Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? 6 out of the 13 finished....

Look guys I've had fun with this so far but the stupid comments, whinging and the people giving me instructions (its my series not yours, yes I did set the grip to real, yes I have checked how many laps, yes I have started qualis, yes I, yes I, etc etc etc) are really just pushing me to the point where I'm over running this, hopefully we fare better in Rome....

Last edited:
yeah Mitch it was actually pretty funny after you dropped out people fell like flies, one by one. Almost everyone from GTE and then two from P1. "I'm tired, my foot hurts" etc. Kinda funny actually. I dunno I know it sucks being in last but it is rewarding to tough it out. I've been last most of ALMS season 1 (actually all of minus the last race). Not saying that's why people left but in P1 it wasn't those battling for first that dropped...

I actually had a number of good racing moments especially in the beginning with the BMW V12, Sephy, and then later with the matmut pug (jml?) where we would go back and forth for place. Ultimately I stayed in the pits so much I fell behind nearly two laps from Mike (he was on my tail at the end but I was still on the lap behind him).

Mitch, we're all behind you, don't worry! We can set up a penalty system to your liking, such as a place demotion or something. I personally like all the carnage from having damage on. Nearly missing that 908 that spun out in turn 1 of lap 1 was terrifying, but getting out with no damage felt so damn good.

As for the season, I'm excited to be racing with you, buddy! Everyone check out the Hairpin Challenge Series and get your car for the GT3/4 thing if you're interested in that. Please make it a success as it was Mitch's idea and I think it will be fun. Short races also. There's a car list on the page as well. Check it out in my signature. If you guys want to maybe we can do a short test race tonight at a random track. Next week we will begin at Rome with short little 10 or 15 lappers to accompany the main race. Not sure which day yet.

Last edited:
I just looked at it TT13. But why is the M3 not on that list?

Dunno, tho these races are not meant to be as serious as the main races. And they're short. Is the M3 normally in that class? Surely there's one car on that list you'd drive for 10 short laps? :)

Yeah, I backed out last night. I actually ran a clean race for once! The darkness and tiredness got the better of me, and I made a few trips to the gravel :lol:. Nevermind, I had fun till that point. How many times did GTE pit out of curiosity?

The M3 runs in GT4 and the Z4 runs in GT3. I dont think that the Z4 would be competitive though. It would probably take a lot to get the Z4 up to that. Are all the cars running aero?

The M3 runs in GT4 and the Z4 runs in GT3. I dont think that the Z4 would be competitive though. It would probably take a lot to get the Z4 up to that. Are all the cars running aero?

I think for those races yes, the cars can run whatever they want under those specs.

I will move this to you TTC thread.

Back on topic, Sounds like I missed a good race. Wish I didnt have to work. Looked like everyone was in LMP now.

Totally forgot the M3 lilcat, it should be eligible. Running full aero and unlimited tuning as long as it meets spec.

As for a penalty system, I am working on one. It'll involve losing grid positions (say you finished 3rd in class, you'll be demoted to 8th) aswell as starting at the back of the grid for the next race and that will include both classes. First lap crashes will be reviewed and scrutineered to determine who was at fault and what the suitable penalty will be.

Totally forgot the M3 lilcat, it should be eligible. Running full aero and unlimited tuning as long as it meets spec.

As for a penalty system, I am working on one. It'll involve losing grid positions (say you finished 3rd in class, you'll be demoted to 8th) aswell as starting at the back of the grid for the next race and that will include both classes. First lap crashes will be reviewed and scrutineered to determine who was at fault and what the suitable penalty will be.

I got one built mitch. Just remember for penalties that you penalize the cause and not the effect. Like if you get punted into the gravel and lose 30 seconds getting out, dont penalize for the gravel, penalize the punt.

Thats the idea, if you've punted someone you will be penalized, if you come off the track yourself and end up in the wall or gravel then there will be no penalty. Its the contact that causes crashes that will be penalized.

Thanks for letting me race with you guys , Mitch you run a great race series, its not a easy job, but thank you .

But also remember guys, some crashes are bound to happen in a 2 hour race. For instance if a car has spun out or hits grass it isn't fair to penalize if a wreck occurs. Wreckless driving is another thing. making dangerous passes or pulling back on track without checking if someone's coming (it's easy guys check the arrows on your map, it sucks but you have to wait like in real life).

Congrats to those who stuck it out, I ve never understood the quitting, everyone will have some trouble , 30 Laps was pretty brutal.

All races will be 400km (Rnd 9 at Le Mans will be 400km instead of 800km (4 hours...no thanks)) so theres plenty of time to work your way up the field. You dont win an endurance race on the first lap and guys, this isnt touring car racing....

OP has been updated with penalties.

Looks good. Just want to remind everyone to read mitch's start procedures through again for the pace lap. Yet again this past race we sat at the start line instead of simply going, though I know this time it was a bit confusing for various reasons.

That race was just unusual because of the online glitching....made things weird but thanks to it being a preseason race it doesnt matter.

Just an observation, but swerving on pace laps should be avoided imho... You dont really gain much from doing it. Tyres arent't really modelled down to that much detail in this game, and your more than likely to wear your tyres down before the race has even started.

Mitch as far as penalties might I make a suggestion?

I'd say a 30 second time penalty or something for people who move when the race starts. The rules clearly say
Once the race starts everyone holds on their brakes and does not move
yet every time someone starts going. It's the simplest thing you could ever do to just sit there yet some people have the hardest time with this and I don't know why but it drives me absolutely crazy. If you can't follow such a simple rule how can we expect you to follow the rules when racing?

/rant.

I left because I have a 10 month old kid that needs fed, changed, attended to etc. 400km is not on the cards for me seeing as how I don't have that luxury of free time when I have a greater priority. As for the incident, you can say it's my fault. I think it was lag, but my rear end just got loose from what felt like a tap from beside me or the rear. I donno, I already apologised to you Mitch, take it or leave it, not my decision. The reason I was on the outside or other lane is because of the jumpiness of the car ahead. So while trying to avoid a collision, it ends up happening anyway.

The races are pretty darn long. I think those of us that stayed were in our cars nearly as long as some of the 24hr drivers are IRL during a stint.

Would you guys be up for a practice short race for the GT support races tonight? Hop in car of choice, do maybe 3-4 laps around Sarthe and then free practice for those of us doing ALMS?

Mitch, other league admins,
Would you guys like me to capture the race? There is an in game review or replay capability but as there is no seek function, watching a race takes forever. Also, there is no good way communally watch and point out racing incidents besides photo mode but even this can be tedious. I am having trouble finding q video hosting site that will allow me to post a video or video file as big as a two hour race. If you would like me to capture the replay post back. I u have another idea let me know. It's a pain to capture from the ps3 but I will do it if there is enough interest in me doing so.

Posimosh, I think you're best bet is break it up into different parts on YouTube. Other sites could do it but they are really slow. If you find someone with a pre-2007 account I think they're allowed put up videos of unlimited length.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back