Lotus Elise Club Cup - Saturday Racing - Race 2 Feb 18th - SIGN UP NOW

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 2,010 comments
So, what kind of lap times are you guys hitting? I'm looking for a better T2 ;)
Anyone up for a 8 lap per-race race before the main race?

Typing from my phone right now. Seems that I won't make it today, my internet sucks ass.

I won't make it today sorry Dax. Got home late from work, had no practice and got another race to do soon.

FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

That wasn't even my modem dying. Carracer suddenly went all over the road then I DCed. :headbang:

Ah, well, hope for better luck next week.

Fun race guys.
When Ford DCed, I asked if they wanted to restart for him.
Qualifying went as expected. Being the only American, the poll was all but guaranteed. We're particularly good at turning left.
In the opening laps, I was hoping Dax and I could just run away in a two-car tandum. But for some reason, he didn't want to get organized. After being apart of and watching the battle for the first couple of laps, I decided it was too dangerous and sat at the back.

Carbon lost a draft at one point. I hung back to try to see if he could catch my draft, helping him back to the pack. It seemed to be working until his car jumped right and DCed.

Around lap twenty, there was a crash, the reason I was hanging out at the back. It disrupted the field pretty well. I decided since there were only four cars left, I'd start racing again.
On lap twenty-one, I was still trying to work with Dax. I think I was doing a poor job of communicating that I wanted to push him or wanted a push. Coming down the front straightaway, I did such a bad job that they thought I was fake-pitting.
I did consider something like that, but I decided not to, as if I figured it might be classed as an illegal trick. I had no intention of doing it in the race.
Willie was the only one who didn't try to dive into the pits, so it became a two-horse race. He definitely got the idea of a two-car draft and we took off.
Final laps, I was confident I could pull a last-lap slingshot, then we hit Neil. I'm not sure if he did this intentionally or not, but he placed his car right in front of the leader, making a slingshot past me significantly more difficult. Then when I tried it, I lost the rear of the car and almost crashed.

Neil, if that was intentional, great team playing. You helped reduce the blow to your teammate's points lead.

ok, still want to see it for myself but if everyone else think so i guess i'll have to take a penalty.

ok, still want to see it for myself but if everyone else think so i guess i'll have to take a penalty.

Well the penalty will just you losing 5th.

So basically, neljack finishes 5th, Niko on 6th.

Fun race guys.
Qualifying went as expected. Being the only American, the poll was all but guaranteed. We're particularly good at turning left.
In the opening laps, I was hoping Dax and I could just run away in a two-car tandum. But for some reason, he didn't want to get organized. After being apart of and watching the battle for the first couple of laps, I decided it was too dangerous and sat at the back.

Carbon lost a draft at one point. I hung back to try to see if he could catch my draft, helping him back to the pack. It seemed to be working until his car jumped right and DCed.

Around lap twenty, there was a crash, the reason I was hanging out at the back. It disrupted the field pretty well. I decided since there were only four cars left, I'd start racing again.
On lap twenty-one, I was still trying to work with Dax. I think I was doing a poor job of communicating that I wanted to push him or wanted a push. Coming down the front straightaway, I did such a bad job that they thought I was fake-pitting.
I did consider something like that, but I decided not to, as if I figured it might be classed as an illegal trick. I had no intention of doing it in the race.
Willie was the only one who didn't try to dive into the pits, so it became a two-horse race. He definitely got the idea of a two-car draft and we took off.
Final laps, I was confident I could pull a last-lap slingshot, then we hit Neil. I'm not sure if he did this intentionally or not, but he placed his car right in front of the leader, making a slingshot past me significantly more difficult. Then when I tried it, I lost the rear of the car and almost crashed.

Neil, if that was intentional, great team playing. You helped reduce the blow to your teammate's points lead.

I did nothing wrong.............

Is it possible for you to upload to youtube, the last installation part of that my Norton security wont allow :P

Fun race guys.

Thanks I saw that and appreciated it. 👍

Quali went well for me, nabbed second at the last minute, then BOOM! after an hour forty of practice and quali I suddenly disconnect. :grumpy:

Yeah, Nel did a good job of disrupting your's and Willie's flow which allowed me to retain a 32 point lead going into Laguna. :) (By the way, I don't think he's called Neil. :lol:)

1'42s at Laguna for me, 1'41s are easily doable though. 👍

I did nothing wrong to carracer, I had my race to go for. And I shouldnt have even been there in the 1st place...........:(

I did nothing wrong to carracer, I had my race to go for. And I shouldnt have even been there in the 1st place...........:(

I never said you did. But your presence in the pack helped Willie take the win, therefore carracer pulled me in by 18 points as opposed to 25. :D

Back