Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blaze, what was your tire wear like at lap 15/16? My front tires were around 1/2 rears were like 2/3 still. My laptimes fell to 1.22-1.23 before pitting. I wasn't sure if you pit because of tires, or you saw me going into the pits so went at the same time?

Blaze, what was your tire wear like at lap 15/16? My front tires were around 1/2 rears were like 2/3 still. My laptimes fell to 1.22-1.23 before pitting. I wasn't sure if you pit because of tires, or you saw me going into the pits so went at the same time?

I had damage on my right front so i wanted to get rid of that as soon as possible and my pit window opened at 15 laps so i pitted on lap 15. The weird hing is t he tires worre down but i didnt think the grip levels where that different.

I had damage on my right front so i wanted to get rid of that as soon as possible and my pit window opened at 15 laps so i pitted on lap 15. The weird hing is t he tires worre down but i didnt think the grip levels where that different.

Yea, my good speed (1.19s) was only good for 3-4 laps then grip lvl dropped and fairly linear (slightly dropping) till I finally pitted. Yea, I received damage as well around lap 12 and then again lap 26 or so.

Been talking and testing with FH--is there a way to up the specs on the Lambo to 500hp/1275kg? We were doing testing at Monza and there was a noticable difference between speeds on the straits of the Vette and the Lambo, both cars driven and noticed by FH. With 500/1275 I still couldn't keep up with him in identical Lambos, so it isn't something that would give me such an advantage that it would gap our skill differences.

Just a thought :)

2011-May Bulletin - Performance Adjustment for GTE Class.

Car HP Weight Adjustments

Corvette Z06RM - 500 - 1250 - +25kg
Corvette ZR1RM - 500 - 1250 - +25kg
Audi R8 LMS - 475 - 1300 - +15hp
Nissan 350Z - 555 - 1250 - +25kg -15hp
Zonda LM - 500 - 1300 - N/A
BMW M3 GTR - 500 - 1250 - None

Last edited:
2011-May Bulletin - Performance Adjustment for GTE Class.

Car HP Weight Adjustments

Audi R8 LMS - 475 - 1300 - +15hp
Nissan 350Z - 555 - 1250 - +25kg -15hp
Zonda LM - 500 - 1300 - N/A
BMW M3 GTR - 500 - 1250 - None

Well adding 25 kilos to all the cars except the Audi R8 will slow us down to us down to the R8. I dont think the R8 is slow. The two guys in the R8 had a lot of crashes and damage and pitstops. thats why they were lapped a few times. Me and Tissimo only pitted once. the -15hp is a good call because he pulled away off the line and on the second straights.

Tissimo ran 1:19's. My best lap was a 1:20.6

Well adding 25 kilos to all the cars except the Audi R8 kinda seems like your trying to slow us down to the R8. I dont think the R8 is slow. The two guys in the R8 had a lot of crashes and damage and pitstops. thats why they were lapped a few times. Me and Tissimo only pitted once.

Tissimo ran 1:19's. My best lap was a 1:20.6

I'm not trying to slow it down to the R8....I added the weight to the Corvettes before that race, the 350Z needs to be slowed down as its just too fast anyway. The R8 is fast enough around Madrid, in testing I did get a 1:19 so its on pace but it does need some HP for the faster tracks.

I'm not trying to slow it down to the R8....I added the weight to the Corvettes before that race, the 350Z needs to be slowed down as its just too fast anyway. The R8 is fast enough around Madrid, in testing I did get a 1:19 so its on pace but it does need some HP for the faster tracks.

is this a joke. Mitch you told me that the weight for the corvette was 1275kg!! in the room before the race. so i was 50kilos overweight wtf?

in addition initally you said we had to run 1300kg.

Notice how it says 1250 and not 1275? Dont fret I'm just posting it up so its common knowledge to everyone....

Notice how it says 1250 and not 1275? Dont fret I'm just posting it up so its common knowledge to everyone....

yeah but regardless of that. I joined the GTPACO LMES(for the Circuit de Madrid Race on 5/18) room with a 1300kg Corvette. Then you sent a message in the chat that said the corvette only had to be 1275kg.

So leave it at 1275kg....

thats not the point. It was your mistake.... In addition wouldnt proper logic say that since i was running a 1275kg Corvette that would have been slower you would have gave more performance to the corvette. What determines the performance balancing. Your own testing(very subjective). Or our test preseason races.?

that also means i ran overweight during the practice at monza too. Well then i should be able to go even faster.

thats not the point. It was your mistake.... In addition wouldnt proper logic say that since i was running a 1275kg Corvette that would have been slower you would have gave more performance to the corvette. What determines the performance balancing. Your own testing(very subjective). Or our test preseason races.?

Trying to call me biased? At 1250kg the Corvette proved to be far too fast for the series, this was testing with myself and Flyin (my teammate) and a couple of others (tissimo, lilcat89, etc). Thats why before the race the Corvette got the extra weight.

I'm basing it on the performance of each race during preseason (apart from the coming Monza race since the drafting will negate much of the hp differences) and during the season it will be every 2 races. I'm not going to make huge adjustments to balance out the performance and theres only so much that can be done to balance everyone out.

If you were running 1275kg just like Flyin and myself then you weren't running overweight....

Trying to call me biased? At 1250kg the Corvette proved to be far too fast for the series, this was testing with myself and Flyin (my teammate) and a couple of others (tissimo, lilcat89, etc). Thats why before the race the Corvette got the extra weight.

I'm basing it on the performance of each race during preseason (apart from the coming Monza race since the drafting will negate much of the hp differences) and during the season it will be every 2 races. I'm not going to make huge adjustments to balance out the performance and theres only so much that can be done to balance everyone out.

If you were running 1275kg just like Flyin and myself then you weren't running overweight....

Im not calling you biased ( i am also running a corvette lol).

uuggggh. This is all a mistake. Now i get what your saying.

How about you remove the +25 and just write new minimum weight of 1275kg. I thought that the 25 kg had alreaddy been adding which gave a 1250kg min weight. That meant it was 1225 initially which is all wrong.

I totally misunderstood the way the bulletin was written

Just to make it dead clear:
Corvette Z06RM - 500hp/1275kg
Corvette ZR1RM - 500hp/1275kg
Audi R8 LMS - 490hp/1300kg
Nissan 350Z - 540hp/1275kg
Zonda LM - 500hp/1300kg
BMW M3 GTR - 500hp/1250kg
Those are the adjusted figures.

haha any word on the Lambo?

Also to take into account I didn't realize but @ Madrid my HP was around 493hp because of the oil change (didn't realize it actually raised HP, and by that much). I was still destroyed by several of the GT guys, and was putting down lap times a few seconds slower on average, even pushing hard into corners. Plus I think I'm the only car still at 475. Maybe at some point tomorrow if there's a room open we can test a little, see how it goes.

I'm okay with whatever you decide to be honest. I just wanna race with you guys. Either way it's only preseason right now so I'm sure everything will get ironed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back