Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I had the full wets on. One thing though. Can we move the race up a day? I have to work until 1030pm wednesday. I have tuesday off and really dont want to miss this race. Love La Sarthe and it the 24 Hour week too.

Yeah, I'm happy to move it to Tuesday just gotta make sure everyone knows (expect a message in your inbox)

Thanks. once the season really starts, though. I close every other saturday, so....

I might miss if it's Tuesday. I work at 9pm, 11pm the latest. Can't afford to start a really long enduro and have to drop out only to miss out on $$$. But it's whatever the majority wants.

Thursday? lol or what about Monday? Cant put up a poll so just state your preference:

-Monday
-Tuesday
-Thursday

Just this race.

For the season I'm not sure but I dont want to move it from Sunday as right now it fits between the ALMS and GTPFIA GTWC races and alot of drivers from here race in those series.

My only days off are Wed, Fri, Sat. But it's only preseason so I can either switch days with someone or just miss the race. Would suck for testing purposes but there aren't any points so whatever, I can just do some testing at whatever odd times people are around.

I prefer Sats for season only because I already scheduled work around these series (sad I know but true :))

I got my M3 pretty well sorted now. Now I got to work on the ALMS setup for my LMP. I have my lounge up, if anyone wants to join me.

I got my M3 pretty well sorted now. Now I got to work on the ALMS setup for my LMP. I have my lounge up, if anyone wants to join me.

Oh noooo. Totally forgot you were in LMP for ALMS. I just decided to move up in class today. Gonna be driving the Audi :).

Oh noooo. Totally forgot you were in LMP for ALMS. I just decided to move up in class today. Gonna be driving the Audi :).

I totally forgot i was in ALMS too! Right now the BMW Team Project 54 guys are doing tire testing for Michelin at La Sarthe. Care to join.

Hey Mitch since the NASGT is over now, do you have any plans for some kind of sprint race tonight?

Saturday nights? The season starts after this week and will be on Saturdays, ~2 hour long races (400km).

We are racing on La Sarthe 2009 w/ Chicanes and weather and change time.

so 3:57's are the best I can muster without drafting in the Zonda. The power on the top end really lacks what the Z has. I expect to be left in the dust like usual with high top speed tracks. Even the Z06 is faster. With the Z I was able to put down a 3:54.xxx for a lap. I donno if that's any good, but it was way faster than the Zonda. Ah well, lemme know if there's any adjustments to the HP/weight this week or not. See ya guys at the races.

GTE Class June Technical Bulletin v3

BMS Corvette Z06RM - 500 - 1275 - None
NRGR Corvette ZR1RM - 500 - 1275 - None
JTA Audi R8 LMS - 490 - 1300 - None
TTR Nissan 350Z - 530 - 1275 - -30hp
TTOJ Zonda LM - 500 - 1275 - None
P54 BMW M3 GTR - 500 - 1250 - None
TTC Diablo GT-1 - 500 - 1250 - None
PMS Ford GT S2 - 450 - 1300 - None

Blaze Motorsports - BMS
NRG Racing - NRGR
Jepoks Team Audi - JTA
Tissimo Team Renault - TTR
They Took Our Jobs - TTOJ
Project 54 - P54
Tower Turn Competizione - TTC
Posimosh Motorsports - PMS

I'm inclined to stick the TTR Nissan with more weight but we shall see....

Based on the last performance and the logic being used the Corvettes should lose weight but seeing as I know it was a monumental f up between myself and Flyin they will stay as is.

I would like to enforce other tuning restrictions like downforce and ride height (would slow cars down thru the corners) but the only way I can do that is scrutineering before the race having everyone send me their car so I can check it against the spec but that may not be possible as people can always just be dodgy and change things after they send the car...I would like everyones opinion on this as I would like to use it as another balancing adjustment.

Last edited:
Le Mans or Bust
picture.php

NRG Racing has had many ups and downs throughout this preseason of the inaugural Le Mans Endurance Series and as yet have yet to record a podium position better than 2nd. Despite the current lack in form team owner and driver Mitch was upbeat about the round at Le Mans.

"We've had alot of success at Le Mans in the past and hopefully can continue that this week. We've had the team working overdrive to repair the damage the cars picked up at the race at Nurburgring and they're looking better than ever, we've been working on a new strategy for this race which should help us avoid unnecessary contact..."

Quizzed on what the new strategy might be he brushed it aside informing us of a new protocol the team have introduced that involves bank vault tight secrecy. "We dont want to give the competition any hints or ideas about what we're doing, we work hard on our strategies and whilst our previous plan did not come off this one should."

picture.php

Even timing was not made available and any attempts to get a hold of data was met with much difficulty, tight secrecy indeed.

"We're running about some minutes and seconds per lap, thats all I can say."

Endurance running was not on the cards during our track visit so knowledge of how many laps per stint was not able to be picked up on. As only the #55 car was on track team practices were impossible to know.

picture.php

All that can be gathered from the day watching the car go round was that it will be quick, very quick.

I'd really prefer no downforce/ride height restrictions because some of us use tunes from tuning garages and don't have the know-how to adjust if we have to raise up our cars and whatnot, while the greasemonkeys will find ways around the restrictions to make their cars fast through corners. Plus checking the cars each week would be tedious for everyone. Just my 2 pennies. It's your series though, man. Do what you think is best :)

Just an idea, I have no plans on doing it since a) will take far too much time to check each car and b) people might not be honest and c) you're right, might as well run a spec series which isnt fun....

Guys, the M3 is really good everywhere. I got the car HOOKED up. The speed around the back end is amazing. Carrying about the same speed as my LMP car. Looks like we might have something for tissimo again. Strategy will be huge in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back