Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Be sure to read the thread.

Last edited:
The article is from May 2022. Although it reflects the topic, a lot has happened or been changed with FFB in the meantime.

The reduction of the FFB happened sometime this year in spring. I no longer have the exact update in my head.

No no, it's definitely not a dispute. Please do not misunderstand! I know that the matter has been known for a very long time and the blame does not lie with Logitech!

I know that PD has to make improvements and not Logitech. I also said that the G Pro is not a bad product.

It's just a shame that Logitech's escalation is not being heard by PD.

So please don't misunderstand me, I'm not arguing. It's just a pity about the good Logitech product. :cheers:

I would also be delighted if PD finally increased the FFB strength again for our G Pro. Like many other users...

Last edited:
No no, it's definitely not a dispute. Please do not misunderstand! I know that the matter has been known for a very long time and the blame does not lie with Logitech!

I know that PD has to make improvements and not Logitech. I also said that the G Pro is not a bad product.

It's just a shame that Logitech's escalation is not being heard by PD.

So please don't misunderstand me, I'm not arguing. It's just a pity about the good Logitech product. :cheers:

I would also be delighted if PD finally increased the FFB strength again for our G Pro. Like many other users...
My bad, miscommunication on my part. In the end we just want a functioning Logi wheel after paying serious cash. Hoping PD will fix it when Fanatecs wheel is released.

Should not maybe get into politics here, but the FFB nerf is a great example that woke got also into GT e-sports. In real world racing I would say woke has been very present since all the ABS, TC, wheel shifters etc. I do drive all my cars in GT7 without any aids, and with clutch&shifter. I use also VR. If here is like-minded racers, You are welcome to join my new discord server - Old School Junkies https://discord.gg/dwteb6bptN There we will be racing like the guys did back in the glory days before woke. ☺️👍

Last edited:
Lol, thanks for the links to the statement of PD. I was always in the impression that the FFB nerf affected Logitech only (don’t actually know why I was thinking that). Now it makes more sense and it’s an easier decision for me to go with the G Pro rather than Fanatec.

Thanks

So it’s been more than a year since they nerfed the Fanatec wheels and nothing has changed so far?

It’s quite funny that when you put the force feedback setting in the game over 5 it’ll give you a warning. That would make sense if we actually had our fill spectrum of torque, but I digress 🫠

So it’s been more than a year since they nerfed the Fanatec wheels and nothing has changed so far?

It’s quite funny that when you put the force feedback setting in the game over 5 it’ll give you a warning. That would make sense if we actually had our fill spectrum of torque, but I digress 🫠
Laugh or cry? 🥴

Attachments

• IMG_0622.jpeg
    IMG_0622.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 28
I haven't played GT7 since the last month update. Last night, I spent quite a lot of time in different races, cars, tracks, tires and it felt quite good to me.

I think I'm using
FFB Strength - 7 or 8 (I think)
Sensitivity - 1

Base is at 100%
Dampener is 30%
FFB Filter is 5-10 (I think)
FFB Audio - 100%

The FFB was pretty good with the new 992 on SM tires or CLK-GTR on RM tires, same for some 4WD on snow tires.

I like the way it feels and the driving experience in GT7. It feels right to me and nothing to annoy me.

Could be better/stronger....? sure it can.

Last edited:

Be sure to read the thread.

Thanks for sharing this. So, looks like it was fixed within a few weeks. But no such love for the Pro Wheel.

Now even more interested to see how PD will handle the DD+ 🤔

Guys I am more and more confused…so it affected initially ALL DD wheels and was actually fixed for all other wheels except the Logitech G Pro.

Well yes, that sucks. Especially when you know that the Podium F1 DD from Fanatec can easily operate past the 11 NM torque (which at the moment is even less) not having this limitation like the G Pro.

I assume it was PDs priority to fix this on Fanatec first as they are officially licensed as GT7 wheels? Fingers crossed then…

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this. So, looks like it was fixed within a few weeks. But no such love for the Pro Wheel.

Now even more interested to see how PD will handle the DD+ 🤔

It was fixed about 1.5 year ago. At that time PD managed to brake almost all wheels including g29 family and also the ps controller.

The G Pro is nerfed on purpose because of the DD Pro and because it's the official GT Wheel and if you want more you then have to go again with Fanatec Premium line.

With the upcoming DD Pro+ most probably this "problem" going to be fixed.

Not fair but who cares, the GT7 is not the only game and that clearly shows that G Pro is a superb product and they are afraid of it.

Last edited:
It was fixed about 1.5 year ago. At that time PD managed to brake almost all wheels including g29 family and also the ps controller.

The G Pro is nerfed on purpose because of the DD Pro and because it's the official GT Wheel and if you want more you then have to go again with Fanatec Premium line.

With the upcoming DD Pro+ most probably this "problem" going to be fixed.

Not fair but who cares, the GT7 is not the only game and that clearly shows that G Pro is a superb product and they are afraid of it.
This can't be right. Can it...

Not fair but who cares
Well, I think Logitech would care? And again, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, it’s actually against European Law (and I’d think US?) to stifle competition by differential treatment.

But it is weird that it’s been going on for so long time with the G Pro.

I played a bit of ACC and what a difference in torque! If only something like AC or ACC worked on PSVR2 and could send telemetry data to SimHub from the PS5 😌

Has anyone experienced this? Racing in the 190e tonight I don't race many road cars as I usually focus on race cars so never experienced it. However I entered a race in the 190e. Went round the first bend its slightly tuned to 620pp 300 BHP etc. SS tyres.

Went into the first bend and the in game wheel just locked when steering and released when I came off the gas eventually... it was the same when in Bumper cam and its worrying me a fair bit as I can't seem to go flat out on certain bends in the car? Is this wheel clipping as they call it? Is the car just overly sensitive not allowing me to push? Surely the in game steering wheel shouldn't temporarily lock into place when cornering?

I have the in game settings set to 7 & 1

FFB Strengh set to 7nm
TF Audio set to 10
Dampener set to 10
FFB Filter set to 10

Well, I think Logitech would care? And again, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, it’s actually against European Law (and I’d think US?) to stifle competition by differential treatment.

But it is weird that it’s been going on for so long time with the G Pro.

I played a bit of ACC and what a difference in torque! If only something like AC or ACC worked on PSVR2 and could send telemetry data to SimHub from the PS5 😌

Probably it's against the EU law but it's not ment to be like that forever but just enough to give time for the competition to announce their brand new superior product and release it on sale to the end user.

I guess all of a sudden in December or maybe January all of this little problem going to be fixed just like that.

Anyway even now, for me there is plenty of FFB from the Logi base and practically there is no need to torture myself with stronger FFB. Stronger doesn't mean better.

I can't see any other obvious reason, since the Logi base is on sale for a little bit more than a year. It was also announced in the promo video that the new Fanatec base was in developing for about 4 years, so it was planned from the very begging.

If someone tells me they can't fixed that for a year, they'd better go do something else. I mean game Devs.

Last edited:
Sorry not gt.

Anyone playing the new WRC have any luck using the clutch paddles as handbrake?. I dont know what im missing. Ive tried the w/b set to handbrake, and tried assigning axis a or b to the handbrake button in wrc. Clutch paddles dont seem to be being recognized by the game.

Sorry not gt.

Anyone playing the new WRC have any luck using the clutch paddles as handbrake?. I dont know what im missing. Ive tried the w/b set to handbrake, and tried assigning axis a or b to the handbrake button in wrc. Clutch paddles dont seem to be being recognized by the game.
Set them to behave as handbrake on the wheel base and then you can assign them in game.

Sorry, can see you've done that. I think mine just defaulted to handbrake once I had them set to be so on the wheel base. I haven't changed any default controls in game. (Xbox so could be different elsewhere.)

I think it defaults to B button too maybe. Try overusing that by pressing the paddle instead of B when editing.

Last edited:
Clutch paddles dont seem to be being recognized by the game.
I'm not sure if you're on PS5 but a couple of pages back someone posted this from a bug report.
IMG_0261.jpeg

And Rich answered with this.
That's simply something we reported to them when testing a few weeks ago. You may remember that the Pro Wheel has a handbrake axis that can be assigned to the dual clutch paddles - this currently isn't working in the game's controller map by default.
So from your post I'm assuming it's perhaps noted but not yet fixed by Codemasters.

I'm not sure if you're on PS5 but a couple of pages back someone posted this from a bug report.
View attachment 1300670

So from your post I'm assuming it's perhaps noted but not yet fixed by Codemasters.
Works fine for me, set it as handbrake on wheel base and mapped it in game. I think the above means it doesnt automatically map during device calibration even if it's set on the wheel, but it works when manually mapped. On PC. If you're on Xbox it might be a limitation of the number of inputs allowed.

View attachment 1300670

I’m playing WRC on PS in manual without clutch. So not sure if this helps, but I have mapped the handbrake to the clutch pedal. I know this isn’t in any way proper, but I was finding it too hard to try and use 0 button on the wheel. Might be worth a try, whilst waiting for the developers to add the axis paddles?

Yup, I've tried "everything" and I cannot get the secondary paddles to work the handbrake.

The game's hearing those paddles 'cause if you set them to clutch, throttle etc. on the wheelbase, you can see it working in-game. As soon as you assign HB to it 'though, the game seems to hear nothing. Changing in-game bindings does nothing 'cause nothing is heard.

This is a huge concern for me so I'm sending "get them to get their asses into gear(!)" vibes to @LOGI_Rich. Hopefully he can convince them to escalate the issue if that hasn't been done already.

Last edited:
View attachment 1300670

I thought i had read that. But i couldnt find it with the search. Thanks for the reminder. Freakin lame though. Maybe ill have to get the adapter and try the old hairband mod to my old shifter

Back