Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

You might need to switch it to G923 compatibility mode - itā€™s been a while since I tried it and different platform versions of Dirt 5 operated differently in this regard.

On PlayStation, F1 23 isn't outputting the correct level of torque. This has been fed back to EA.
Hi @LOGI_Rich, thanks! Is there any way to feed back this information (or raise its priority) to EA again?

I'm asking, because in the EA thread with active/resolved issues link, this one (specifically on PS) doesn't seem to be covered at all (unless it's hidden under "Other various Force Feedback issues across multiple platforms"), so I'm not completely sure that they fully acknowledged it. On the other hand multiple people on that forum raised the issue post patch again and there doesn't seem to be any reaction from EA's side so far. So I was wondering whether your feedback can be more effective šŸ˜…

Believe me, they're aware of the feedback on the forum and this specific point will be covered under that "various FFB issues" mention.
@LOGI_Rich Totally agree. This aspect will be corrected as it has happened with the other platforms. PlayStation is not going to be the only platform where they don't fix the FFB bug. It's not logical.

I spend 2 days with my new pedals. Just passing by to say they are amazing. It's a night/day difference and they are very comfortable.

If I knew how good they are, most probably I would have ordered them in a bundle not later.āœŒļø

Attachments

• IMG_20230711_203811.jpg
    IMG_20230711_203811.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Edit: nevermind, some photoshopped post featuring the wheel with Forza Motorsport branding from an existing stock image.

Anyway, while I can only edit rather than delete posts, is anyone else having crashing issues with the latest 1.9 ACC update on Series X?

I've been advised to turn off TrueForce which seems to have stopped it, although it was pretty rare, after 15 mins of play in single player modes, mostly with AI races.

Last edited:
Edit: nevermind, some photoshopped post featuring the wheel with Forza Motorsport branding from an existing stock image.

Anyway, while I can only edit rather than delete posts, is anyone else having crashing issues with the latest 1.9 ACC update on Series X?

I've been advised to turn off TrueForce which seems to have stopped it, although it was pretty rare, after 15 mins of play in single player modes, mostly with AI races.

You have crashes when game starts?

I have an offer for Logitech Pro Racing Pedals from a local online store in my country for used items. I don't know the reason why the seller sells them but the box looks unopened, and seller told me they are not used.

My question is if I buy them, am I eligible to claim warranty to Logitech as a second owner, if something brakes with the pedals without contacting the first owner of the pedals, during the time?

Do I need to require from the first owner some info about purchase or any other info?

Thanks!

Hi

You should check warranty policy in your country. Sellers and manuafacturers always trues to go where it is easiest for them. I live in Finland and eu has law that all electronics has 2 year warranty, also when you post order something warranty will start from date that you actually have received your product not order date like logitech said to me.

Also in Finland at least warranty will transfer normally from customer to customer if reselled.

You have crashes when game starts?
It's usually after playing over 15 minutes of a Quick Race in Single Player mode, although today testing the TrueForce it happened once after 5 minutes. It had worked fine on a 20 minute race before that. Two 20 minute races with TrueForce off before that were also fine.

I'll keep trying more with it off, and see if I can get another crash, or whether it's definitely TF related.

Unfortunately, the replacement G Pro Racing
Unfortunately, my Logitech G Pro wheel has developed a fault and I suspect it is an RMA - let me know your thoughts please from the video below.

There is a noise when turning the wheel left or right and I can also feel the "grinding" through the steering wheel when driving.

I have uploaded the video to youtube here:

Unfortunately, the replacement G Pro Racing wheel that Logitech sent me has a fault - sounds like something is loose on the inside of the base unit and scrapes the inside quite loudly when in use. I have contacted Logi support and emailed them videos of the issue - they have accepted the unit is faulty and said they will have the unit back for a full refund. NOW - this is where the fun / frustration seems to begin with their support. 5 days in and I am still waiting for my Return label (they said I would have it within 24/48hrs) so not true at this point. All emails I have sent to them over the past few days have been completely ignored - not received any response or reply.

I have spent over Ā£1000 (pro wheel and pro pedals) to Logitech - I have had two faulty wheels and have not been able to relax and enjoy my driving sims - and now seemingly I need to fight to get my return sorted and for them to process my refund!

I have major concerns as to the Logitech customer service - at this point I am very disappointed with their support / communication - watch this space for more updates!

Last edited:
Are the settings on this page still the best settings for GT7 and the Logitech wheel?

I'm a little bit annoyed from constantly switch the usb cable of the wheel from my PC to PS5 and visa versa. My question is:

Is anybody here using something like this? Will it works seamlessly for my wheel or I may experience problems with a device like this?

Thanks!

Attachments

• -64245110345342340.jpg
    -64245110345342340.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 10
@whannel another random thing to try if youā€™re in single player modes - take the console offline, leave Trueforce on and see if it still happens then.
I'd thought this was maybe the solution I wanted as I'd managed about 4 races at 20 mins each yesterday but it crashed trying one more today. I'll keep trying with TF turned to zero in game.

Unfortunately, the replacement G Pro Racing

Unfortunately, the replacement G Pro Racing wheel that Logitech sent me has a fault - sounds like something is loose on the inside of the base unit and scrapes the inside quite loudly when in use. I have contacted Logi support and emailed them videos of the issue - they have accepted the unit is faulty and said they will have the unit back for a full refund. NOW - this is where the fun / frustration seems to begin with their support. 5 days in and I am still waiting for my Return label (they said I would have it within 24/48hrs) so not true at this point. All emails I have sent to them over the past few days have been completely ignored - not received any response or reply.

I have spent over Ā£1000 (pro wheel and pro pedals) to Logitech - I have had two faulty wheels and have not been able to relax and enjoy my driving sims - and now seemingly I need to fight to get my return sorted and for them to process my refund!

I have major concerns as to the Logitech customer service - at this point I am very disappointed with their support / communication - watch this space for more updates!
Damn man, thats super frustrating. Id be super pissed. Not a good start at all.

Damn man, thats super frustrating. Id be super pissed. Not a good start at all.
Yeh - super frustrating!

The G Pro Racing Wheel is a great wheel when it works and without any faults. However, after having two faulty G Pro wheels, resulting in huge amounts of lost game time, I do not wish to risk another Pro wheel - so for now I am going back to my Logi G29 and pedals! Once Logitech sort themselves out and refund me my money, I will consider my options and IF I decide to get another Logi G Pro Racing wheel, that will depend on their customer service and the refund process - otherwise I will look elsewhere.

I hope they can redeem themselves, so as to put my trust and faith back into Logitech as a reputable company BUT time will tell, including the levels of frustration and disappointment I have to endure! I would also hope they improve the QC on these DD wheels before sending to customers, as I am not the only person to have these issues - unless there is a design fault with the Pro Racing wheel, in which case they need to remedy quick!

As of today - I am STILL WAITING for my return label!

Last edited:
@bokspeed sounds like perhaps they had a bad batch. 2 crappers in a row is terrible luck, I completely understand your mindset. Maybe 3rd time lucky šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø. Mine was a recent pre-order, but flawless so far. Maybe i should buy a lottery ticket.

Well good luck man. I hope they sort you out quick. Maybe @LOGI_Rich can personally test your next replacement if you go that route. Haha

Yeh - super frustrating!

The G Pro Racing Wheel is a great wheel when it works and without any faults. However, after having two faulty G Pro wheels, resulting in huge amounts of lost game time, I do not wish to risk another Pro wheel - so for now I am going back to my Logi G29 and pedals! Once Logitech sort themselves out and refund me my money, I will consider my options and IF I decide to get another Logi G Pro Racing wheel, that will depend on their customer service and the refund process - otherwise I will look elsewhere.

I hope they can redeem themselves, so as to put my trust and faith back into Logitech as a reputable company BUT time will tell, including the levels of frustration and disappointment I have to endure! I would also hope they improve the QC on these DD wheels before sending to customers, as I am not the only person to have these issues - unless there is a design fault with the Pro Racing wheel, in which case they need to remedy quick!

As of today - I am STILL WAITING for my return label!
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I can't blame you if you decide to go with a different brand. My first unit was replaced and I didn't have any more problems so I feel lucky. However it is apparent that the quality control is not up to the same standard as the G25 and G27. Like you, my first unit just had something loose in it that was just rattling around, as if someone dropped an extra screw inside the steering wheel. My guess is like most big companies these days, they are using very cheap labor which is leading to the inconsistent assembly quality of the wheels. It's luck of the draw if you get one that was assembled properly.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I can't blame you if you decide to go with a different brand. My first unit was replaced and I didn't have any more problems so I feel lucky. However it is apparent that the quality control is not up to the same standard as the G25 and G27. Like you, my first unit just had something loose in it that was just rattling around, as if someone dropped an extra screw inside the steering wheel. My guess is like most big companies these days, they are using very cheap labor which is leading to the inconsistent assembly quality of the wheels. It's luck of the draw if you get one that was assembled properly.
Yeh, its possible there are one or two bad batches out there but they should ideally pass proper QC at that price point before allowing them to ship to customers.

The good news is that I have finally received my Returns label - next stage is receiving my refund from Logitech. If that experience is trouble / frustration free then Logitech could redeem themselves, and I may just may return as a customer.

Hey all - so I pulled the trigger on both the wheel and pedals since all I play these days is either GT7, ACC, or F1 on PS5. My current setup is a G923 with the Ricometch load cell mod for the brake pedal. Order was fulfilled yesterday and should be on the way soon. Hence this post. The load cell mod I have is a 75kg max load, it can obviously be calibrated out in game, but Ive gotten used to it near 100%. My current brake has about 8 - 10mm of travel, pretty short but I've gotten used to it. Just curious for anyone using the hardest polymers and settings who have used other load cells how they think the firm brake set-up feels if you've used it. I guess I'm excited as it's my first DD set-up and I'm curious how different the brake - most important pedal imo - feels, or tips for differences.

e; Oh and I bought the pedals rather than the new compatibility USB box cause, uh, the PRO pedals are gorgeous and also I have 3 animals and Ill probably save the difference in compressed air in a year lol. (those potentiometer gears get hella clogged fast).

Last edited:
@NLR-13 It's fantastic in iRacing. They were actually the first title to support Trueforce back when we were first developing it (their lead developer for FFB and wheel support is a firm advocate for the advantages that Trueforce brings over DirectInput and the Pro Wheel is currently the only wheel that has access to their 360Hz FFB option). They provide the best set of tuning options for getting what you want out of Trueforce as well - besides the improvement to the main forces, you can also adjust the gain on the following aspects:

Car Body Acceleration
DriveShaft
Engine RPM
Gear Change
Rev Limiter
Road Texture
Rumble Strip
Wheel Slip

@Squirrel_Muse with the hardest supplied options in there, you've got around 18mm of deflection in the pedal.

@LOGI_Rich wonder if you could help. I'm trying to play Dirt Rally 2.0 on PS5 using my Pro Wheel and pedals.
I want to map the handbrake to be the right hand dual-clutch hand paddle, but for some reason it won't let me do it. It just doesn't recognise when I activate that paddle on the mapping screen. It'll let me map the LEFT one if I want (which I don't because it automatically thinks its the clutch pedal so everytime I touch it the car does a 180).

Is this a bug? Can you replicate it?
Anyone else on PS5 Dirt 2.0 want to check and let us know?

On a side note, the recommended settings for this wheel on Dirt 2.0/PS5 seem way off. The wheel feels crazy strong and heavy. How long since its been checked?

The Handbrake Axis won't function in DR2.0 - this is because our wheels never had a handbrake axis back then so the SDK didn't include any support for it. The only thing you can do is exactly what you've done (reassign the handbrake function to the clutch axis and then assign the clutch paddle to the clutch), but of course this is only possible if you don't play manual w/clutch.

With regards to the settings, as ever, it's a subjective thing. Feel free to reduce the Strength setting on the wheel until it suits you.

@Squirrel_Muse congrats, welcome. I really hope you have no issues with your order on delivery. Really getting annoying with production issues (a lot of) companies seem to be having these days.

I donā€™t run my pedals on the hardest, and only utilize about 40% of lc max because of my setup, any harder and id be pushing my wheel stand across the floor in every corner, but for what its worth. My guess would be youā€™ll find the brake too soft with too much travel compared to your current setup/ preference. I say that because the pro brake has 2 elastomers which may be similar to your set up, could be softer though as i cant test yours to know, but they also include a smaller, almost stiff foam piece in the very bottom (that logitech say is mandatory). Which i think will give you more travel as well. I believe they designed this piece to simulate the initial pedal travel or pad travel prior to rotor contact on a irl vehicle.

I think pretty much every review video I've seen on the g pro complains about the softness of the brake. Which i think is probably more accurate than the stiffness it seems a lot of sim racers strive for.

Id imagine you could replace this ā€œstiff foamā€ piece with another elastomer if you can find a close enough sized one, or cut one down you already have and tune to your liking. Hopefully weā€™ll see some 3rd party tuning kits at some point. But so far im not sure logitech is getting enough market adoption from the true sim community.
A lot of reddit and forum posts i see, everyone just craps on the price and or assumes the g pro stuff is an overpriced 923 or whatever. Not to mention the various fanboiā€™s that cant see past their pc only, blah blah blah. It seems like a shame to me. Its such a nice set up, and the more peeps that get onboard, the more likely weā€™ll get better mods n such.

Let us know how it works out and if you start tweaking bits.

Hey all - so I pulled the trigger on both the wheel and pedals since all I play these days is either GT7, ACC, or F1 on PS5. My current setup is a G923 with the Ricometch load cell mod for the brake pedal. Order was fulfilled yesterday and should be on the way soon. Hence this post. The load cell mod I have is a 75kg max load, it can obviously be calibrated out in game, but Ive gotten used to it near 100%. My current brake has about 8 - 10mm of travel, pretty short but I've gotten used to it. Just curious for anyone using the hardest polymers and settings who have used other load cells how they think the firm brake set-up feels if you've used it. I guess I'm excited as it's my first DD set-up and I'm curious how different the brake - most important pedal imo - feels, or tips for differences.

e; Oh and I bought the pedals rather than the new compatibility USB box cause, uh, the PRO pedals are gorgeous and also I have 3 animals and Ill probably save the difference in compressed air in a year lol. (those potentiometer gears get hella clogged fast).

Before I get my G Pro, I was using g29 with truebrake, stiffest possible option with the least pedal travel.

I set up the G Pro pedals the same 40kg and setup it for the least travel. Just a week later.... The pedal feel great and now I'm sure it's no all about stiffness of the pedal.

The more I drive with them the more I like them and get better.

The ACC consistency and car control lvl raised with about +10 for me to 90-95 just for a week of driving. Something what was not possible with the g29 and all the mods I did on it.

If you are get used to load cell you gonna love it. Just put the stiffest option in it. Brake modulation is amazing for me.

I wish I bought it in the last October.

Last edited:
Back