Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only problem is that the diesels will get most of the coverage on TV with GTE only brought up when nothing else is happening.

I'm pretty confiedent the the GTE field is going to get it share of coverage. they fight even harder than P1 cars. I think we'll be seeing ALOT of SPlit Screen on the speed coverage.

The 458s arent to the level yet. Maybe next year. and the 911s are over, its time for Weissach to build a Cayman.

Er, you forget that Luxury Racing's Melo & Vilander came from LAST in Long Beach to THIRD after an accident in qualifying causing them to not even get a single lap time in.

Not hard to go from first to first.

Mitch you can kiss my 'you know what'- I don't give a damn about starting at the rear of the field. Don't tell me how to drive or when or where to overtake dude. You're not my father and you're not the racing guru, ok? Not only do you have no right to tell me or anyone else what they can or can't do on the track, you disregard anything someone tries to tell you. I think you're so high up on your 'horse' that you're missing things being told and suggested to you. I said I moved off the racing line because of lagging players in front of me. There was no reason for me to spin out unless someone got into me. That's the reason I hit you. If you can't accept that, you got problems. Don't call me out because I'll blast you back. I'll start at the back of every damn race, I really don't care. Your series isn't the only one on GTP either, so kicking me out isn't going to hurt my feelings. Get over yourself, I told you I was sorry and that it was my fault, but it was a racing incident. Maybe you should listen to what people are telling you instead of acting like you're some boss or something. Grow up, guy- seriously.

Blaze_409
Posimosh. thankyou for being extremely willing and helpful.

In my opinion i dont think you should go through that hassle considering this was only a Preseason race.

When the real season race's happen then it would be worth it to take the time to capture.
No problem... I'm gonna be capping the practice round tonight as I just switched my eye tv DVR over to ps3 mode. I would have done it last night but I had misplaced the connection cable that highly specialized(I couldn't simply buy another). I finally found it as my lovely girlfriend had "organized" it for me. I figure the last practice race is a good time to iron out the kinks.
I am still urgently looking a video hosting site, or a place where I can stash a zip file for everyone who wants it. If anyone has any ideas let me know. YouTube won't work btw as it is only fifteen minute segments of original video. I am on my last dmca warning through comcast so I don't want to take any chances with video sharing sites that are known to take down ps3 captures. Anyway, if anyone has any ideas post back. I was thinking I could rar the video file and post it to hotfile or rapidshare or something. If u guys are comfortable with that, that's what I'll do.

Mitch you can kiss my 'you know what'
Sorry bud I dont swing that way...

I don't give a damn about starting at the rear of the field. Don't tell me how to drive or when or where to overtake dude. You're not my father and you're not the racing guru, ok?
Ofcourse I'm not your father and no I'm not the racing guru but my friend I would no doubt have more real world racing experience than you would have in virtual racing experience. I'm not telling you how to drive or where to overtake 'dude', I'm trying to get the point home that driving like an ass and causing a crash from stupid overtaking moves on the first lap of a 400km race isnt smart and its just reckless driving. Got it?

Not only do you have no right to tell me or anyone else what they can or can't do on the track, you disregard anything someone tries to tell you.
Ah yeah no, you keep hitting me with the lag excuse, cry wolf much? I'm more concerned about the end result of being shunted into a wall than you going off the line because of lag.

I think you're so high up on your 'horse' that you're missing things being told and suggested to you. I said I moved off the racing line because of lagging players in front of me. There was no reason for me to spin out unless someone got into me. That's the reason I hit you. If you can't accept that, you got problems.
I havent got problems with you changing your line because of lag, thats not the issue. The issue is you hit me and thats all there is to it.

I'm not missing things being told or suggested to me and I'm listening to everything (hence discussions with other players over other things). Sorry to sound like an ass over that but really, slow the hell down and drive more carefully (disregard that because I cant tell you how to drive).

Don't call me out because I'll blast you back.
Blast me, go on, you know you want to.

I'll start at the back of every damn race, I really don't care.
I'm not unrealistic so as such the penalty stands as is and from Round 2 onwards it'll be back to normal unless you cause more problems (I'm not targeting you but you will be watched).

Your series isn't the only one on GTP either, so kicking me out isn't going to hurt my feelings. Get over yourself, I told you I was sorry and that it was my fault, but it was a racing incident. Maybe you should listen to what people are telling you instead of acting like you're some boss or something. Grow up, guy- seriously.
State the obvious!

I am over myself, what you dont get is it wasnt a racing incident because racing incidents dont end up with someone placed further back in the field taking out the leading car (but I'm not telling you how to drive am I?),

I kinda am the boss because this is MY series. If you dont like it you're free to leave, its up to you.

Lastly, you've got 2 options here, change your attitude (what I do is godly and no-one suggest to me that I should be more careful because my driving is awesome) or leave. Your choice.

Posi, try vimeo.

I shall try vimeo and dailymotion. I'm pretty sure there are time limits but I'll just split up the video. As for a "highlights" version of the race, to make a decent one that jumps around and is set to music with transitions between cuts and effects and stuff, it is extremely time consuming. Perhaps I will do one in my spare time... If I ever get any. I was thinking of a stewards inquiry followed by a review of the "tape" as it were. This would involve players lodging inquiries and review of the posted replay by a couple people in the other division... Lmp's would review gt s and vice versa. Inquiries would need to include the lap and area in which the incident takes place so that I can direct the replay to look at the space where the incident takes place otherwise it may be missed in the normal replay mode. We need to set up an inquiry procedure in the next couple days to avoid confusion and make sure everyone is happy.

I would like some footage of the first lap incident if you could email me that?

I'm going to change the qualification routine too. GTE will qualify first with LMP guys watching, once the session has finished the field will be written down and the LMP will have their turn whilst GTE watches (not sitting on the track). That grid order will be written down and once the race starts we will organise into the order. It'll avoid any possible chance of a repeat of Wednesday night....

I would love to see the last lap battle between tissmo and blaze, I was paying more attention to that in the last lap than my own driving !

You arguing semantics now, Mitch? You're 'racing experience' means nothing to me. I never had an attitude problem, YOU DON'T LISTEN! How many times does one have to repeat themselves for you to get it? Instead of listening to what I said you want to repeat the crappy 'first lap video' 'bad driving' junk you've been spewing for the past few days. Get over it. I told you it was a mistake but I only moved left to get myself away from players that were lagging. You're whole comment is a waste of your time. You can't even take a figure of speech without trying to turn into a homo joke. I don't need to change my attitude, nor my driving. I EXPLAINED myself away plenty of times. Like I said before, if you can't even listen to how the situation played out why race with you? I'm not the only one who had an incident. You're focusing on trying to paint me in a bad light without even hearing my take. Why? You're not the final say, but you're acting that way. Weve been over this before, theres no way i was suppose to spin in that place. I'm at a loss as to why or how. Sorry I didn't wait longer, next time (if there's a next time) I'll make sure whoever goes in front of me.

Last edited:
You keep harping on about what happened before you hit me, but I'm trying to get it across that I'm not fussed with that. You're saying I'm not listening but if you actually read what I've said you'd understand what I'm getting at.....

I've said all I need to say, move on and get over it because all its doing is putting a negative spin on this thread having you go on and on about this....be more careful next time and I'll have nothing to say, got it?

Ok so its encoding right now... I just checked and it says that the video is missing when you click on the link above. After a quick googling, if a video is uploading, It will incorrectly say that the video is missing until it finishes uploading. According to the in-browser uploader, It says that the video has about 40 minutes left at the time of this post. So long story short, it should be up at around 6pm pst 9pm est. enjoy!

Just a quick plea to everyone in both series, I don't want to get in the middle of anything and I'm sure everyone has their reasons for being upset/feeling the way they do about race incidents, but in both threads there seem to be tit-for-tat arguments about these things. I think in the event of a "hit" or "corner cutting" or aggressive driving, whatever, we should a.) not take it personal, it is a game after all, and b.) use a 3rd party objective viewer to decide in an infraction occurred. obviously it would be Mitch or Gogatrs 90 percent of the time, but if it involves them I or someone else who saves the videos can explain what they saw and take pics if need be. Then, once the infraction incurs a penalty or is ruled not to be an infraction, we should just forget about it because there is plenty of racing in this endurance series and ALMS and the support races. The main concern everyone should have is trying to avoid accidents. I brake way earlier for instance if there's a pack ahead, forseeing there could be some off-track, spinning, bumping, or lag. Aside from that, we should realize accidents can and do occur in racing, regardless of professional or video game driving. Everyone is pushing full pace most of the time and many of us have never stepped foot on an actual circuit before. In qualifying last night Mr. Le Mans put his very expensive R18 into a tire barrier. At Sebring the R15 and Pug hit from skidding over bumps in a corner. Joey Hand's car had a wreck in qualifying as well. And they're professionals.

Just saying, not singling out Mitch and Seth at all as I've seen it a lot between the two series. Emotions run high, we race car drivers are quick-minded and quick-emotioned :)

Anyway, just sayin...

picture.php

Thanks to posimosh for getting the vid of this. I've reviewed it and have this to say.

Freshseth, sorry mate but I dont see where you spun out, I watched from Mulsanne to Indianapolis and you did go off track trying to pass someone and thats wreckless driving. Coming into Indianapolis as you can see in that picture you have come out from behind Blaze (why not just slow down and pass on one of the straights...other than Mulsanne theres 3 other 'straights') and have dived up under me turning into the corner. Watching thru that you hit me in the rear left corner sending me off track and into the wall (there was alot of force behind it, I'm not your brakes...) yeah you were damaged too but it doesn't look as bad as what happened to me and you didn't wait for me to get back on track (in violation of one of the OLR rules).

Basically what I've been saying the whole time is the truth, you made a jackass move and I payed for it. The penalty will stand for race one, if you cause more incidents (especially on the first lap) you'll continue to be stung. Drive more carefully.

I rember when this thread used to be filled with laughter just a couple pages back. :(

+1

I hope you guys will stop arguing cause this thread had an awful week. No ones needs to be rude at all and i think if someone gets too emotional, use the PM cause some bad things were said this week. Respect is the only thing that matter for me.

Mistakes happens, period.

Tat, its not a mistake driving the way freshseth did that lead to that incident.

Moving on, is everyone good for the race next weekend?

That's funny, I spun on my screen, if I had a camera, I'd take a picture- but unfortunately the race already passed and I didn't capture it! There was nothing I did wrong. I spun and hit you accidentally Mitch. I've been saying this, while you feel I was driving erratically, I don't believe so. So I'll continue to drive the way I do and hopefully lag will be a non factor and I won't have a spin from a tap, or under braking! It's weird the way I hit you shouldn't have been even a hit. What I was doing was trying to get out of the way of the car in front, like I said.

Last edited:
Guys this is what race review is for did no one notice what I said upstream about third party observers? Multiple people always save the videos. And it is Mitch's series but I think it shouldn't be him only deciding on an incident he's involved in, just my opinion though not my call.

This argument is silly, I like racing with both of you and for season we can have penalties to replace these multi-page arguments. I'm not trying to be pissy but it's all a bit of wasted emotion when there is so much racing ahead of us.

Especially when both of you have a point of view that isn't changing. Yes, Seth could have taken it easier into the corner instead of going inside and losing control. Yes, it was likely not intentional and unexpected on Seth's part, he probably felt he had control.

The only FOR SURE part I see on either side, not arguable, is that Seth took the place when it wasn't his to take (after wreck). Otherwise I don't think you guys are going to come to a conclusive mind-changing decision.

You're completely right TT13 and I appreciate your opinion but I'm sick of the crap driving we've seen resulting in crashes from first lap and first corner stupidity. The only reason this has gone so long is freshseth has taken it personally and instead of taking it as constructive criticism has decided to try and fight it out for what is really no reason.

I will be cracking down on the lack of discipline and just poor driving, we run heavy damage and you cannot win a 400km race on the first lap! I know I say it over and over and over but its true and some people just dont get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back