Lotus Elise Club Cup - Saturday Racing - Race 2 Feb 18th - SIGN UP NOW

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 2,010 comments
I'm pretty fast around ovals, and I might just "Accidently" bump draft Marunda into a wall.

Not intentional at all.

I'm pretty fast around ovals, and I might just "Accidently" bump draft Marunda into a wall.

Not intentional at all.

At which point Karma would swoop down on you and your car would split in two. ;)

I'm expecting Carb to be quick here. 👍

At which point Karma would swoop down on you and your car would split in two. ;)

I'm expecting Carb to be quick here. 👍

If the car gets out of shape at all at the rear (which, lets be honest, it will) Carb will meet the wall.

Im guessing it's not, seems to have alot of rear end roll and wandering.
That plus no differential means it handles awkward (to me at least).
But worst is the steering which feels really numb and 'loose' to me, odd because the Evora I run in another league is the exact opposite.

Im guessing it's not, seems to have alot of rear end roll and wandering.
That plus no differential means it handles awkward (to me at least).
But worst is the steering which feels really numb and 'loose' to me, odd because the Evora I run in another league is the exact opposite.

I have to agree. The car doesn't feel very sharp, everything is a bit loose- you can't make smooth turns because you're constantly trying to fight the back end and the brakes are pretty loose as well. :ill:

But it's a real challenge and has made for some pretty great racing. :D

I have to agree. The car doesn't feel very sharp, everything is a bit loose- you can't make smooth turns because you're constantly trying to fight the back end and the brakes are pretty loose as well. :ill:

But it's a real challenge and has made for some pretty great racing. :D

Doc Hudson
I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right.
That sums up this car about right. Has anyone done any group practice?

i probably can't practise today.. other things came up :P (good weather and girlfriends and that ****)

Sounds good, hope everyone do it right ^^ pretty excited about tomorrows race, anything can happen :)

My connection is being a bit dodgy recently. It cut out twice yesterday. Hoping it doesn't in the race as if Carracer wins and I get no points my lead will be halved. :nervous:

Last edited:
Questions -
Do we do a parade /pace lap, then a rolling start launch at the line? (This is better than the games broken auto rolling start)
@Carbon, do you still want to NOT be pushed in the corners, it was OK in practice.

Ideas -
2 races, one 8 lap race with no qualifying (Get everyone ready with some draft practice ), Second race, 40 laps, 10 minute qualifying.

Is there a practice room up and running right now?

Carb is hosting. Still trying to sort my wired connection out. :D

Ahh, Marunda, that's so sad that you might DC...

:lol::lol::lol:

We shall do a rolling start today.

Two wide, like GT1's, but 60MPH until the line.

As soon as the leader crosses the line, gogogo.

Last time we had rolling start i had no time to calculate how much 60 mph was in km/h so i just tried to keep the same pace as the others, now i know it's 96,6 km/h :D

Carb is hosting. Still trying to sort my wired connection out. :D

Ahh, Marunda, that's so sad that you might DC...

:lol::lol::lol:

We shall do a rolling start today.

Two wide, like GT1's, but 60MPH until the line.

As soon as the leader crosses the line, gogogo.

Fingers crossed it's been fine for an hour and 45 or so now. So if I ban my parents from using the computer I should be fine.

I think my modem was just overheating as I've moved it into an airier and less sunny spot and it's fine. :D

Last edited:
Fingers crossed it's been fine for an hour and 45 or so now. So if I ban my parents from using the computer I should be fine.

I think it was just overheating as I've moved it into an airier and less sunny spot and it's fine. :D

Sun in England, good one Marunda 👍 :lol:

Back