg but after testing I think Jav is abnormally fast....)

(er nevermind duh :)) what weight? For me in the Lambo it made a difference of about a second or so on lap times. I got good enough to get that 1:06 time with 475 hp and could probably do about a second faster with 500hp and slightly lighter.I could try in a few minutes and post here the results.

Also I have the Avid tune which is a little odd, adds to car height by 10 on front and back and has more downforce in the front. It's a sharp little turner but less downforce might be better for a course like Rome with a number of straights. I dunno though.

The spec was 475/1300!

Slap on all the down force you can. For a city track theres a lot of long sweeping bends on Rome, so traction is key. Also at this level, the down force drag penalty is not that great, whether its the game's drag modeling I don't know!

The spec was 475/1300!

Slap on all the down force you can. For a city track theres a lot of long sweeping bends on Rome, so traction is key. Also at this level, the down force drag penalty is not that great, whether its the game's drag modeling I don't know!

I always run as much downforce as I can, dont get those tunes where they use less than the max :dunce:

Lol, might do it on the big screen next time, will get a far better picture (rear mounted projector vs a normal tv)
And yeah, 1250kg (meant to be 1300kg but after testing I think Jav is abnormally fast....)

It's okay, he can be prodigiously fast in LMP then:lol:

What are the specs that I should be running on the M3 GTR? I have been running at 510bhp/1300kg.

I will have to do a video of my testing spot. Fairly short, but a lot of quick corners.

I always run as much downforce as I can, dont get those tunes where they use less than the max :dunce:

yeah. Avid Racing has a tendency of making cars as turn-happy as possible, which sort of works for me but the Lambo doesn't need as much help as they give it. Plus they jack up the suspension and don't give the tail end as much downforce.

I might try just adding the downforce myself or shifting the ballast slightly back but the car is MR I think and I don't know enough to account for that.

Bottom line is when I start fiddling with stuff I usually screw it up more than help. I need a good tune to begin with :ouch:

yeah. Avid Racing has a tendency of making cars as turn-happy as possible, which sort of works for me but the Lambo doesn't need as much help as they give it. Plus they jack up the suspension and don't give the tail end as much downforce.

I might try just adding the downforce myself or shifting the ballast slightly back but the car is MR I think and I don't know enough to account for that.

Bottom line is when I start fiddling with stuff I usually screw it up more than help. I need a good tune to begin with :ouch:

Go back to default and work your way from there! If you want it tail happy loosen the front springs and stiffen the rear....

hon1987
Go back to default and work your way from there! If you want it tail happy loosen the front springs and stiffen the rear....

I believe it's the other way around...
Or at least it is with karting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back