Manufacturer Team Championship! Season 2 is coming! See last page!

• Thread starter EivlEvo
  • 771 comments

How many events would you like from this series? What Day/Time is best?

Votes: 3 6.3%

Votes: 1 2.1%

Votes: 6 12.5%

Votes: 11 22.9%

Votes: 5 10.4%

Votes: 5 10.4%

Votes: 4 8.3%

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • I could give a rats...

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Weeknights GMT

• Saturday Morning GMT

• Saturday Afternoon GMT

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Saturday Evening GMT

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Saturday Night GMT

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Sunday Morning GMT

• Sunday Afternoon GMT

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Sunday Evening GMT

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Sunday Night GMT

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Also do not care...

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
I think you should give us the final Races rules though so I can get trying stuff out :P
I'm bored give me something to do haha, I might end up running the WRS qualifier as I havent done that in GT5 yet.. I hate the ring though don't make me resort to that!

Last edited:
All of that said... then we'll be postponing the event until Saturday July 30th. If anyone has issues with this, let me know.

I'll be posting race information later tonight!

Thanks squad!

Race 6 Information is posted in ORANGE. Please note the red changes (these are because of the track (damage) and because I wanted it to be a balls to the wall event if we're going to wait). So dust off whatever you've had lurking in that garage. Race cars, yep, aero, yep, concept, probably, tuner, probably!

Lets have some FUN!

Also note the date for this event will be on the 30th.

That is going to be tough. Might as well turn irritating. A long circuit, with a narrow track. I hope this does not turn to a crushfest.

Well this will be interesting Audi will probably use a R8 road car and Subaru will use a gt300 race car and Nurburgring the hardest track in the game that I know VERY well in my pocket rocket amuse S2000 GT1 turbo so I think it will be the driver and the car that will decide this race.
Evo here's a tip do a CLEAN race don't spin you will do well here :lol:

Any chance the track we will be using has the time change on be sweet to start in late evening an set it so the race finishes just into the night. Just a thought hope no one was gonna use a car with no lights lol

Ugh :banghead: the 'ring..
I guess its about time I start going round this thing..
I have always avoided it for some reason, people say they love it.
I've only ever been round out of necessity & even then in an OP car because I don't know the track.
I guess I'll be hitting the 4hr endurance in my chosen car to try & find the best out of it/learn the track.
I expect to be right at the back of this one. I've got 2 weeks to learn a track that I guess most of you already know 100%
I think I know which car to use though.

Wow, missed an interesting race!
I am glad there will be a second season and hopefully I won't be away for half of it!
lets hope BMW does well at the ring!

So I've started practising at hell, (see what I did there) I can't get a good consistent lap. I always make some small mistake that has me spinning for miles or crashing.
I get about an hour into the 4hr endurance & get fed up as I've made far too many mistakes to finish 1st.
I roughly know the layout of the track know, I know what's coming up next I just can't push too much because I don't know it that well.
Hopefully I can be fast-ish & consistent by the race.

So I've started practising at hell, (see what I did there) I can't get a good consistent lap. I always make some small mistake that has me spinning for miles or crashing.
I get about an hour into the 4hr endurance & get fed up as I've made far too many mistakes to finish 1st.
I roughly know the layout of the track know, I know what's coming up next I just can't push too much because I don't know it that well.
Hopefully I can be fast-ish & consistent by the race.

I'll see about implementing time change... that'd be SWEEET!

As for learning the track... do the mercedes benz academy thingy. It will have you loving that track in no time. And remember... take your time. With the ring, its more about consistency than raw speed. One little biffup will have you off the pace for days. But if you slow down and think about what you're doing... you might be "slower" than a hot lap, but you'll be faster than if you wad it up 4 times. Not to mention... a narrow LONG track with this lot, I expect some people will have the same problems.

This is a track where you don't pass when you catch the fellow ahead of you, you pass when you catch him AND theres ROOM for BOTH cars. Remember, the car in front ALWAYS has the right to the racing line.

Yay for time change :-D means I can't use furai thou lol dont think pp would go low enough anyway unless I took a leaf outta my team mates book lol. I gave him a hard time about that lol :-)

Just done some laps in the mazda (its a secret which one) were looking at a average lap of just under 8mins on a 5lap stint anyone else brave enough to of laid down a few practice laps?

Last edited:
Hows everyone coming along?

Also... just to clarify as I've been getting some PMs about such things.

1. Season 2, should it go on, will not employ some sort of elitist selectivity... Each of you will be offered an opportunity to participate, so don't fret m8's... you'll be invited back and have the option to decline or accept.

2. As for season 2 manufacturers. NONE of the manufacturers that have been currently used will be available. So not only can I not take Ford... but none of YOU can take Ford either. This may change... but for now, this is what the plan is.

Hows everyone coming along?

Also... just to clarify as I've been getting some PMs about such things.

1. Season 2, should it go on, will not employ some sort of elitist selectivity... Each of you will be offered an opportunity to participate, so don't fret m8's... you'll be invited back and have the option to decline or accept.

2. As for season 2 manufacturers. NONE of the manufacturers that have been currently used will be available. So not only can I not take Ford... but none of YOU can take Ford either. This may change... but for now, this is what the plan is.

YEYE! I am back from Argentina. I can participate once again in this great league! :D I am back suckers.

alright guys.. bad news... Im not going to be anywhere near home next weekend.. And i really dont want to miss the final race between us (subaru) and audi, but i dont want to make you guys have to wait do to another postponing, honeslty i dont want to wait either 2 weeks is long enough to wait for the seaon finally! I can get a sub and the race can go as planned.. but obviously it would be optimal for me to race in it. but me and Evo just wanna know what everyone thinks is best :)

FFFING SH**!!! I am so sorry I wasnt able to compete! I am sorry I didnt tell ya guys that I had some stomach problems! Sorry for not attending!

EDIT: I thought I missed it... but no, its on the July 30th... holy **** I crapped myself when I saw that!

Last edited:
MOTORTRENDmitch
alright guys.. bad news... Im not going to be anywhere near home next weekend.. And i really dont want to miss the final race between us (subaru) and audi, but i dont want to make you guys have to wait do to another postponing, honeslty i dont want to wait either 2 weeks is long enough to wait for the seaon finally! I can get a sub and the race can go as planned.. but obviously it would be optimal for me to race in it. but me and Evo just wanna know what everyone thinks is best :)

So we still keeping it for 30th then?

Mr. CoolFiat
FFFING SH**!!! I am so sorry I wasnt able to compete! I am sorry I didnt tell ya guys that I had some stomach problems! Sorry for not attending!

EDIT: I thought I missed it... but no, its on the July 30th... holy **** I crapped myself when I saw that!

Hehe :lol: I thought it was yesterday as well but still a week

Back