Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing the video, that was definitely Mitch's corner.
However, it wasn't the most gentlemanly thing to do...
Not something you should've done during an enduro, but you did have the right to do it.

He left no room and caused the wreck. This nonsense of being his corner means nothing, he was the attacking driver, causing the defending driver to wreck from his lack of room given on the exit.

Having the right to wreck someone cause your nose is ahead on the corner apex is asinine.

Edit: let me make it clear, I'm not saying he shouldn't of went for the gap. He had a run and I would of went for the pass as well. But he should of made every effort to leave room on the exit. With his less then ideal line he most likely would not of completed the pass (having to brake a lot more then the ideal line in order to leave room, allowing the R8 to have the greater exit speed and being on the inside on the next long lefthander hairpin).

Last edited:
Yay I've broken into 1:21 territory! I don't know about consistently hitting those numbers, but with a bit of tranny tightening and LSD tweaking it's getting better.

EDIT: New record of 1:21.075.

Last edited:
I'll be putting the room up in 10 minutes, gotta get this done a bit earlier (picking up the grandparents in 2 hours...).

tissimo
He left no room and caused the wreck. This nonsense of being his corner means nothing, he was the attacking driver, causing the defending driver to wreck from his lack of room given on the exit.

Having the right to wreck someone cause your nose is ahead on the corner apex is asinine.

Yes, it may have been his fault that the R8 was wrecked, but it was still his corner.
IRL, if the marshals see that, he wouldn't be penalized/be given a warning.
Trust me, I've done and had it done to me multiple times IRL.

There is even the possibility that the Vette didn't even know he was there.

I'm gentlemanly racing, and to avoid incidents, 90% of the time, the Vette should have let the R8 go, but he doesn't have to if he doesn't want to.

The room will be up for atleast an hour guys so dont worry, you'll get some testing time if not racing time.

Gogatrs is right (he's been racing and knows what I'm talking about) however I didnt expect the R8 to end up in the wall, if he was slowed down more he would've just ended up coming out of the corner slower. I thought I had given him enough space coming out and because of the games crappy vision and blind spots at times didnt see him end up in the wall until I was braking for the next corner and had a look in the rear view mirror.

I'll be putting the room up in 10 minutes, gotta get this done a bit earlier (picking up the grandparents in 2 hours...).

Er, so when do you think this whole shebang will get going? It's about 6 here now. Just curious because the wife and I are going to get some Olive Garden but I need to tell her what time. Seems the race will take about 45min-an hour and 1/2, from my calculations (depending on the length of the pace lap, how quick LMP is going which I have no idea, and of course qualy time).

MitchZ06
The room will be up for atleast an hour guys so dont worry, you'll get some testing time if not racing time.

Gogatrs is right (he's been racing and knows what I'm talking about) however I didnt expect the R8 to end up in the wall, if he was slowed down more he would've just ended up coming out of the corner slower. I thought I had given him enough space coming out and because of the games crappy vision and blind spots at times didnt see him end up in the wall until I was braking for the next corner and had a look in the rear view mirror.

Yeah, I know what you mean, just you saying it was a clean pass is mainly what I'm focusing on.

I'll join in a few minutes.

I'm about to hop on psn now, Mitch. However, you aren't on my buddy list, would you mind pm'ing me the room number? Thanks bro. Oh, and one question, can we try a few different cars at league spec before making a solid choice for the preseason race this weekend?
I believe I just got a message from u so hopefully disregard the room number request. Thanks guys!

Preseason Race 1 Results:

DSC04908.jpg

Sorry guys, Mum doesnt know you cant pause an online race, got angry and pulled my internet....

Anyway, it should be finished by now so how did it go?

Wait, did you guys start early?

we basically started the race at 8pm with about 20min qualifying before that. I wish there would have been more cars on the track but considering I think it went fairly well. I had no contact with other vehicles and found my own pocket for a while, clean passing by P1 cars and otherwise quiet until a mistake and damage got me passed. All in all not bad though, went up a place from where I qualified. Almost pole but not quite.

And I don't think I'll be back at Madrid for a while...

Announcement:

Due to a malfunction in the cars electronics JML was not able to compete in todays preseason race.
JML had this to say "this is a new car and all new cars have issues at first, i am just glad we found this out now and not during the season."
But JML affirmed he would be at the next one ready to fight, and we are all hoping he is not afflicted by the same problems.
As for his teammate MajikTom we have no clue of his whereabouts leaving jml fighting at test sessions for himself fending off all of the others LMP's.

Yeah I'm hoping people can clean up before we hit Rome, seeing so many cars go to the pits just after the start kinda dulled the situation....

However, next test will be at Monza (no chicane) instead of BNZ Raceway, should be alot easier without the walls :P

Guys i'd like to say you must keep your line even if LMPs are behind you. Dont try to be gentle by slowing down and let us pass. It's your right the keep the best line and LMPs have to be patient and wait for the good moment.

Its the responsibility of the faster car to make the pass, the slower car is allowed to hold its line (unless it results in a crash....).

Guys i'd like to say you must keep your line even if LMPs are behind you. Dont try to be gentle by slowing down and let us pass. It's your right the keep the best line and LMPs have to be patient and wait for the good moment.

On straights I tried to pull to the side and keep clear, I'll maintain my line next time though, my bad.

Monza (no chicane)

I've never raced that track variation.. will have to put some time in it this week.

BTW, some spec adjustments, the 350Z is to gain 25kg, the Audi R8 LMS of freshseth and jepoks will get a 15hp increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back