Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing I did was add a little more downforce to the rear wing. I've gotten pretty used to the tune which has super sharp turning and requires a lot of babysitting on the pedals. Maybe there's a better setup but I really need a setup that's good all around to begin with, because I'm bad at tuning. I like Avid's setup though I find raising the suspension an odd choice. I tried the other tune on the wiki but didn't like it.

I was able to get into the 1:20's with the setup you gave. Since the car felt so planted, I actually took downforce away from the rear. I moved the ballast up front and also turned down some of the settings on the lsd. My theory is they are tuning the lsd for a much higher powered car. So the settings dont need to be as high.

I'm thinking I can get into the 1:19's if I turn the TCS on to 1. Your right about having to babysit the car coming out of corner. But other than that its really easy to drive.

Drop the ride height and set downforce to max, will increase handling HEAPS.

Sounds good. I'd really be grateful if at some point before Wednesday night someone wants to try out some lambo tuning with me, particularly how to better the Avid one I'm using. I love the handling but it does get a little tweaky and as Mitch points out it may be an issue of downforce and ride height that's making its a** kick out so easily. I wonder, though, if lowering the car makes it necessary to adjust all the suspension tunings, which I'm definitely not smart enough to figure out on my own.

Anyway I'll be back probably around 1:30-2pm EST (which, in summer is apparently GMT-4:00).

Cheers.

I was able to get into the 1:20's with the setup you gave. Since the car felt so planted, I actually took downforce away from the rear. I moved the ballast up front and also turned down some of the settings on the lsd. My theory is they are tuning the lsd for a much higher powered car. So the settings dont need to be as high.

I'm thinking I can get into the 1:19's if I turn the TCS on to 1. Your right about having to babysit the car coming out of corner. But other than that its really easy to drive.

Cool. I'd love to tune and chill in a bit if you're down.

I need LSD explained better to me so I can learn to dial it myself :/

Might not be able to make the practice session on Wednesday. Plan on going out of town tomorrow and actually coming back on Wednesday. It looks like I'll be home at or around 8. Hopefully I can make it.

Here are some pictures of the morning session of GTE.

CircuitodeMadrid.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_1.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_2.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_3.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_4.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_6.jpg

More or less a BMW Team P-54 and NRG Racing test session.

Last edited:
First preseason round at Madrid will be this Wednesday the 18th at 8PM US eastern, see you all there :D

Mitch is PSN up in the land of OZ yet bro?
---->Also I'm down for a little tuning session doods... let me know whats up por favor

Hows goes the testing everyone?

Pretty well. Going to have to watch the collisions very carefully, especially when on the tight street courses. In my testing at madrid with TowerTurn13, my car was a good bit quicker so was glued to his bumper through the tight section and got in the back of him one time (think he tapped the inside wall abruptly slowing him) and killed both our engines (me bring Front engine and his mid engine) with a relatively light tap (cars didn't get out of shape after the collision). Finding a clean place to pass is going to be a PITA at Madrid, even with a good bit over the competition. I think I ran a 1:19.1 in testing last night at Madrid.

How long is the preseason race going to be? Hopefully at least 15 laps or so to get an idea on how tire wear/pit stops play into the race. I have a feeling my car will go through front tires quicker then most (due to my aggressive driving, and my car setup).

You think we should practice the whole rolling start on Wednesday? Seems like it was a PITA with the 5 or 6 of us out there. Jav's got a good thing going in FIA as far as the race procedures go. Maybe adopt his method?

It'll work on wednesday, we'll practice it a couple of times in the free run mode before going racing to make sure its all good. I'm thinking we have more of a gap between LMP and GTE just to spread things out a bit.

BTW, putting a room up, message me on PSN for its number (only got one ethernet cable to share between my PS3 and laptop...)

Last edited:
Er...I've got another just need to make the hole in the wall a bit bigger to fit 2 thru.

Room is down. Tried the R8 LMS online too and got a 19.8 so its fast enough....

You think we should practice the whole rolling start on Wednesday? Seems like it was a PITA with the 5 or 6 of us out there. Jav's got a good thing going in FIA as far as the race procedures go. Maybe adopt his method?

whats such a pita about a rolling start? Only thing you have to decided before hand is where green flag is. On Madrid comming out the last corner go green, no passing before the start/finish line though. It will seperate the field a little bit going into turn 1 hopefully causing less of a pile up, lol. Remember the race is long, no need to take risky passing maneuvers to gain positions on the first laps causing a wreck.

whats such a pita about a rolling start? Only thing you have to decided before hand is where green flag is. On Madrid comming out the last corner go green, no passing before the start/finish line though. It will seperate the field a little bit going into turn 1 hopefully causing less of a pile up, lol. Remember the race is long, no need to take risky passing maneuvers to gain positions on the first laps causing a wreck.

Exactly, I'm going to be dishing out penalties for crap like that, seriously guys theres no need to go doing dodgy moves on the first lap when theres another 60-90 to go in the races.

Exactly, I'm going to be dishing out penalties for crap like that, seriously guys theres no need to go doing dodgy moves on the first lap when theres another 60-90 to go in the races.

👍

Its extremely hard to not go for a gap when it comes available, but you have to resist, haha. I have a very hard time doing this, but trying to get better at it. They're just sooo its so inviting :)

Maybe my tune for the R8 is weak, but I have never used it online before yesterday. I tried to stay out the way, lag can come into play at times too. I'll be online later to test with you guys.

For some reason, I have gotten really bored of Madrid. Havent driven the car since yesterday morning. Probably this is true because I have it set up the way I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back