Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whos getting 3:54 in the rain? Thats almist as fast as the vettes! Mitch, might have to think twice about not wanting to tun nos octane booster.:nervous:

Dude, that suspension and drivetrain tune will keep us well ahead of that. I wouldnt let it worry you too much.

You used to be call man, what happened?

I'm hoping for rain now I know tissimo is so slow, but no one will really know when or if it'll rain in the race :scared:

Just installed my turbo boost button like knight rider. Should be able to jump right over all the chicanes now.

Im teally revealing my age with the knight rider reference huh? :(

remove lead foot, apply fear. I've heard softening the suspension and toe out but I'm not the authority by any stretch of the imagination.

Has anyone tried the new suspension tuning? I think the only thing that changed is the number for top speed matches up. I don't think it necessarily makes the tranny better tuned. But I don't know.

Racing softs work in the rain, as long as you have them on beforehand. Trust me, there's not much difference. And to those running 3:54's it's just b/s IMO. There's no way I can go faster than 3:56 in the Zonda no matter how much d/f I take off.

Alright I wanted to wait a bit longer before I put this up but heres the confirmed/unconfirmed drivers list.

Confirmed
GTE 1) MitchZ06
GTE 2) FlyinHawaiian77
GTE 3) IndyWolf
LMP 4) TT13
GTE 5) Blaze_409
GTE 6) freshseth
LMP 7) marluxiaXl11
LMP 8) jml1010
LMP 9) sephy
GTE 10) tissimo

Unconfirmed
GTE 11) posimosh
LMP 12) tatoune
GTE 13) jepoks
LMP 14) MajikTom
LMP 15) Mike46an2

Known not racing.
GTE 16) Jav

Cmon guys, need to know....

Blaze_409
Thats weird. I ran a 3:56 in the wet on rain tires with the track grip set to real...That cant be right. I was suspicious when i felt the amount of grip i had

Maybe in a lmp, not a GT car, unless it was bugged. I only run 3:54s in the dry, lol.

Bored at work.......

It takes a lmp about an hour in a lmp to do 18-19 laps... With 30 laps I'm thinking 1:30 - 1:45 to complete. So with time progression at 14-16 we should have about a 24hr time cycle though the race... Better shine up the headlights.

You can't flash standard cars lights though, and that's a bit disappointing

Yeah, that's what we run in another 1hr endurance lmp series and its right at an hour (+- a minute), including pace lap.

3:54 in the wet is insanely fast no matter which way you slice it....

Yeah I can't get that dry in either of my gt cars. wth.

Whos getting 3:54 in the rain? Thats almist as fast as the vettes! Mitch, might have to think twice about not wanting to tun nos octane booster.:nervous:

Your vette is getting 3:54 in the rain? I hate you guys.

Maybe in a lmp, not a GT car, unless it was bugged. I only run 3:54s in the dry, lol.

Yeah thats just weird....

I want to put an end to all this plus Mitch_Z06 acting really weird today(calling BS). Im so confused. Mitch me and you raced each other in a practice session two days ago. I was on Racing Wet tires and You told me YOU were on Racing Medium Tires. I joined the room and it was RAINING. I even used cockpit view to see how good the wipers on the vette were.

I raced you and ran a 4:05 on the first lap and then ran a 3:56 on the second lap before the lag between our countries screwed u up in the turn(you know the one).

How are you denying this....:confused:

Yes i admit it was very strange. I also checked to see if the track grip condiions were set to Real(to decide if should use the rain tires or the dry tires).

Im not denying it was weird the amount of grip i had. I never said i CAN run 3:56's in the wet. I told you i DID run a 3:56 in the wet.(you witnessed it ).

Yes it was weird. Weird things happen in GT5.

Dont freak out people me and mitch_Z06 were in a room like 5 mins ago and it was raining and i put on wets and went out on track and immediately felt the LOW Grip this time.(I know what the real wet conditions in the game feel like and this was them. It happened. I did it while racing you...

When i ran the 3:56 it felt like i was running in the DRY but it was clearly raining.

Last edited:
Really? Acting weird? Sorry if it seemed that way but if I dont believe something and you cant prove it then I'll call it as BS. Sorry if it came off as me acting all nutso. I didnt see you run a 3:56 lap in the wet.....I didnt call you a liar, I did say I thought it was bs that you ran a 3:56 in the wet when I didnt see it and it looked like you were making excuses when I asked if you could run another lap time like that. Chill man, chill.

Scroll back to page 68 and you'll find the Zonda spec....

What's an average LMP time dry? 3:26 or so? I'm well above that in the R10 (about 3:29, 3:28 when I'm practically cutting chicanes, but I wonder what other people can get with it).

Also I have my GT Driving Force set to simulation steering, which includes 100 percent "countersteer" versus pro or amateur modes which claim to be more "stable." Does anyone think one or the other will produce better times? Anyone use this older PS2 wheel? The newer wheels I believe have more complicated option menus and lack this one.

53 percent done downloading update...

Tower Turn 13
What's an average LMP time dry? 3:26 or so? I'm well above that in the R10 (about 3:29, 3:28 when I'm practically cutting chicanes, but I wonder what other people can get with it).

Also I have my GT Driving Force set to simulation steering, which includes 100 percent "countersteer" versus pro or amateur modes which claim to be more "stable." Does anyone think one or the other will produce better times? Anyone use this older PS2 wheel? The newer wheels I believe have more complicated option menus and lack this one.

53 percent done downloading update...

Those lap times are good with the R10.. Its slower then the other Lmps. Not sure with the 700pp limit but at 680hp I run low to mid 3:20s. You might be able to pull a high teen with some of the cars. Iirc my 680hp GT-One its only like 688-689pp.

Blaze_409
Is 3:56 the fastest Gt2 lap?

My best is 3:54.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back