Make all cars available from the start?

• Thread starter Earth
  • 894 comments

Make all cars available from the start?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
All that really does is make a hybrid game by trying to accomodate all players by mixing everything together and it just ends up a mishmash. If someone has no interest in earning money and a career, it doesn't really matter how much you change it, it's still a waste of time. At the same time, it doesn't give the players that really want a challenging career what they want either. If I wanted a challenging career where I really had to think about how I spent my money as in GT1-4, getting $100k by spinning a box 2 races into the game will ruin that for me too.

Why not just design different game modes, with each mode tailored to that type of user?

1. Make a challenging career mode with a separate garage and bank account, spiff up the AI, and make the prizes enough to progress through the career but not so much that you have so much money that winning money becomes irrelevant. The career can be completely separate and distinct from the rest of the game, at the players option, or he/she can mix and mingle things as desired just like you do now.

2. Make another mode, completely separate, where you can just choose whatever car you want and race online or in a free race mode, custom series etc. and include tuning and upgrades. Make the mode optional so if a player wants only to use their career bought and earned cars to play the game they can. No one should be forced into this mode it should be an option.

3. In order for the Seasonals winnings not to affect your Career and defeat the purpose of being a struggling up and coming race driver, give the player the option to put Seasonal winnings in a separate account so it can't be spent on cars and upgrades in the career. Instead, if the player has chosen to not use the sandbox mode above, the money can be used to buy and upgrade cars just like in the classic game and they can then be taken online or to a custom career or race mode, but not into the career mode which is entirely self contained.

I think this is a beautiful system:)
You think it is a beautiful system, well it is 100s of lights years away from ever happening to be a beautiful system on what you are talking about. The system that PD has got in place with the GT series is outstanding and there is nothing wrong with it.

You think it is a beautiful system, well it is 100s of lights years away from ever happening to be a beautiful system on what you are talking about. The system that PD has got in place with the GT series is outstanding and there is nothing wrong with it.
But what about the players who just haven't got the time to play GT6 for hours and hours and all they get is a few peanuts that why some players done the money glitch for I am glad I done that. You're with me right buddy?

The system that PD has got in place with the GT series is outstanding and there is nothing wrong with it.

Even by your typical standards of putting together random words and hoping you came up with an argument, this one's a real stretch of the imagination. Even friggin' Tenacious D has talked about how the traditional GT structure (or, at least, the traditional GT structure as mangled by GT5 and GT6) could use improvement.

I own 600+ cars in GT6, and 1200+ in GT5...

I'm just gonna ignore the rest of that novel you posted because it was just general rambling and arguing with a point that Johnny didn't even make. But I do find it quite impressive that you own more than 1200 cars in GT5, as it has a grand total of 1088 cars in the game... In all seriousness though, clearly you're just making things up to support your point. Despite your lack of understanding of what you're actually arguing against lol.

There is huge sense of accomplishment in buying the cars.

One of the most addictive features of any game, if you notice, involves item upgrading, character development, leveling up, stuff like that... i'm sure there is a word for this, but i'm not an expert. This is a crucial feature to the GT series and it will effectively keep a good chunk of people playing the game, SPECIALLY those who don't race online that much, they just want to collect/drive the cars. That means more money, pure and simple.

Forza has a good deal, imo. At least FM4, the only one i ever played for a while... You can buy tokens, which you use to buy the multi-million cars, for a few bucks, like $2 or $5, i dont remember... PROPER micro-transactions.

I spend most of my time online and i only have the cars i really want, about 300, including all 20mil cars, and i do have a (very) busy life, and i'm not wasting too much time grinding and collecting so i'm not "supporting" my own preferences, but i'm pretty sure it would ruin the game for billions :eek:

Cheers :cheers:

PS - I'm not saying the system is perfect, i'm sure a lot can be improved, as everything else in any product. Better system, yes. Remove an entire feature and all the stuff that's tied to it, never.

Last edited:
Leveling up is a good word for it. Also, GT6 has done one good thing: The micro-transactions are hidden away so that you don't get them in your face like FM5.

You still don't get that GT is not PCars where you develop a career as a racedriver...
The GT series has always had racing and racing through a simulated career as a basis for gameplay.

So, basically, you want to introduce in one game, two different types of game? "1. Copy and paste Project Cars" "2. Make a game with zero challenge, zero sense of achievement, zero sense of ownership." Although I understand what you say, doing what you said in "2", is the same as playing fallout or GTA or whatever in god mode... You play the game just to say "I played this game, yay for me"...
A game based around racing isn't challenging? That's news to me and I'm sure the 1 million people that have purchased PCars in the last month. Part of my solution is to offer up a challenging career mode similar to what was available in previous GT's but with a closed economy so it's more of a challenge and more intense. But also with the option at the players discretion to use or not use the money earned from Seasonals in their career. And an option for other players for whom racing offline isn't appealing, to enjoy the elements of the game they enjoy most. What is wrong with such a system if we all get to play the way we want to play, the best suits our own desires and needs?
All I "presented" was solutions for a problem (for me wasn't a problem, since I own 600+ cars in GT6, and 1200+ in GT5...), and you just said "open a box in the first two races and get 100k will ruin it for me", when you clearly didn't even get the idea behind the "boxes"...
Funny how you crush your own arguments... "I don't want to grind to buy a car" "getting money from a box (that would help you so you wouldn't need to grind anymore) ruins it for me"... So you don't like to grind, but if something helps you so you don't need to, you still don't like? Makes sense... I guess... not...
An offline career doesn't appeal to me as a way to progress through the game. Adding in a way to make more money to please a player like me, to my thinking anyway, would nerf the career mode by giving players so much money that it makes the small prizes earned in the career mode inconsequential. I'd rather split the two modes so that each can be specifically designed to enhance that particular kind of gameplay, rather than a bunch of mishmashes and comprimises in an attempt to please every with one style of gameplay.

But yeah, I want better AI and no more "rabbit chase", so in this I'm in the same page as you.
👍

You think that is a beautiful system? Well, now if it's not "beautiful" for me and other people? And wouldn't be easier make a game that somehow fulfills everyone's needs? Why not give us a game with better AI (with difficulty settings), better sounds and better prizes so you won't need to grind for hours to get a Huayra? Why complicate and create three different games, which would confuse most of the starters?
How is it not beautiful for you if you get to play a wonderful, challenging career mode, where the racing is fun and challenging and you have to manage your money as you go to buy good cars and parts to win races? And I get to run off and drive and tune cars and race online? I'm sure that GT players are more than capable of following simple instructions so I'm not concerned about whether anyone will be confused. Better AI is good, better sound is good but again, better prizes in a portion of the game I'm not interested in isn't an attractive option, and as I mentioned above, what's the point of having a career based on earning money to buy cars and race, and being challenged to manage your budget, if you are just given gobs of money at will. The challenge of managing your finances, adding upgrades as you can afford them to enter various series, scanning the car lots for the best performing car that fits your budget was an essential element of GT1-4 and I'd like to see that return. It might even make me try the career mode if the AI was decent.

I'll put it this way, do you have any Battlefield? If so, imagine this, you start the game with the initial crappy weapons, and other players choose to go the easy way, and get all from the beggining, all the OP weapons and equipment that give them advantage over you, how would you feel?
The only FPS I played was COD4. I'd feel fine because I chose the hard way and not the easy way and a better sense of satisfaction if I can still win in spite of my handicap. If it was too much of a handicap, I'd just choose to use all the weapons at my disposal online. I'd be happy I had both options at my disposal.

Now that would be a problem right? And now tell me, how many games do that? Why do you think they don't do it? I know you will come with the argument "but other game's campaign are not boring like GT's", well, guess what, for me Driveclub gets boring, Need For Speed gets boring (kind of), even Far Cry 4 gets boring despite being an amazing game (for me of course)...
I'm not well versed in what other games do so I can't comment on them really. Most of the other games I've played in the last few years have been either racing sims, a bit of Uncharted 3, Banished, Age of Empires etc. Games which for the most part don't require going through hoops to acquire content. I was disappointed when I downloaded GT Legends to find all the cars locked behind progression so I put it away after a couple of nights. Then I found a code online to unlock all the cars and went back to it:sly:.

IMO, the diversity and longevity of the GT player fanbase, combined with the availability of peer to peer racing, behooves PD to take a long, hard look at how to appease the fanbase with a more diverse and personalized approach to gameplay so we can all tailor the game to some degree to suit our interests, our availability and the level of challenge we desire. I see no downside to this.

I'll put it this way, do you have any Battlefield? If so, imagine this, you start the game with the initial crappy weapons, and other players choose to go the easy way, and get all from the beggining, all the OP weapons and equipment that give them advantage over you, how would you feel? And now tell me, how many games do that?
Any game with an unlock-based microtransaction system already does do that, and they have grown increasingly common over the previous generation. GT6 is, technically, already like that; though going on two years after release that ability to simply buy your way to the top of the heap has already died down to pretty much nothing. To a lesser extent, GT5 was like that as well with some of the expensive special edition copies.

You mean like the one that is hidden away? That is the most unintrusive I have EVER seen on any game, including other games where you can win easily without paying?

The GT series has always had racing and racing through a simulated career as a basis for gameplay.

A game based around racing isn't challenging? That's news to me and I'm sure the 1 million people that have purchased PCars in the last month. Part of my solution is to offer up a challenging career mode similar to what was available in previous GT's but with a closed economy so it's more of a challenge and more intense. But also with the option at the players discretion to use or not use the money earned from Seasonals in their career. And an option for other players for whom racing offline isn't appealing, to enjoy the elements of the game they enjoy most. What is wrong with such a system if we all get to play the way we want to play, the best suits our own desires and needs?
An offline career doesn't appeal to me as a way to progress through the game. Adding in a way to make more money to please a player like me, to my thinking anyway, would nerf the career mode by giving players so much money that it makes the small prizes earned in the career mode inconsequential. I'd rather split the two modes so that each can be specifically designed to enhance that particular kind of gameplay, rather than a bunch of mishmashes and comprimises in an attempt to please every with one style of gameplay.

👍

How is it not beautiful for you if you get to play a wonderful, challenging career mode, where the racing is fun and challenging and you have to manage your money as you go to buy good cars and parts to win races? And I get to run off and drive and tune cars and race online? I'm sure that GT players are more than capable of following simple instructions so I'm not concerned about whether anyone will be confused. Better AI is good, better sound is good but again, better prizes in a portion of the game I'm not interested in isn't an attractive option, and as I mentioned above, what's the point of having a career based on earning money to buy cars and race, and being challenged to manage your budget, if you are just given gobs of money at will. The challenge of managing your finances, adding upgrades as you can afford them to enter various series, scanning the car lots for the best performing car that fits your budget was an essential element of GT1-4 and I'd like to see that return. It might even make me try the career mode if the AI was decent.

The only FPS I played was COD4. I'd feel fine because I chose the hard way and not the easy way and a better sense of satisfaction if I can still win in spite of my handicap. If it was too much of a handicap, I'd just choose to use all the weapons at my disposal online. I'd be happy I had both options at my disposal.

I'm not well versed in what other games do so I can't comment on them really. Most of the other games I've played in the last few years have been either racing sims, a bit of Uncharted 3, Banished, Age of Empires etc. Games which for the most part don't require going through hoops to acquire content. I was disappointed when I downloaded GT Legends to find all the cars locked behind progression so I put it away after a couple of nights. Then I found a code online to unlock all the cars and went back to it:sly:.

IMO, the diversity and longevity of the GT player fanbase, combined with the availability of peer to peer racing, behooves PD to take a long, hard look at how to appease the fanbase with a more diverse and personalized approach to gameplay so we can all tailor the game to some degree to suit our interests, our availability and the level of challenge we desire. I see no downside to this.

So you don't like grinding, we get that. But repeating yourself over and over again trying to win this thread is actually grinding.

Lead by example, Johnny.

I could care less. It's supposed to be a discussion, and that's exactly what people here are doing, excluding you.

I tried at first, trust me but there alot of ignorant, small mind people in here that refuse to listen because its not the same as there opinion but whatever.

The arcade mode is the only place where you have access to the cars, and not at the start.
I feel, if anything, that's the main place that should have all cars unlocked regardless of single player progression, at least.

I tried at first, trust me but there alot of ignorant, small mind people in here that refuse to listen because its not the same as there opinion but whatever.
Oh the irony
smiley-laughing001.gif

The arcade mode is the only place where you have access to the cars, and not at the start.
No, actually. For GT6 that simply isn't a true statement. The titles before that, sure; but with GT6 you always have had the ability to do exactly that if you're willing to pay for it.

You mean like the one that is hidden away? That is the most unintrusive I have EVER seen on any game, including other games where you can win easily without paying?
So what? None of those qualifiers factor into the hypothetical scenario provided by dacc10.

If a system exists in GT6 allows you to simply bypass (legitimately) part of the "challenge" or "satisfaction" or "work" or whatever term of endearment you want to use to describe the car acquiring process in the game, then GT6 remains an example of what he was describing just the same as the recent Battlefield titles with their "unlock everything" packs have been. As was Forza 4 and 5. As do countless mobile titles. GT6's system is no longer practical (since the actual microtransacations were always so expensive) or even particularly useful (since approaching two years into the game's life is kind of late to expect to be able to just buy your way to the top of online racing rooms). But that doesn't change that the system has always existed and undoubtedly was put to effect in the early days of the game to give some people a leg up on others; especially since Sony even made that exact thing a perk for preordering the game from certain retailers, so you didn't even have to pay to get it.

So he should just not discuss at all? Ridiculous post is ridiculous. :lol:
Strange that hall90 gets a pass, too.

:lol:

Think about it, this threads getting no were.
And yet strangely you keep posting for no other reason than to remind everyone of that.

Except I'm actually debating something with people. You're doing nothing more than repeatedly saying that people shouldn't be allowed to debate it at all simply because you're upset that people didn't agree with you; and being particularly transparent about it at that.

Anything else?

i know right :lol:

Because i see you're wasting your time but you refuse to see it. you want all cars unlocked go find a game that gives you that.
And you're not, by chiming in with these redundant one liners that more often than not have nothing to do with the subject at hand, but more so just going around telling people to go find a different game?

I tried at first, trust me but there alot of ignorant, small mind people in here...

• "A lot".
  • Insulting people is neither debating, nor acceptable.

that refuse to listen because its not the same as there opinion but whatever.

That is precisely what you are doing.

I'm not upset that people didn't agree with me, im upset people keep accusing me of doing something that i've not done and dismissing my opinion but being a girl gamer i get that alot. nothing us girls say gets taken on board. boys always know best.

That you're now trying to play the sex card is also insulting.

Use proper grammar. You agreed to when joining the site.

(EDIT) ...and stop double-posting.

I'm not upset that people didn't agree with me, im upset people keep accusing me of doing something that i've not done and dismissing my opinion but being a girl gamer i get that alot. nothing us girls say gets taken on board. boys always know best.
If there's anything I find annoying, it's when a gender card is pulled when people don't agree with someone, as if someone was attacking you because of that fact. The funny thing is, I'm willing to bet that no one even knew you're a female(I sure as hell didn't.) Ridiculous thing to bring up,really

I'm not upset that people didn't agree with me
That's presumably why you keep taking members to task for beating a tired thread into the ground and wasting their time...

So long as they are the ones who disagreed with you. The ones who happened to share your viewpoint when you were actually expressing it, and are literally copy-pasting past posts that were demonstrably false the first dozen times they posted them, are instead showered with likes.

being girl gamer i get that alot. nothing us girls say gets taken on board. boys always know best.
I have to imagine that few, if any, people in this thread actually knew the thing that they were supposed to be predisposed against you for being.

[QUOTE="SlipZtrEm, post: 10768762, member: 15895"

That you're now trying to play the sex card is also insulting.

Use proper grammar. You agreed to when joining the site.

(EDIT) ...and stop double-posting.[/QUOTE]

I'll shut up then :scared:

Back