Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't aware go karts had suspension?!

Not as complex as a car suspension but they still have anty-roll bars wich you can use to adjust the chasis tendencies... Just Like Gatr said loosen the front thighten the rear and you get a beautifull handling chasis, do the opposite and you get a slugish understeering turd.
In real life cars the same applies, in GT5 who knows!

Jav
Not as complex as a car suspension but they still have anty-roll bars wich you can use to adjust the chasis tendencies... Just Like Gatr said loosen the front thighten the rear and you get a beautifull handling chasis, do the opposite and you get a slugish understeering turd.
In real life cars the same applies, in GT5 who knows!

Oh, never noticed the roll bars when I've been karting! :dunce:

But isn't that what I said before? (in regards to stiffer rear end than front?)

Earlier in the weekend, I got to talk on a conference call with the drivers of the NRG Racing Corvette ZR1s, MitchZ06 and FlyinHawaiian77. We talked about the new test location they built among other things.

First off, Mitch, you and Flyin joined up really from the start of the series. What are each of your prior experiences racing with each other

Mitch-I first raced Flyin in the ALMS when I made the switch from the GT1 class to the GT2 class due to a number of the other drivers dropping out and there was no real competition. He managed to win at the Nurburgring round and we had a good race at Indy until I got booted from the room so I thought it'd be great to have him onboard as a NRG Racing team member. We're set to run in the GT1 class of the ALMS for the final race at La Sarthe and have got a really good combo going.

Flyin-My past experiences racing with Mitch were great. We started off actually racing against each other in the GTP ALMS series. He was in GT1 and I was in GT2. As a driver your always aware of what goes on on the track. Mitch was not only clean and competitive, but he was always placing high on the podium. When you are building a team those are the kind of pieces you look for to build from. So when NRGR came to me with the special opportunity to join forces it was hard for me to turn down.

As a GT1 team, how has the dissolving of GT1 into GT2 affected your challenge for class victory?

We'll be pushing as hard as we always do to win the class. Theres not a whole lot between the GT1 and GTE Vettes but the GTE car is alot easier to handle around the street courses.

We will meet this challenge with open arms. I feel that if you truly want to be the best you have to beat the best. Having a bigger field means more competition and this is the type of thing we are looking for. We try to bring our "A" game with us on race day and having this big of a field with this many good drivers will make sure we do.

How much are both you and Flyin looking forward to getting out for the first preseason test with effectively a full grid?

Its going to be freaking amazing, thats all I can say. The fact the GTE field is pretty big means theres going to be alot of competition out there and I'm really looking forward to the challenge.

I think I speak for everyone in saying that the season cannot start soon enough! Having a full great makes it that more exciting. I cant wait!

What race in the championship is your favorite? Also, what makes that race one of your favorites?

Laguna Seca is a track I've had alot of past success on and its also my main test track however Monza is a track I really enjoy. The chicane
at the end of the straight will be a fight between the late brakers and could cause some chaos. Its a fast track and should make the LMP guys job of passing the GTEs alot easier.

I really enjoy racing on the longer tracks. Right now its a close pick between Nurburgrign GP/F and Suzuka. Both tracks have long sweeping straights and really test your technical skill. When your out there you really want to push hard and give it your all, but too much and it could end up costing you the podium. So you really have to find the balance and limit of your car. It makes for great on the edge of your seat racing.

One of the newer things to come out in the news is the addition of NRG Racing's own testing location to the preseason schedule. I would imagine that both of you guys have done some tests there already. What do each of you think about the testing location?

BNZ Raceway Christchurch is actually a very very new venue. Its NRGRs home base simply for the fact that its where I was born and raised and I'm a proud Cantabrian. Being that its so new Flyin hasnt yet put down laps on it but once the network is back up he'll get his chance.

We are excited to have our own practice facilities. I actually have not been able to log in any time with the track yet, but have heard many great things about it. Having your own testing facilities makes it easier for us to test and tune together. The track is within very close driving distance from the shop. Once a new development has been made, we can easily test it out on our track. Where as before, we would have to make arrangements for a test and tune session, load up everything on the trailer and make the long drive to the track.

It seems that most of the teams are now carrying some sort of factory backing, including yourselves. How do you think all this factory involvement will help or hinder the racing this season?

Racing only improves the breed and the factory support behind the teams should help improve the race cars even more. GM is behind us thru their factory team Corvette Racing and we've had a great level of support from them now we've moved to GTE.

Chevrolet has given us full reigns when it comes to the development of NRGR Chevrolet's. It really is comforting to know that you have a company like Chevrolet behind your back. With all the recent success of Chevy in the past and the present you really do feel like you are in good hands. They have been there everyday with 100% support. And when you have a backing like that it makes you want to go out there and try even harder to finish 1 and 2 on the podium.

Finally, how do you think that the shortening of the races from 2 hours to 400km change strategies from you and your competition?[/QUOTE]

The races will still be roughly 2 hours long or so I'm told so it'll still be a endurance race in every sense of the word. We've got many strategies we can use to help give us the edge over the competition and hope they can push us to double podiums. Go NRGR!

Any kind of change throws a twist into your strategy for sure. We at NRGR take pride in being able to adapt to anything that comes our way. We will attack it like any other challenge. Put in the hard work, grind and expect nothing but the best in the end.

Thanks guys for spending a couple of minutes with me.

What are the specs that I should be running on the M3 GTR? I have been running at 510bhp/1300kg.

I will have to do a video of my testing spot. Fairly short, but a lot of quick corners.

Great interview!

Mitch when the PSN comes back will you be sharing your track so if any of us are interested we can download it? I'd love to give it a whirl.

Great interview!

Mitch when the PSN comes back will you be sharing your track so if any of us are interested we can download it? I'd love to give it a whirl.

Gonna have to since its a preseason track.

Alright it appears the McLaren F1 GTR can only reach 1150kg in weight so as such it will be limited to 400hp.

It seems that with the new lower weight and less power, BMW Team P-54's M3 GTR is running a second and a half quicker around our private test curcuit.

I'll be practicing so I can join in as well. IF there is room that is. Not sure of what car or class though, so get back to me.

I'll be practicing so I can join in as well. IF there is room that is. Not sure of what car or class though, so get back to me.

There is a space on my team. We would be in the BMW M3 GTR. Its been quick in testing, but I wouldn't know for sure until the preseason tests start. Want to join?

Or you can join me and we can take "they took our jobs" to the top!:dopey:
Or you can help me come up with a better team name:lol:

Sorry about that hon, i didn't know who was in charge, but anyways i like to sign-up.

PSN: IndianWolf
Team: Undecided atm
Teammate (if applicable): None atm
Class: GT2
Car: Corvette ZR1 RM

Teammate: Unless someone would draft me?

Er I am in charge...hon was just answering for me.

Anyway, I have scrapped the car availability rule, kinda pointless in regards to the constructors title to have it.

IndyWolf you've had two offers to join a team, just depends on where you want to go...

I'm going to review the regs again- I've been running laps with the M3 the R8LMS and the Diablo at 500hp 1250kg (1300kg Audi). More to come...

Well, I'm running 500hp/1250kg with the Lambo, I'm doing mid 1:04's low 1:05's (ROME) in arcade mode, no Skid Recovery, no traction control, ABS 2. Grip Real. With the R8LMS at 500hp/1300kg 1:05's easily. M3GTR in the 1:05's with 500hp/1250kg as well. Those are the only cars I've tested so far.

Um, is that the Diablo? If so you best check the regulations again and come back with a new time ;)

I followed your regs with your latest post. Then you said you changed it. I just told you my lap times with 500/1250 It's not going to be much slower at 475/1300, if it's the R8 it's just as fast at 500/1300, and if you drop the power on that one to 475, it just improves corner exit. The M3GTR is the slowest of the bunch and it's still capable of 1:05's with the regs you state. Gearing is the only thing that needs to be done.

Nomad Diablo GT1 - 1300kg-475hp
Audi R8 LMS - 1300kg-475hp

Yeah and if you read my further posts after that one you'll notice I corrected my self.....The OP is always the correct post so follow that because I do update it.

The cars ARE slower with more weight and less power, use those regs....this isnt a make your own spec competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back