Lotus Elise Club Cup - Saturday Racing - Race 2 Feb 18th - SIGN UP NOW

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 2,010 comments
I tried some laps with the ds3, pretty easy track, probably will be about tenths or even hundreds between the best. I only managed 1:16.310 but was over 2 tenths up on it once so a 16 even should be possible, even a little bit under 1:16.

I think we can manage low 1:15s or maybe mid 1:14?? :embarrassed:OO
Anyways.. so far the best I got is 1:15.381.

Last edited:

Don't be so depressingly fast :P gotta try it out with the wheel tomorrow, i'm not that good with the ds3 so i'm still a little hopeful ^^

And i also agree with phil, although a sticking pedal is fixable..

Mid 1:14? I would be happy with a 15.0 right now.

I can do mid 15s from lap 2 onward, with a best lap time of 1:15.320 (full tank on lap 5).
Not sure how much time I left on track, maybe .3XX with my driving.
I bet you(Opp) or Dax or Marunda can drop a 14.XXX but not sure how many lap the tires can handle at that pace.

The track is pretty easy on tires isn't it? except for the rear right which wear like it was made of paper.

The track is pretty easy on tires isn't it? except for the rear right which wear like it was made of paper.

Doing upper 15s I was ok, but the way I needed to take turn 1 for a low 15s lap I would eat my right side tires. By lap 7 I was noticing grip loss. I was digging so maybe with less "finding the edge of grip" driving I could do better with wear.

I can do mid 15s from lap 2 onward, with a best lap time of 1:15.320 (full tank on lap 5).
I bet you(Opp) or Dax or Marunda can drop a 14.XXX but not sure how many lap the tires can handle at that pace.

I wouldn't count on it. It's not what I'd call one of my favourite tracks and I won't be able to practise until 4pm GMT tomorrow. :ill:

Last season you could practically floor it round the track but this season with the ridiculously louse back ends you really have to fight it all the time, i'm looking forward to the next series when we get back to normal behaving cars ^^ it's been a great learning experience though. :P

Seems to me I had high expectations :P The crucial part to get a good time is to nail the turns right before the tunnel, imo.

Last season you could practically floor it round the track but this season with the ridiculously louse back ends you really have to fight it all the time, i'm looking forward to the next series when we get back to normal behaving cars ^^ it's been a great learning experience though. :P

Take a Shelby AC Cobra and a McLaren MP4-12C, a ACR, and a McLaren F1 to the Nurburgring (full) in the rain (100%) on comfort soft tires......
After that any MR car feels stable.

Seems to me I had high expectations :P The crucial part to get a good time is to nail the turns right before the tunnel, imo.

Yes, I would agree but T2 is so much harder to get right and is worth a lot of time.

Last edited:
Haha but that is ok because it's in extreme conditions and extreme cars.. this car isn't extreme it's just really loose in high speed corners, which is my most disliked feature in a car ^^

Well still like it a bit because it makes me a better driver but it really takes practise to drive fast in.

edit: did a endurance race or something in the cobra on nurb once.. think it was comforts but might have been sports tires, anyway had the worst set up in the world (since i still can't set up cars) and it felt quite a bit like this one, only twice as fast. :P

Take a Shelby AC Cobra and a McLaren MP4-12C, a ACR, and a McLaren F1 to the Nurburgring (full) in the rain (100%) on comfort soft tires......
After that any MR car feels stable.

Yes, I would agree but T2 is so much harder to get right and is worth a lot of time.
Also true :P I think this will be a really close race.

I have and cant get any practice till race day, so gonna hope my epic talent shines through :sly:

(Its an oval, I know) :(

I have and cant get any practice till race day, so gonna hope my epic talent shines through :sly:

(Its an oval, I know) :(

Grand Valley isn't really a conventional oval... in the way it's not an oval.

Haha but that is ok because it's in extreme conditions and extreme cars.. this car isn't extreme it's just really loose in high speed corners, which is my most disliked feature in a car ^^

I love that. The fact that when you're taking high speed corners (like at Tokyo Reverse) you have to keep the steering moving is brilliant. :D

I might take that back when I do some testing. :scared:

I am racing this Saturday :)

Good. Hopefully we'll rack up some decent points. 👍

I won't be there.. going to a party at my brothers instead ^^ will have to practise tomorrow instead.

Only managed a 1'15.3xx.

The first corner is an absolute 🤬 without ABS, at least to go fast round it.

Back