Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
guys, I'll be in my lounge testing not only for tomorrow's ALMS race but for the GT support series for LMES. I'll be driving an Aston Martin for that series. Please join me if you get the chance. I'd really like to get some practice time in to see how cars compare.

Mitch, other league admins,
Would you guys like me to capture the race? There is an in game review or replay capability but as there is no seek function, watching a race takes forever. Also, there is no good way communally watch and point out racing incidents besides photo mode but even this can be tedious. I am having trouble finding q video hosting site that will allow me to post a video or video file as big as a two hour race. If you would like me to capture the replay post back. I u have another idea let me know. It's a pain to capture from the ps3 but I will do it if there is enough interest in me doing so.

Posimosh. thankyou for being extremely willing and helpful.

In my opinion i dont think you should go through that hassle considering this was only a Preseason race.

When the real season race's happen then it would be worth it to take the time to capture.

Mitch as far as penalties might I make a suggestion?

I'd say a 30 second time penalty or something for people who move when the race starts. The rules clearly say yet every time someone starts going. It's the simplest thing you could ever do to just sit there yet some people have the hardest time with this and I don't know why but it drives me absolutely crazy. If you can't follow such a simple rule how can we expect you to follow the rules when racing?

/rant.

Yeah I've just realised that and you're right. A 30 second penalty for moving on the grid when you should be sitting still is a good idea, I'll add it to the penalties.

Posi, I'm thinking maybe instead of record the whole race maybe a 'highlights' reel of incidents would be handy for myself if I dont save the replay to go back and review any incidents during the race so I can adjudicate over it.

Alright time to make this official.

Freshseth is now on probation because of his attitude, he will be starting from the rear of the grid at Rome and if his attitude doesnt change and more wreckless moves are made on the first lap he will be copping a 5 place grid penalty.

Mitch, other league admins,
Would you guys like me to capture the race? There is an in game review or replay capability but as there is no seek function, watching a race takes forever. Also, there is no good way communally watch and point out racing incidents besides photo mode but even this can be tedious. I am having trouble finding q video hosting site that will allow me to post a video or video file as big as a two hour race. If you would like me to capture the replay post back. I u have another idea let me know. It's a pain to capture from the ps3 but I will do it if there is enough interest in me doing so.

I believe Vimeo will let you host long videos. I'm not completely sure though.

Not this year! BMW owns GTE this year. Even in Long Beach, we got the job done.

Besides, other than be in the way, what has extreme speed's 2 cars done so far?

Last edited:
I rember when this thread used to be filled with laughter just a couple pages back. :(

I'd like to offer my point of view. Mitch and I have been testing on this track like crazy. Way before this series even came to exist. So we were feeling pretty confident comming into this race.

So when you look at all that went down before the race, the lobby issues, lag, pole system not working, then all that contact in the first lap, everything just went down the drain for NRGR. Hopefully these are just pre season woes and we will get through them.

Most of us race with each other in different series here on GTP. So most of us have respect for each other when it comes to race time. Its all the noobs I hate :lol: jk jk. Looking forward to getting on the track again at Rome. I have to remember that its a tight course and more likely than not, something will happen on the track. OOOOOOOOSSSSSAAAAAAAAA.

Not this year! BMW owns GTE this year. Even in Long Beach, we got the job done.

Besides, other than be in the way, what has extreme speed's 2 cars done so far?

Ya, spin out at the fountain, how'd that go! :dopey:

Corvette will pull it out of the bag this year, they were unlucky to lose last year...

The laughter should return but its the frustration of testing so much on one track just to have a stupid move (sorry, lag...) put me out of the race and so far behind is just too much to keep quiet sometimes. And crashing out the series host isnt a good idea because you cant get away with that....(even if you dont care who I am).

Project 54 and BMW Motorsport Unveils M3 for New LMES Support Series

NrburgringGP_F_4-1.jpg

BMW Motorsport and Project 54 unveiled their challenger for the new GT3/4 series to support the LMES this season. This E92 M3 Coupe has been prepared in the colors of Turner Motorsport, who run and develop parts for BMWs over the last 20 years. A special Dakar Yellow exterior with Blue accents.

NrburgringGP_F_15.jpg

Unveiled at no other place then the Nurburgring. They also had their M3 GTR that runs in the GT class of the LMES to run with the new M3. Team owner lilcat was on hand to show off and answer some questions.

NrburgringGP_F_12-1.jpg

"The new car is fantastic. The first shakedown run is showing some promise. BMW has given us a chassis to develop and prepare, together with Turner Motorsport, parts to make its M3 the best sports car you can buy and race. I have always been a fan of Will Turner and his group in Massachusetts. It is truly an honor to work alongside Turner to maximize the potential of our M3."

NrburgringGP_F_14.jpg

NrburgringGP_F_13-1.jpg

NrburgringGP_F_11-1.jpg

NrburgringGP_F_10-1.jpg

NrburgringGP_F_9-1.jpg

NrburgringGP_F_8-1.jpg

NrburgringGP_F_6-1.jpg

NrburgringGP_F_5-1.jpg

NrburgringGP_F_7-1.jpg

What about the LMES! :P

Funny that a couple of big heavy sedans are beating proper sportscars, has the world gone mad! :grumpy:

Ya, spin out at the fountain, how'd that go! :dopey:

Corvette will pull it out of the bag this year, they were unlucky to lose last year...

The laughter should return but its the frustration of testing so much on one track just to have a stupid move (sorry, lag...) put me out of the race and so far behind is just too much to keep quiet sometimes. And crashing out the series host isnt a good idea because you cant get away with that....(even if you dont care who I am).

Lol. Agree on the BMW domination. They have found something this year. They have been scary good after some big snadbagging at the test day. A 3:57.5????????? That is the GT1 class territory. Wasnt pole in Gt1 last year a 3:56. Those BMW's aren't here to mess around :scared:

And spun out by a Corvette at the fountain as a matter of fact lol

Lol. Agree on the BMW domination. They have found something this year. They have been scary good after some big snadbagging at the test day. A 3:57.5????????? That is the GT1 class territory. Wasnt pole in Gt1 last year a 3:56. Those BMW's aren't here to mess around :scared:

And spun out by a Corvette at the fountain as a matter of fact lol

BMW never messes around when they go racing. The E46 GTR won the ALMS class title in its first year. Everything BMW did and does...wins. Simple as that.

BMW never messes around when they go racing. The E46 GTR won the ALMS class title in its first year. Everything BMW did and does...wins. Simple as that.

Same with what Corvette does, remember what caused the end of the GT1 class? :dopey:

Same with what Corvette does, remember what caused the end of the GT1 class? :dopey:

and now they both practically kill each other. I do hope that Tommy Milner's car does well, not win, but well.

Or around the Fountain Turn :P

I'm hoping BMW and Corvette repeat the battles Corvette had with Aston in GT1, will make the race very very good to watch.

Only problem is that the diesels will get most of the coverage on TV with GTE only brought up when nothing else is happening.

Or around the Fountain Turn :P

I'm hoping BMW and Corvette repeat the battles Corvette had with Aston in GT1, will make the race very very good to watch.

you are forgetting those very fine Italian machines. those 458's haven't been slouching either.

The teams i am worried about though are the 911's/ they have been off the pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back