Lotus Elise Club Cup - Saturday Racing - Race 2 Feb 18th - SIGN UP NOW

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 2,010 comments
First time on this track and I hated both track and the stupid car. Mostly the car though. No practice at all didn't help either, losing time here and there.
Then I got disconnected.

That was a greeeeat race!! just until the last two laps we were a pack of six within 1,5 seconds.. it all got a bit messy in the end but i really didn't expect to be so close to everybody in this race, it was great :)

First time on this track and I hated both track and the stupid car. Mostly the car though. No practice at all didn't help either, losing time here and there.
Then I got disconnected.

Better luck next week at Daytona 👍

Oh i realised i actually gained a place from quali this time! wooo first time (on tarmac) i think ^^

If my calculations are correct there's 4 points in the teams chamnioship now. Gold Leaf ahead.

But I doubt we'll get a table soon as Carb seemed pretty 🤬 off. :(

Nice win. You got out of the madhouse.
I really don't understand why it couldn't have been a clean race. I've had many races here and they turned out just fine.
I was going to report the incidences, but after spot-checking any lap, I learned that's pointless. I'll just mention the main ones.
On lap nine, though Dax was beside me, there is no way he could have pulled that pass off without causing a crash unless I went wide by myself. Thanks for giving the spot back, though it did create some havoc.
I pitted early because Robert was heavily lagging on my screen, so I couldn't follow the pack.
I'm not sure if I pitted right - may have crossed the white line. I didn't check and wasn't thinking about it.
Laps 28 to the finish, you'll see a display of exactly what the OLR tries to prevent.
I was constantly getting rear-ended, and dive-bombed multiple times. Considering I didn't see any lag when around those two cars, I can't imagine what the excuse would be.
On those laps, I got a bit sick of it and did make a couple obvious retaliation shots at the offending car. I didn't pass on them. I was just trying to show him what he was doing.
Then I got nailed twice more (figured now it was intentional), and I gave up, and I pushed him wide in turn one. That was intentional, and I will accept a penalty for it. I was getting sick of it and I didn't want to have the last few laps destroyed because another car couldn't race in a pack.
Carbon, it was fun racing you for the last lap or so.

There might be delays if there's any complaints.. don't know if there are but can't really do the table ahead of that?

Epic race for Team Lotus. :D

Opp did a 1'14.864. :eek:
speedy gonzales bro!
@carracer
If I'm lagging tomorrow as well, I'm quitting this championship and the GT1. I knew my new internet will be a problem, therefore I'll be looking into upgrading my internet. Did I lag for anybody else?

speedy gonzales bro!
@carracer
If I'm lagging tomorrow as well, I'm quitting this championship and the GT1. I knew my new internet will be a problem, therefore I'll be looking into upgrading my internet. Did I lag for anybody else?

Not for me. You might have twitched a bit but you weren't any where near dangerously laggy. :)

Nel and Willie both did 1'14.9s. :scared:

You didn't lag for me opp, impressive time by the way, what happened all the other laps? ^^
Thanks phouchg and carracer! I didn't have the consistency, that's why I almost came last :P

If my calculations are correct there's 4 points in the teams chamnioship now. Gold Leaf ahead.

But I doubt we'll get a table soon as Carb seemed pretty 🤬 off. :(

I will do my best to put it up as soon as we have our official results.

Interesting fact about the race, during the practise i was planning a two stop and had decided on it ahead of the race because of my terrible tire wear.. in the race though all of the sudden i could conserve tires much much better and at the same time do times in the 15ths almost every lap because of the slipstream :D And i didn't spin!!

Interesting fact about the race, during the practise i was planning a two stop and had decided on it ahead of the race because of my terrible tire wear.. in the race though all of the sudden i could conserve tires much much better and at the same time do times in the 15ths almost every lap because of the slipstream :D And i didn't spin!!

I realised this too.

I think it's because when I was in the slipstream I tapped the brakes into turn 1 which meant I wasn't on the brakes for as long into turn 2. :)

yeah i took it real easy in to turn two every time because you there was always someone who didn't take it perfectly and that would slow down the whole pack so i could keep up anyways ^^

Well here it is... the unofficial table... which also shows that marunda looks to be running away with the title, though 2nd place is yet to be decided.

Attachments

• Lotus Elise S2.pdf
    184 KB · Views: 23
I want fifth :) hoping carb will get second.. by the way was willie really quitting the championship after the discussions last saturday?

A bit annoyed now, looking at the replay I see Marunda pull a move very similar to my one on carracer on neljack.

I let the whole pack through to let carracer through, Marunda just kept on racing.

I come last, Marunda wins.

I did notice that incident, looked a bit funny how the teammates of both Team Lotus and Gold Leaf Racing collided with each other at the same place, but it wasn't funny anymore when I had to swerve through the slowed down traffic, where one of the cars was dangerously blocking the racing line, and it became even less funny when Opp decided to dive-pass into the next turn...

Preliminary Team Standings
Code:
Gold Leaf Racing	148
Team Lotus		144
Scandinavian Racing	110
Aftershock Racing	78
Alitalia Racing		60
Team Waffle		6
Grúpa RE		0

There was a lot of weird incidents in that race it seems.

A bit annoyed now, looking at the replay I see Marunda pull a move very similar to my one on carracer on neljack.

I let the whole pack through to let carracer through, Marunda just kept on racing.

I come last, Marunda wins.

I knocked Neljack into the wall- nothing too major then hit a wall of cars and had to ease out and dodge a load of cars. I spoke to Neljack after the race and he was fine with the maneuver. Anyway I had my nose firmly down the inside of Neljack and he turned into me.

I was along side carracer and he turned early into me...

Still think you should have waited for him.

I was along side carracer and he turned early into me...

Still think you should have waited for him.

Ah but you see. Carracer called out your move. Neljack was fine with mine when I spoke to him.

Yes maybe I should have waited. If it was anyone else I would have, but I called that because Neljack is well out of the championship and I'm well in it, he wouldn't mind. And if he did I'd have been happy to take a penalty.

It's not the point though, you put him into a wall, you should have waited...

doesn't matter now.

Back