Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

About the ecosystem - I hope we will get a formula/gt style wheel, handbrake, and shifter. I honestly don't need more. And please fix FFB with PD. Those things are what is holding back G Pro from being a great recommendation to purchase atm imo.
I suspect a Formula / GT style wheel is probably at best what will happen (if anything makes it to release), it's a shame as personally I'd really like just a round wheel, which is obviously so similar to what we already have I can't ever see it happening.

But yeah, a nice clean wheel (like the G25 perhaps, couple of buttons is fine) and a button box would be great, but obviously the PC is there to cater to those sorts of things really, fully understand Logitech have to focus on producing what they think will sell enough to justify development.

I have a suspicion I'd operate in the 5-7nm range. I think fighting a wheel would slow me down. Won't know until I try.
I would love to have the full 11nm from this wheel. Would also love something that has 20nm. It might make me go slower but would be a pretty decent workout

I run my wheel at 11nm and I can feel the lack of strength in GT7 compared to say forza motorsport, however I find both feel good to drive with the proper settings. The biggest difference is when I make a mistake and hit the wall, the shock through the wheel is when the ffb really becomes "too much" in forza which feels right to me, while in GT7 it never really gets intense even in a big shunt.

I just tried out F1 2023 for the PS5. That game has the full 11nm torque and the trueforce feels amazing! It's not really my kinda game but it's worth checking out so you can feel what this wheel SHOULD feel like in GT7

I'm trying to decide between the G Pro and the GT DD Extreme. Already have the CSL Elite pedals with LC that I use with a T300 for GT7. Have previously owned and used Logitech Dual Force Pro, and the G27. Really liking the new G Pro wheel.

My dilemma is that I want to get into 1 eco system, but fear the Logi LC brake will disappoint. I prefer a fairly stiff brake with short travel. I may just get the wheel and use it with my current CSL Elite LC pedals. But I really want to avoid mixing and matching Logi with Fanatec, even though I hear it works well with GT7.

Any advice? I know...first world problems.
I own both, I use the Clubsport V3 pedals with my DD Extreme.

At this moment in time I can safely say that the G Pro wheel is head and shoulders above the DD Extreme in terms of FFB quality, but I am putting this down to the lack of fullforce support & the fact that the DD Extreme is very new & will require a few driver & firmware updates to get it spot on.
In terms of FFB strength, the DD Extreme is a clear winner, but the situations where you're going to use all 15nm, all of the time are going to be rare. Most of the time, around 8 or 9nm is plenty, so imo the G Pro is still the better wheel for the time being.
Pedal wise the G Pro pedals are just as good as the CS V3 pedals in terms of quality & feel, however, I prefer the way the V3 pedals are put together & the pedals base is a lot better looking than the G Pro, but I do think the G Pro has the better looking pedal plates and I am going to modify my V3 pedal extensions, so that I can fit the G Pro pedal plates to them.

The only real advantage the DD Extreme has over the G Pro at the moment is the eco system, I have a clubsport rim with the v2 xbox hub, so I can play on ps5 or xbox with my DD Extreme base - the xbox wheel even works with the PS5, so I can play GT7 or Forza without even having to change the rim. That is where the G Pro is let down, the lack of any eco system.
I'm sure there will be additional rims planned but until then the Fanatec wins, and I think that by the time there is any proper ecosystem for the G Pro, the DD Extreme will have fullforce support & all the bugs will have been ironed out, and at that point I doubt there will be very little to choose between them other than the price & the extra strength of the Fanatec.

You pays your money & takes your choice!

Itˋs ridiculous how Logitech has not been able to do anything about PD limiting the FFB in GT7. And now when Fanatec got 15Nm, it has become a humiliation against the Logitech brand. Isnˋt Logitech a much bigger company than both Fanatec and PD? Get Your ****ing lawyers NOW to PD headquarter. @LOGI_Rich

And guys. Please don´t spread any rumours of hitting 11Nm in PRO-mode with working Trueforce. Sometimes the game or wheel switches by itself to G29-mode. You just have to restart the wheel.

And if Logitech would succeed with PD to get full 11Nm of FFB, I am pretty sure PD says that it isnˋt possible together with Trueforce. This is a sick manipulation of the markets. Like everything else in the world nowadays. I curse the day the communists invented woke.

Letˋs see if GTPlanet allows free speech, or am I getting banned. 😉

Last edited:
You make a good point 'though mate.

PD's nerfing of the max-torque level was undoubtedly a virtue signal - your kids will be safe with GT7.

Of course, the Fanatec situation blows that out of the water now, so logically I see no other option for PD than to either limit Fanatec wheels the same way or to remove the cap on the G Pro.

You make a good point 'though mate.

PD's nerfing of the max-torque level was undoubtedly a virtue signal - your kids will be safe with GT7.

Of course, the Fanatec situation blows that out of the water now, so logically I see no other option for PD than to either limit Fanatec wheels the same way or to remove the cap on the G Pro.
I´m just getting so sick and tired with this issue. I drive mostly legendary cars with Comfort Soft tyres - using the clutch and the old Logi-shifter. Even when only using my left arm to steer, itˋs just too weak for me. Otherwise the wheel is fantastic, and the pedals are amazing. I haven´t used ABS (or any other woke-aid) for almost a year now. This is the for now I think the only pedals on the market for PS5 where it is possible, and even recommendable to skip the woke-abs that has nothing to do with racing cars. The quality is top, and setup options are great for both wheel and pedals. For the brakes Iˋm using the longest possibly movement, and 80-90 kg of force. For the wheel of course Max 11Nm, Max Trueforce. 0 dampers with comfort tyres, and 35 with racing-tyres. I have also bass-shakers in all corners, and under the seat, You just feel it when the tyres start to lock. If We only could get the 11Nm of FFB that was promised, and I would recall We had for a while last spring before PD changed the FFB to match Fanatecˋs GT7-wheel. Does it not sound like a crime to You guys?

EDIT: And of course im driving in virtual reality, with a few Apple-Wunderbaums hanging from the shifter.

EDIT2: A small bass-shaker to simulate tyre locking/abs, like Fanatecˋs Clubsport pedals would be great update in a future version of the pedals. For now Im thinking of buying a small shaker when I got 1 channel still useless in one amp.

Last edited:
I'm afraid not. We don't own a copy and the current method of getting hold of it... well let's just say that there's no way our system admins would allow torrents, which is the only method for getting it on RSF.

Recommendations from various people seem to suggest running wheels at max torque, applying a decent amount of dampener in wheel settings (some say 100%!!) and reducing the FFB Filter to minimum. For in-game... well everyone seems to disagree on that and without being able to try it I can't give you any guidance, I'm afraid.
an update on this: this was very helpful! i think i came down at 70% dampener being the sweet spot

i do have one other question on this though: RBR requires the wheel to be in g923 compatibility mode, and i was wondering if that restricts the wheel to 900 degrees of rotation, or whether the max is still 1080

I would love to have the full 11nm from this wheel. Would also love something that has 20nm. It might make me go slower but would be a pretty decent workout

I don't need the workout lol. I'll keep to low NM...
IMG_20240315_004521.jpg

@LOGI_Rich do you maybe work something with Polypohony about opening back the full force of 11nm of torque in GT7? It would be very easy to just implement something like a lock key inside a GT7 with pasword protected if the problem are kids..And now that Fanatec is producing full force of 15nm torque thats absolutely not fair to us who bought logitech G pro wheel with 11nm.

As I mentioned a couple of pages ago, Polyphony are aware of this thread and we are speaking to them. Be careful with assuming that the DD+ is definitely getting the full 15Nm though - from what we understand of the way things work in GT7, possibly the only way that they could have addressed the oscillation issue is to reduce the max torque.

L
As I mentioned a couple of pages ago, Polyphony are aware of this thread and we are speaking to them. Be careful with assuming that the DD+ is definitely getting the full 15Nm though - from what we understand of the way things work in GT7, possibly the only way that they could have addressed the oscillation issue is to reduce the max torque.
People with G Pros are gonna wonder if or why the Fanatec wheels don't have the oscillation issue. Just a thought.

Thanks for your efforts, Rich.

Well they did have oscillation until the latest GT7 patch sorted it, apparently 😄

(I haven't had time to go back and confirm though).
I'm reading into that (and I may be on the wrong track) the GT7 patch was a Polyphony Digital fix. Umm ... I suppose they must be working on the G Pro patch then. As if.

Last edited:
It's a great wheel! I have 0 regrets about getting mine.

I'll be using it via the drivehub as well, at least initially to see how it works with my csl elite pedals . The pedals do need to ne replaced this summer as the accelerators potentiometer is spiking just a touch.

Last edited:
Ever driven a real race car with manual gears without any ABS or TC, kid?
Yes, I have actually, 'kid!'.
This is a 2010 Ginetta G50 race car that myself & my neighbour bought & imported from the UAE a few years ago, to use as a trackday toy.

FB_IMG_1427264107660.jpgFB_IMG_1551537913472.jpg

It was raced in the 2010/11 UAE GT Championship by Khaled Al Mudhaf.

This is one of my neighbours other toys, a Caterham Seven 420r, 210bhp, 560kg (1235lbs) no abs or tc & an absolute blast to drive.

IMAG3899.jpg
IMAG3900.jpg
IMAG3902.jpg
IMAG3898.jpg

Well they did have oscillation until the latest GT7 patch sorted it, apparently 😄

(I haven't had time to go back and confirm though).

Then i really hope the next patch is gonna be about Logitech g Pro wheel and opening full force of 11nm torque.

And thank you for your time and efforts @LOGI_Rich !

Latest Posts

Back