Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be posting up some performance adjustments for GTE soon, good to see some cars finally get a hit out.

Disappointment for NRG Racing
picture.php
After a promising week leading up to the 3rd preseason race of the Le Mans Endurance Series, NRG Racing was set to play a major role in the mid week fixture. With both drivers finally onboard to run as a pair after a last minute call sidelined Flyin from the previous race at Monza it was to be all guns blazing from the Corvette crew but as it turned out, the change from silver back to the teams primary orange colours may have caused unforeseen problems.

Having organised a strategy to qualify last to avoid any potential carnage the NRGR crew were already on the back foot. "Yeah it didn't work out like we had hoped, we were gambling on a a bit of a mess to happen at the first corner and be able to tip toe our way thru but it was not to be, I'm sure the organisers will be happy but it didn't play out in our favour" said team owner and driver of the #55 machine, Mitch.

It seemed the beginning of the end for the team as in the 3rd lap the cars came together from the #55 car overshooting its braking point at the last chicane and coming into contact with an unaware #77. "I was in Flyins draft and moved over to make the pass but I overcooked it coming into the braking area and as much as I tried to avoid contact I don't think he saw me and turned in" said a rather depleted Mitch.

Having pit that same lap both cars emerged ready to resume the fight which now grew greater and greater as they had to claw back lost time on the track. On the same lap a basic error by the #55 car caused it to lose control along the straight before the last chicane and as the #77 car tried to make the pass the inevitable happened and both cars returned to the pits to repair the damage. Now nearly a lap down to the GTE leaders it was fight back time for the NRGR team.

"As I was sitting in the pits the second time I looked at my pit boss who was just shaking his head, that was really a polarizing moment in the race I couldn't believe that it was really happening. I'm so disappointed in myself for such a poor performance and I feel for the crew who put in so much time this week to perfect the cars and have everything ready and I just threw it all away so soon into the race, I'm terribly sorry."

As the season rolls on to the final preseason race at Le Mans next Wednesday the NRG Racing team looks to a change in fortunes to secure a final podium in the preseason and possibly have 2 cars on the podium. Only 8 other cars stand in their way and the competition is fierce, can NRGR claw back lost pride or will they again fall to uncharacteristic mistakes? Stay tuned!

Tatoune sorry man but I'm not interested in having to kick randoms, especially if its GTE qualifying and I'm trying to set a time. We can use your lounge next time if you think it might help?

I understand man. Since i'm the only one having issues, lets keep it that way.

As for connectivity issues (wireless), I find that boosting my signal is sometimes a matter of going into internet connection options and re-assigning the network (not simply "test connection" or "turn network on/off" but the whole spiel where you pick a network and then test connection. Then re-enter game and connection should be strong. Don't do any seasonals or online things besides joining the room and racing.

At least, that works for me.

BMW Team Project 54 at the Nurburgring

EifelCircuit_7.jpg

After working primarily hard in the week leading up to the penultimate race of the preseason, BMW Team Project 54 were very optimistic heading into the race with their M3 GTR. "Qualifying was good for us. We think that we could have gotten pole, but front row start was okay." The start for the car was okay. "We got a good start and really just hoping to stay with the Nissan for the first stint, but unfortunately I got dive-bombed and effectively threw out the win. We held fourth place for most of the race trying to recover from the unscheduled stop." The car was very fast and made catching the Ford GT of posiloan possible. "I caught the Ford GT at the end. We had like 2 laps left and I knew I could pass him if I had a run. The run down the main straight was phenomenal. He took the inside line and luckily he was still ahead before he lost the car. We avoided him and drove right through for class podium."

Team owner lilcat explains his point of view. "The car was great the entire run. We set the car up and balanced it to arc the car into the corners and get on the power early. The first corner was interesting, to say the least. Seth came from two rows back at the start and missed him diving under me and I turned in on him. We did pretty well to keep fourth before pitting to fix the damage. The rest of the race, we were fighting back to where we knew we belonged. I got my head down quickly after that and the car was set up perfect and laps just took care of themselves, really. Right before our last stop, the Zonda of IndyWolf came out after us and through the kumho and bit curves, he misjudged the gap and bumped me off the road. I was pretty mad, because that was for second in class and I was pitting that lap anyway. It did set us back more than I wanted, but it worked out. The car was really consistently fast and predictable. Overall, we were happy with the result. Contesting for the class win was the goal and we got absolutely close to that. We are looking forward really to Le Mans. The team will be working harder to get the set up right. The aero balance will be huge at La Sarthe." The race runs next Wednesday before the 24 Hours of Le Mans that Saturday.

Oh, forgot the preseasons are on wednesday, lol.. I will be here for the next, leaving town Thursday morning. Looking forward to doing battle at la Sarthe!

My car is a bit slow down the mulsanne. Im losing a second at each stretch. Barely getting to 180 mph. Working on the balance, which is getting really close. We will be there, dont you worry. ;)

lilcat89
My car is a bit slow down the mulsanne. Im losing a second at each stretch. Barely getting to 180 mph. Working on the balance, which is getting really close. We will be there, dont you worry. ;)
Straight line speed isn't a huge deal (if within a couple mph), as long as your braking and handling is good through the porsche curves you can pull competitive times.

With the 40hp reduction on the 350z, need to see what my top end will be down the muslanne as well. The extra downforce of the 350z puts me in the back of the pack I bet. I think we'll all be chasing the vettes down the straights, lol.

Straight line speed isn't a huge deal (if within a couple mph), as long as your braking and handling is good through the porsche curves you can pull competitive times.

With the 40hp reduction on the 350z, need to see what my top end will be down the muslanne as well. The extra downforce of the 350z puts me in the back of the pack I bet. I think we'll all be chasing the vettes down the straights, lol.

You joke but mitch was 4 seconds faster down the entire mulsanne. I don't know if he was cutting the chicanes or not, but it was unbelieveable to look at the splits.

lilcat89
You joke but mitch was 4 seconds faster down the entire mulsanne. I don't know if he was cutting the chicanes or not, but it was unbelieveable to look at the splits.

No joke, vettes have crazy top end. Good cod and small frontal area, they're unmatched in a drag down the muslanne straight imo.

That balance for the best compromise will be hard to find this week. But joy will get me through it. I love La Sarthe!

A 3:54 is faster than the 3:56's I was managing so top end speed isnt a factor for you tissimo......in a draft its not going to really matter.

Yeah the back end really hurts the ZR1. It wasn't as fast as I expected though, only pulling a 3:52 on my tests.

I've got more testing to do so will probably get a bit faster but this race will definately be a great one. Rome the week after will be interesting to say the least tho....haha

Im still no where close. Getting the line and speed through the porsche curves is really difficult. Getting better, but still a bit unpredictable. Its not quite where it was at the Nurburgring. There, I had it on rails. Got the setup perfect....and then tissimo shows up and annilates me. BAN THE 350Z!!!! or ban tissimo. Why arent you at GT Academy, really? Your obviously way too quick and consistent for us.

Only solution is to stick the 350Z with weight but I dont want to choke it down so much, be nice if I could tone down tissimos talent...lol

The car is pretty well set up now. Just curious though, what tires are you guys on? 5 seconds down at La Sarthe is a lot. Also mitch, will there be a possibility of rain?

I'll try my Zonda out, this time w/o so much d/f. Even though 26.8's were good @Nurburgring, I was way off the pace. I hate the steering sensitivity of the controller.

i dunno having sporadic weather adds interest but on another point once it rains we have to treat the tracks as if it rains the entire race length and I'm wishy-washy with rain but hey is down to Mitch on this one.

Just did a session with fixed rain and lets just say, if you have a wheel, you can control it. With the controller, I just cant get the car stable or even consistent behavior from corner to corner. Even looked at the apex book and couldnt get it to work. Only did it for 30 minutes, but enough of an impression.

Did you try racing softs? They seem to have grip no matter the weather.

I'm leaning towards having it off, no doubt we'll get 20 mins into the race and it'll rain for the next hour and a bit....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back