Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to let you know, we'll be doing 30 laps for a distance of 400km. Time to start the endurance racing!.

Mitch you think you could post up a spec for the Nissan GT-R LM Concept?

I thought the sony press conference was tonight? The race aint till wednesday. Anyway i'll be on later guys. Around 5p.m. eastern. Please search for me or add me.

TTC Ventures Out

Audi R10 Ahrweiler

In an uncharacteristic move, TTC has been in talks with Audi with the possibility of driving their previous generation R10 Diesel prototype car in the LMP category of LMES. A staunch purist when it comes to GT cars and their relationship to road-going vehicles intended to be available to the public, the move will surely surprise competitors, fans and critics alike. While the decision is not final, team owner and driver Mockingbird is expected to compete in this week's test at Le Mans using the P1 car. "Anyone who knows me and who knows Tower Turn Competizione will be surprised to see me venture away from the GT cars I've come to love and which we've leaned on pretty heavily tuning-wise to get them where we want them," he said. "Even I'm surprised at this, but after talking with Audi the deal they were offering was tremendous. It's hard to pass up. Being a newer driver, I'm going to have to make my decision after this test to see if I'm more comfortable in GT with the Diablo. Both these cars are terrifyingly quick on track, though admittedly the Lamborghini is way more tuned to my driving style currently. That's because the Audi has just arrived in our garage and testing is in the preliminary stages." The test race, followed by an ALMS race on the same track on Friday and the 24 hour race after that, is expected to be the determining factor in TTC's decision. There is a mild but unlikely chance the racing team will turn down Audi's offer before the test race, if tuning and tests go more poorly then expected. However, thus far, the team says, it's in the learning stages and steadily improving. "Of course rain will almost certainly be a factor during the race," Mockingbird said. "But we're trying to keep our testing dry for now to get used to the car. We're new to this vehicle and this class so for now we're staying off the track when it's wet. After we improve our times a bit we'll try things wet." The team, unlike most in the series, has been open about its lap times in various cars and series as it recognizes itself as a new team and realizes being competitive for them will mean being prepared for what they're up against early on. "We've never been tight-lipped about times, though if you're the polesitter there are obvious reasons to keep your mouth shut. For us, though, we don't mind admitting if we're behind. Our times currently are a bit sluggish, reaching into the 3:29 range at Le Mans. The Prototype competition is fierce and it's going to take everything we've got to compete. What we want the most is a clean race with clean passes and scheduled pit stops. Damage in the rain is a strong possibility for some of the field so we're more concerned with consistency than all-out speed and lap times. We'll begin our rain practice soon to ensure we can meet that goal."

Anyone down for some practice? I'm getting on now, I put 5 est, i meant pacific time. PSN is freshseth83 same as SN here. ADD me or find me.

👍

I would practice with you seth but it's just a bit of bad timing. I literally just got off a few minutes ago to study for my Spanish midterm.

Need to practice my 350z in the wet, its always seen dry pavement so unsure how itll react. More testing tonight.

Car handles well in the wet.. Though have to decide if I want to put on tc incase it rains.. Its managable with out.. Not sure if tc well slow the dry though. I was able to run a 4:34 in the wet with a few minor mistakes..

Car handles well in the wet.. Though have to decide if I want to put on tc incase it rains.. Its managable with out.. Not sure if tc well slow the dry though. I was able to run a 4:34 in the wet with a few minor mistakes..

Thats weird. I ran a 3:56 in the wet on rain tires with the track grip set to real...That cant be right. I was suspicious when i felt the amount of grip i had

Map the RA menu on the DS3 so you can change TC on the fly 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back