Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed your regs with your latest post. Then you said you changed it. I just told you my lap times with 500/1250 It's not going to be much slower at 475/1300, if it's the R8 it's just as fast at 500/1300, and if you drop the power on that one to 475, it just improves corner exit. The M3GTR is the slowest of the bunch and it's still capable of 1:05's with the regs you state. Gearing is the only thing that needs to be done.

Trust me, with the current regs that 50kg/25hp advantage is gonna be the difference and make the car just too dominant over the rest. The field is that close!

Mitch you're coming off an ass you know. I just said I followed your rules. The times are slower, but not by much. Like I said. If the cars are in the 1:07's the M3 GTR isn't at your regs. Just a 'helpful' tool. So if I were to go with a car, based off just Rome, the M3 would be it, since it has higher HP and lower weight.

Yeah sorry to sound like an ass but the regs were created to keep the cars even. When you keep saying "I'm using 500hp/1250kg as the spec" you can see where some frustration comes from when the spec is there for all to see.

I appreciate your input but alot of work has gone into the original GTE spec. Some of the ex GT1 cars now in the class will need to be balanced at the first test session however (I gave 500hp/1250kg as a rough guide....)

I was telling you what my times were according to the older rules. Pretty much confirming that the Lambo was a killer even with 500hp. I just ran 1:06.4's last time with 475hp/1300kg. Could probably be in the 1:05's. But the M3 is in the 1:05.5's with the current format. I'm not here to brag or show off my times. I just wanted to share like everyone else. You had other people running the Lambo with 500hp at 1250kg, so I just did that to see where I stood. Now I know where I stand with the hp drop and weight increase.

No worries, my apologies.

I did say 500hp/1250kg but that was because I thought the Diablo was in the GT1 class and only realised it was actually already in GTE and at 475hp/1300kg.

Best I've run with the Corvette has been a high 1:05 and I know a few others have gotten that sort of time so they're all pretty even.

Forgot to mention also, IndyWolf has made the list and you'll go on the reserve list if you want but I'll swap you around depending if IndyWolf can make the whole season or not.

I'm not using any cheats or anything, and using arcade mode, so maybe my tune is just good, but it's not feeling that way. But the 1:05.5 in the BMW was a flawed lap. I'm pretty sure it can drop to the 1:04.9's maybe even lower. best lap was 1:05.593 in the BMW. Best lap (so far) in the Lambo was 1:06.408. More to come...

I havent done testing with the BMW so I wouldn't know. lilcat89 is the person currently running a M3 GTR so he'll be the best to ask for his time at Rome.

I just ran some practice laps, seeing which lines are the best. I'm definitely feeling the R8LMS around Rome. Turn in is sharp, braking is ok, but the back will follow the front. Even with 475hp and 1300kg, I did mid 1:05's then popped off a low 1:05.005 then came a 1:04.712 at ROME. No aids. Next up is the Madrid where I think I can hit 1:15's pretty easily.

Haven't tried it out yet. I'll be letting you know how it goes here in about 10-15 minutes. See if my tune works out there as well.

Yep- could only manage 1:21.9 at most for the R8. It lacks the straight away power. Even if you lower the gear ratios. It's killer at Rome, but Not Madrid. That's ok, consistent 1:22's isn't half bad. I'm going to try some LMP's. Maybe if you have openings there I could race with it. Just depends.

The grid is full, 6 LMPs and 10 GTEs (if you get in over IndyWolf) and I'm not keen on adding more LMPs to be honest. I did try the Audi at Madrid at got some 1:20's so I knew it wouldnt get 1:15's, that'd be witchcraft if it did :dopey:

hmm...can't seem to get mine near that, 479bhp it tops out at....
Am I right in saying the Zonda is 1250kg/500bhp?

Yeah its quick but thats why its heavier than some of the others.

There will be balancing performed at the first test however.

The Audi just doesn't have the grunt for madrid's straights. If there's no room it's fine, I can be on call or whatever.

We'll see how many people do show. Some cant make the preseason events so you'll get in for those, I'm keen to see an Audi on the grid ;)

I can team up with hon if he doesn't mind

I've been practicing with the Zonda and its pretty good, i can manage it on most courses.

You are welcome to race alongside me :D
Now are you happy with the team name "they took our jobs" or can you think of anything snappier?

You are welcome to race alongside me :D
Now are you happy with the team name "they took our jobs" or can you think of anything snappier?

I don't mind the team name, i'm not that creative with names anyway.

So yup I'll join Team: "They took our jobs"

500hp/1300kg

Also, once PSN is up I'd like to do a whole grid photo to use instead of the photos currently in use (makes me want more cars on the grid and PD to release more cars and tracks soooo much...)

Last edited:
500hp/1300kg

Also, once PSN is up I'd like to do a whole grid photo to use instead of the photos currently in use (makes me want more cars on the grid and PD to release more cars and tracks soooo much...)

That would be cool.

and seth- Im in the low 21's around madrid in my M3. There is still some to get out of it though with some tuning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back