• 1,599 comments

Next Series. What do you want it to be?

• European Sports Car Challenge

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really looking forward to some strategy this race. Shame the race length is so short :P

Do you start on inters and hope it stops raining? Do you start on wets and hope the track goes past 70 percent water??? :embarrassed:

I'm starting on inters- depends on the weather settings. 👍

They seem good for about up to 70% water.

Going to start practising now, anyone with a room open? ^^ always much more fun to practise together. Otherwise i'll just open one myself.

PD's servers are garbage.

One more DC and I will be permanently out of Dax's public rooms. This happens nowhere else.

The race was terrific! Definitely my best race of the whole season, that one's going in the history books. Report to come later from my point of view.

BTW, to those who didn't know, I actually have probably run all the races until now with 15 extra kg's from ballast that I apparently have forgotten to remove...

It was a great race indeed! Our fight was epic and as usual i lost out in the end after fending you of for many laps..

Not very sad anyway though since i started third from the back and made up many places just by consistent driving, finally i drove without any big mistakes!

(15 kg extra is what everyone should have.. except me that is.)

Again, I would like to start of by apologizing to Mad. Really shouldn't have been trying to pass when the lag was skipping like that.

So, at the start of the race, we all messed up our grid spots. During this chaos, I was going to dash off to the bathroom. The race started, so I had to run back, grab the controller, and floor it.

Then, after something - I haven't watched the replay yet, I ended up dead last being Max.

I don't think I've ever had a race that went that well before, after such a miserable start. I just seemed like I could auto-pilot low 12s, and thankfully the traffic was nice.

I was watching the time behind the leaders like a hawk. It was 10, then 9, then 8, then 7, then 7, then 6, then 6. I could see Dax was leading with Nel. Once they got organized, it was harder to drag in their lap times.

Since I still had to make a pit stop, in real life and in game, I was basically dancing around the room, waiting for the first pit window lap.

I was coming up behind a racer (sorry, I can't remember your name, but it was a yellow car), passed him just before the pits. Now I'm working my way halfway out the room, trying to make it to the bathroom in time. I think I slid the car into the pit lane, hit Okay, then ran to the nearest bathroom.

I just made it back when my car was exiting the pits. I lost my head and I completely forgot the pit road line rule. All I was thinking was stay ahead of Dax, stay ahead of Dax, stay ahead of Dax.

Then, after the pit stop, my car really handled well. With less fuel in the tank, I could toss it into corners with a bit more angle. Also, I found out I was braking for turn one the wrong way for the past week.

Dax crashed out behind me, and I was in second. Marunda was leading. I couldn't remember if he pitted or not; all I knew was I was 17 seconds behind him. I knew it would take faster laps than I was running to beat him, so I hoped he'd end up in the sand trap at some point. Sorry.

Nel was right behind me, so I couldn't push it too hard, because I knew he'd overtake if anything happened to me.

When I saw marunda go into pit lane, I decided to just hot lap. I figured, if Nel caught me, I could hold him off. Maybe. But the real problem was, rain. I was using racing hards tires because I was pretty sure it wasn't going to rain, but if it did rain, some guys might have gambled and gone with rain intermediate tires.

I figured, even if it started pouring, I would need a considerable lead. I did not know what tires Nel had.

I actually got really lucky, and pulled an 11.8 lap time, mixed in with low 12.1s and 12.2s.

I really can't say I've ever had a race like that. It was a really fun blast, and kind of odd.

Great racing, everyone.

Good race considering the spin. :indiff:

Tried to stay out as long as possible hoping it would start raining, but nay it never happened, and I was forced to pit with very worn tyres. Came out and started hunting down Carb and Niko. Caught up with them on the last lap and then ran wide inot the sand and had to settle for 5th.

Hey Carracer it was me in the yellow car! :) You cut the pit entry line as well so i had to slam the brakes but don't think that made very much difference in the end, you drove 2:12 and even one 2:11 and i was never under 2:14 so it was inevitable.

Anyway i'm pleased that i could keep my 4th after hearing how fast some of you others drove. :)

Hey Carracer it was me in the yellow car! :) You cut the pit entry line as well so i had to slam the brakes but don't think that made very much difference in the end, you drove 2:12 and even one 2:11 and i was never under 2:14 so it was inevitable.

Anyway i'm pleased that i could keep my 4th after hearing how fast some of you others drove. :)

Sorry, I didn't know... I was trying to get out of the room.

Sorry, I didn't know... I was trying to get out of the room.

It's ok, i recognize the feeling ^^ anyway they do the same in f1 so why shouldn't we do it :P your pit exit was worse though haha totally blocked eclat but yeah you got some kind of wrist slap for that so everything is fine now :)

It's ok, i recognize the feeling ^^ anyway they do the same in f1 so why shouldn't we do it :P your pit exit was worse though haha totally blocked eclat but yeah you got some kind of wrist slap for that so everything is fine now :)

Yup, things may have been different if I maintained the lead instead of being blocked. Ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back