Mclaren W1 - P1 Successor (P18)

'Halo' cars should look special. This does not.

Don't know whether there's just too many super/hyper cars being produced right now, but this just gets lost in the rabble. There's nothing special looking or stand out about it.

The interior is a bit different though, i'll give them that. Probably the best i've seen in modern times for this kind of car. Just wish McLaren would do something else with the steering wheel airbag/boss. It always looked like an afterthought, but now they seem to carry it on from car to car like some sort of 'quirky' feature. It just looks dumb. Although it is refreshingly free of manettinos.

New video, but no new news...

I have been refraining from saying it, but the front especially the LED DRL is too similar to the Tesla Model S...

The design of this car is lacking latin passion, a bit too clinical

I am sure it is a great car, but the soul doesn't yearn for it...

A great car has to be balanced in all of it exudes, and this one has to resort on some fake video special effects too much like Transformers or Fast and Furious...
None of the things I like. Too much fake.
If the car can't speak for itself, I am going to keep my 2 millions in the bank...

Last edited:
Apparently one owner can't wait to place his car in storage for twenty years.
I mean why even be a billionaire? :lol:

"Cory Spondent" is the author of the satire articles Top Gear makes when it wants to be the motoring news equivalent of The Onion, just making sure you noticed. :lol:

That said, while nobody's really going to be quoted as intending to keep a new, sealed W1 as an investment, even with careful vetting and promising to drive it, you can bet one of the buyers will do almost exactly this.

McLaren F1 #060 was still wrapped in plastic in 2017. There are P1s for sale now with three digits on the odo. Australian app-selling billionaire Adrian Portelli had his McLaren Senna craned into his 57th floor penthouse in Melbourne, I assume it will never drive again.

It's unfortunate that the only people who can afford these ultimate driving machines are art collectors and investors, so that's most of what a McLaren does: sit in a room, appreciating value for a richer, greater fool.

It's interesting one would really even consider such a route. This a highly limited production car that's already spoken for. You'll be able to own one, put some miles on it, & then find a broker/auction house that will be able to net you a profit (or at least, your investment back) in the first 2 years as production still finishes. All you have to do is just make sure you don't do some wild spec that turns everyone off. McLaren's also a safe brand to resell b/c they're more than happy to keep taking money from whoever is willing to fork it over.

Last edited:
Back