• 1,599 comments

Next Series. What do you want it to be?

• European Sports Car Challenge

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow you're doing a lot of practice! :eek: Also, sorry for ruling myself out of this like 2 weeks ago. If I can make it tomorrow I'll join, even if I am only competiting for 4th or 5th.

This is the closest I have been to winning a championship for a while and I don't want to tlet it slip.

And thanks, hope you can make it :)

This is the closest I have been to winning a championship for a while and I don't want to tlet it slip.

And thanks, hope you can make it :)

Ah see, I'm way less bothered to practice no matter what position I'm in the league, only if someone is hosting a lounge like Furi does. It also screwed me over when I tried joining the LMP championship cause I wasn't sure how my GT-One would handle before the race.:lol:

Wow you're doing a lot of practice! :eek: Also, sorry for ruling myself out of this like 2 weeks ago. If I can make it tomorrow I'll join, even if I am only competiting for 4th or 5th.

The battle for 4th is really close though. You, Carbonox and Sagarismic are wholly in there and me, Carracer and MadMax are all in with a shot if we get some decent results. :)

I have to go to college at 13:20 and will not be back until around 4 anyway, so it works out fine. 👍

Edit: I just set a 1.16.194 with full fuel on board. MadMax, I will race you to 1.15's :D

And before you left to scool/college you set a 1'16.195 in the lobby.

I stayed in the lobby testing almost every little tweak at suspension and found more grip.

And did a lap of: 1'16.083 (lap2 3 liters of fuel used)

splits:

27.719 :ouch: I put front left on grass in the double left before T2
lap 1'16.083

So , the race for the first one in 1'15's is on.

MadMax

Well I'm now at a 1'16.596, so I'm gradually getting faster, although I was 0.176 down on MadMax's time at the end of the second sector before the race started and ended my lap. :grumpy:

I just set a 1.15.829 just now. Carbonox was in the room too.

Edit: Tyre wear was set to on but was not actually wearing the tyres, I don't think that time was ligitimate.

stop practising! i will never catch up when i get maybe an hour ahead of the race to practise ^^

Don't think quali times are so important, I managed to win that practice race after a close gamble in the end.

There was 3 people in it lol, and we both went off.

Yes, but I reclaimed the lead after losing it, and held it to the line :dopey:

Obviously it was just a practice race, but cut me some slack, you win nothing by simply getting a good qualifying time.

Yes, but I reclaimed the lead after losing it, and held it to the line :dopey:

Obviously it was just a practice race, but cut me some slack, you win nothing by simply getting a good qualifying time.

You win a great position at the start of the race, which means a lot especially at this track. Unless someone goes off, it's very hard to overtake here.

You win a great position at the start of the race, which means a lot especially at this track. Unless someone goes off, it's very hard to overtake here.

Also my victory can't be deemed undeserved because you went off :) There you see where overly aggressive driving gets you, into the wall while I smoothly make my way past :D

Also my victory can't be deemed undeserved because you went off :) There you see where overly aggressive driving gets you, into the wall while I smoothly make my way past :D

It wasn't over aggressive, I just wasn't used to the slipstream and dirty air and understeered a bit.

It wont be a mistake I would make in a real race.

Don't think quali times are so important, I managed to win that practice race after a close gamble in the end.

Agreed, sure it means you can piece together an excellent lap, but it will be consistent pace without mistakes that wins the day- will be even more apparent with the new tire wear model. :)

My excuse, my car understeers like a truck.

I already know that quali isn't everything, qualified real high in the last race, lost it on the first lap and had to chase from then on ^^

Sometimes I think qualifying lower is better as you can relax and get into a rhythm. Whereas if you start high/pole you're immediately under pressure and prone to making mistakes. :)

I don't usually get pressuered at the front. Last three wins I have had, i have started near the front (although at Tsulkuba I did go back to 10th)

I don't usually get pressuered at the front. Last three wins I have had, i have started near the front (although at Tsulkuba I did go back to 10th)

Yes but you're probably used to it, I haven't had much experience with it so I often make mistakes if I'm out front. Whereas, take for instance Spa, I was pushed into gravel early on and developed a consistent pace/ rhythm which by the end of the race allowed me to have closed from 16 seconds down to 8 from the leader.

Yes but you're probably used to it, I haven't had much experience with it so I often make mistakes if I'm out front. Whereas, take for instance Spa, I was pushed into gravel early on and developed a consistent pace/ rhythm which by the end of the race allowed me to have closed from 16 seconds down to 8 from the leader.

But it may be the case that the leader is fighting or cruising. For example, at Monaco I was just going slowly towards the end as I didn't need to push.

But it may be the case that the leader is fighting or cruising. For example, at Monaco I was just going slowly towards the end as I didn't need to push.

True, but I'm referring more to the start of the race like Tsukuba, where I got a great start to go 1st and was then under huge pressure from about 3 people and couldn't get any rhythm going because I was constantly defending and couldn't use my usual lines. 👍

I think marunda is right. Or at least for some of us :P and i'm such a slow starter that i always get swamped in the first corner, that's pretty stressful. ^^

See I'm a fast starter, so I get up to 1st/2nd/3rd at the start (Tsukuba and Spa) and then find that I'm surrounded by people who attack so much that I can't get a good pace going- so Today I'm going to try and ignore everyone else and just run at my own pace whether I get passed or not. :)

I don't actually think i've ever lost a position at a start recently.

At the end of the day, if you don't think qualifying is important, look at sebastian vettel.

I don't actually think i've ever lost a position at a start recently.

At the end of the day, if you don't think qualifying is important, look at sebastian vettel.

I'm not saying it's not important, I'm just saying that it isn't everything- you can quite easily finish well and more importantly have a fun race without qualifying well just look at Kimi Raikkonen at Suzuka in 2005. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back