Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

You could purchase an extra steering wheel and take it apart
At £269 I'm not sure many people will be buying one just to take it apart and perform DIY. 😃

I think that's about the cost of a complete G27 setup when new!

Since Logitech don't sell a separate Sony compatible base, then yes. But that's how it is for other manufacturers also.

Unless they only produce one version, in theory any additional wheels should be cheaper for the PlayStation version since they don't have to include the Microsoft "security" chip.
Is it though? Fanatec sells their base, wheel and pedals seperately (at high price I must admit), but you definitely don't need to buy 2 wheels if you want a McLaren wheel. You can get a DD Pro 8nm wheelbase for 599, a McLaren wheel for 199 and any pedal set you like, for instance the CSL V2's for 299.

Last edited:
Is it though?
The general principle is the same, chips in wheel, base etc. I believe originally Fanatec only sold the DD pro as a bundle with the GT wheel. So some people had the GT themed wheel they weren't keen on so then bought another wheel as well. But as you say Fanatec now get around the problem by having separate products available. I'm assuming Logitech may eventually have the same options. Or then again, perhaps they won't.

The stock Logi Pro wheel is amazing. I'm not quite sure how much better and ergonomic a future GT3 wheel should be, to make my buy it, but it's just me. :rolleyes:

I think the stock PC wheel can be paired with the PS5 base and be usable, in case something happened to my current one?

Last edited:
Now you've had it for a few days, how are you enjoying your new wheel @Squirrel_Muse?
I'm loving it. Primarily using with GT7 and ACC - having the ability to set up different profiles is awesome. F1 23 FFB is kind of garbage on PS5 so I'm waiting until they hopefully fix it before playing much of that. Currently pricing out a rig to put this bad boy on, the setup I have works but it's not ideal. Running between 6 and 8 nm and TrueForce is way better than it was on the G923. Pedals are equally awesome. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone looking to move to a DD wheel.

I'm loving it. Primarily using with GT7 and ACC - having the ability to set up different profiles is awesome. F1 23 FFB is kind of garbage on PS5 so I'm waiting until they hopefully fix it before playing much of that. Currently pricing out a rig to put this bad boy on, the setup I have works but it's not ideal. Running between 6 and 8 nm and TrueForce is way better than it was on the G923. Pedals are equally awesome. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone looking to move to a DD wheel.
Rig Metal sells some cost effective rigs.

Just dropping in to say that I'm having an absolute BLAST playing Assetto Corsa Competizione with this wheel.
Indeed, I've got to agree with you. It was good before but since the recent update to ACC that included physics tweaks and also added full support for the G Pro it's, as you say, a blast. 🙂

Good to hear you're enjoying the wheel and it's all working well @Squirrel_Muse.
👍

Not many, but there's always someone who wants a project. Like this awesome example.
Oh yeah, there's always someone. 😃

Hello everyone!

Well, after a few weeks of owning this wheel, I have to say it is the best experience I have ever had.

The TrueForce is amazing (especially in GT7), and the general force feedback is super useful. I have been using this wheel on my 8020 rig with the PSVR2 and Quest Pro on PC, and it feels super immersive.

Brilliant job Logitech!

Yeh, its a good wheel and I did enjoy it - just wish I did not have such bad luck with my two faulty units....glad you are all enjoying yours though!

IMG_2152.jpeg

Last edited:
So having used this pretty extensively in GT7 and ACC over the last week or so for about 25 hours or so I love it but have no idea how people are using 11+nm wheels at 100% strength in-game settings – just so heavy or maybe Im not used to it. I've settled on 5.5 - 6.5nm and some reduction in game settings and am really liking it, but I would absolutely have bought an 8nm version of this wheel (I probably wouldn't have cause 11 > 8 and Im a man child but it would be a good option). Perhaps this is just my inexperience - it's my first DD wheel - and it's on an aluminum stand not a full rig so that might be an issue too. Thankfully my main reasons for upgrading from my G923 were a). getting rid of the loud notch gear system that was keeping my wife and kids awake b). upgrading the pedals c). having FFB/Trueforce headroom for all the detailed info I didn't think was coming through on the G923 (which it wasn't).

I guess this is a backhanded compliment on the strength of the wheel - at full force in wheel settings and game the thing feels like 100kg weight. Do people actually race like that? Are GT3 type cars that heavy and hard IRL?

e; this is more prevalent in ACC, although 11nm and high force in GT7 is also pretty heavy and my setup is similar to @bokspeed upthread.

Last edited:
Are GT3 type cars that heavy and hard IRL?
I mentioned a little further up that an actual GT3 driver thought is Merc steering was in the 12 to 15 Nm range. Mind you that would be at peak, not constantly.

I've been gradually increasing my force levels, perhaps because I've got used to the wheel more now. It does add further depth to the feedback. In ACC I'm at 9 to 10Nm with around 75 to 80 percent in game.
I see it goes up to 200% on the game slider now. I don't think I'll get to those extremes!

Is it possible to use g pro clutch pedal as handbrake in gt7? I was just wondering before making any build, because i could just svrew clutch pedal separatly to rig and use pedal screws to have some handle on it and extension cord for rj11.

Is it possible to use g pro clutch pedal as handbrake in gt7? I was just wondering before making any build, because i could just svrew clutch pedal separatly to rig and use pedal screws to have some handle on it and extension cord for rj11.
Yup you can assign the clutch pedals on the wheelbase to a bunch of things including handbrake.

I think @Peexu was referring to rejigging the actual clutch pedal, not the paddles. And I think the answer is; it depends on wether the game will allow the clutch output to be assigned as a handbrake.

Many are waiting for an actual handbrake to appear. The 2 extra usb sockets on the base are feeling neglected. 🙂

I've noticed you can now purchase the G Pro wheel & pedals on Amazon. Only the PC version though and only with the wheel and base (999.99 USD) separate from the pedals (349.99 USD). No bundle but at least its a start. I believe this will help them sell more units in the long run. Not sure if this is USA only or not.

Last edited:
I think @Peexu was referring to rejigging the actual clutch pedal, not the paddles. And I think the answer is; it depends on wether the game will allow the clutch output to be assigned as a handbrake.

Many are waiting for an actual handbrake to appear. The 2 extra usb sockets on the base are feeling neglected. 🙂
Oh yeah that makes sense - that would be in the game. The clutch padles are what I read.

I've noticed you can now purchase the G Pro wheel & pedals on Amazon. Only the PC version though and only with the wheel and base (999.99 USD) separate from the pedals (349.99 USD). No bundle but at least its a start. I believe this will help them sell more units in the long run. Not sure if this is USA only or not.
That's a good spot. Hopefully the full set (PS5/XBOX) as well. As long as the discount on the pedals are only on the Logitech website then there is no real benefit, but Amazon is known to offer more discounts a few times a year.

Yes that was my idea and no it is not possible, i tried to plug it in and there is no option for clurch pedal to do anything else than clutch, so pummer back to original plan.

So having used this pretty extensively in GT7 and ACC over the last week or so for about 25 hours or so I love it but have no idea how people are using 11+nm wheels at 100% strength in-game settings – just so heavy or maybe Im not used to it. I've settled on 5.5 - 6.5nm and some reduction in game settings and am really liking it, but I would absolutely have bought an 8nm version of this wheel (I probably wouldn't have cause 11 > 8 and Im a man child but it would be a good option). Perhaps this is just my inexperience - it's my first DD wheel - and it's on an aluminum stand not a full rig so that might be an issue too. Thankfully my main reasons for upgrading from my G923 were a). getting rid of the loud notch gear system that was keeping my wife and kids awake b). upgrading the pedals c). having FFB/Trueforce headroom for all the detailed info I didn't think was coming through on the G923 (which it wasn't).

I guess this is a backhanded compliment on the strength of the wheel - at full force in wheel settings and game the thing feels like 100kg weight. Do people actually race like that? Are GT3 type cars that heavy and hard IRL?

e; this is more prevalent in ACC, although 11nm and high force in GT7 is also pretty heavy and my setup is similar to @bokspeed upthread.
To use the wheel at full power for competitive racing you really have to hate yourself. I use it with 100% on the base and 50% in-game gain in ACC, roughly about 5.5nm peak and it feels very strong, and when I hit a kerb even stronger.

The real GT3 cars have power steering and the wheel is not so heavy according to Aris, though some GT3 real drivers say the real GT3 cars have around 12nm of power in the real car you have G-forces which we lack in our home simulators.

The FFB strength is a personal choice at the end, but if you are able to handle it at 100% base and 100% in-game gain in ACC = 11nm, you will clip all around the track, which won't be a good experience.

Last edited:
Hello, it is normal that when I press the accelerator pedal all the way down on my Logitech G Pro I notice a little play??

Thankss

Edit: SOLVED by @LOGI_Rich

Last edited:
To use the wheel at full power for competitive racing you really have to hate yourself. I use it with 100% on the base and 50% in-game gain in ACC, roughly about 5.5nm peak and it feels very strong, and when I hit a kerb even stronger.

The real GT3 cars have power steering and the wheel is not so heavy according to Aris, though some GT3 real drivers say the real GT3 cars have around 12nm of power in the real car you have G-forces which we lack in our home simulators.

The FFB strength is a personal choice at the end, but if you are able to handle it at 100% base and 100% in-game gain in ACC = 11nm, you will clip all around the track, which won't be a good experience.
Yes, they've made some changes in ACC since we put our recommended settings together and there's now a lot less torque reserved for peak events, by the looks of it. That said, clipping is still fairly minimal, only really occurring in high speed corners and doesn't seem to unduly affect the overall feel; but I'll probably make an adjustment to the recommended setting for that one as well when we review things towards the end of the year.

Back