Michelin Alpin Time Trial Challenge Offers VIP Trip to the GT World Series Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 121 comments
First test in snow at Lake Louise.
In the TT52 I got silver and here I did less well with this bronze medal in 1'42'322 with an optimal time of 1'42'049. All this is far from gold and this means that snow TTs are not for me. Maybe I'll come back one day or not..

1000003578.jpg

First test in snow at Lake Louise.
In the TT52 I got silver and here I did less well with this bronze medal in 1'42'322 with an optimal time of 1'42'049. All this is far from gold and this means that snow TTs are not for me. Maybe I'll come back one day or not..

View attachment 1399331
You got this Champ, you just got to get used to it, you'll gold it i'm sure!

You got this Champ, you just got to get used to it, you'll gold it i'm sure!
Thank you very much for my friend for your encouragement it gave me motivation to have the silver. :cheers::cheers:
But I feel like I'm at the end of the snow.
Improve my time at 1'41'272
1000003584.jpg

Thanks a lot my dear friend :cheers:
I'll watch your slow motion on YouTube more carefully to see where I can still win. 😉😉

Last edited:
I shared a replay of my "best" lap in GT7 and you can watch the video below too. Using AT and controller, if you spot obvious issues, feel free to chime in.

Good lap but improvement is possible. Have you checked my video "how to drive on snow" can give you some clues how to pass turns faster.

Good lap but improvement is possible. Have you checked my video "how to drive on snow" can give you some clues how to pass turns faster.
No, but I'll watch it. Thanks.

[Edit]I've watched it now, but I am afraid it does not help me much. If I turn less my car ends up in the exterior wall sooner. I'll need to watch other videos to catch more clues.

Last edited:
My god, after hours of trying, I was stuck in 1:39.6xx, but I know I had 39,3xx so close, and finally an almost perfect lap for me and 1:39.200, even I screw S1 alittle and my optimal is 1:38.948!

Hopefully this time will be enough for gold, I can't improve this anymore, I try to save my repetition, but don't know why, any of my repetition keep save on my user, maybe my username change is the cause? Don't know.

Edit: I found the replay, I upload to youtube, I notice a lot of mistakes, but is the best lap I can achive right now, the first lap was PB too, but I know that I can improve in that precise moment.

Attachments

• 192b02eab718-screenshotUrl.jpg
    192b02eab718-screenshotUrl.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 192b02ecbf668-screenshotUrl.jpg
    192b02ecbf668-screenshotUrl.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I shared a replay of my "best" lap in GT7 and you can watch the video below too. Using AT and controller, if you spot obvious issues, feel free to chime in.

I think most time can be gained if you try getting closer to the inside wall in some corners. If you do this on turn 2 and 3 you can probably gain 1,5-2 seconds alone

For example, if you look at Gomario JSP's replay he's so close he almost touches the wall in both corners

Last edited:
I think most time can be gained if you try getting closer to the inside wall in some corners. If you do this on turn 2 and 3 you can probably gain 1,5-2 seconds alone
I agree, if only gravity/momentum would stop pulling me towards the outside walls or the tyres could find some traction 😅

Hopefully things will improve with some more laps, I am in awe seeing how much speed and traction the fast players manage to find.

I agree, if only gravity/momentum would stop pulling me towards the outside walls or the tyres could find some traction 😅

Hopefully things will improve with some more laps, I am in awe seeing how much speed and traction the fast players manage to find.
Mate, check this post.

Edit, in case Facebook link don't work for some reasons, check this post on Facebook group Gran Turismo 7, check that video, it will tell you a lot.

1000029341.png

Last edited:
Wait, whaat... Free food also...I better hurry then...
View attachment 1399373

Nice time with gyro controll.

And the P1 at 904 Turn to 862. The beef are crazy or what ))

Barareklam, today the circuit experience with Peugeot gr.b turn to 1.35, and he is not a Japanese. Camit is in second now.

Edit... Information of last minute: beefpasty have now 1:36.778

Last edited:
Nice time with gyro controll.

And the P1 at 904 Turn to 862. The beef are crazy or what ))

Barareklam, today the circuit experience with Peugeot gr.b turn to 1.35, and he is not a Japanese. Camit is in second now.

Edit... Information of last minute: beefpasty have now 1:36.778
This TT beef is crazy, I don't know what time be safe for gold at this progression, aliens are insane

I am usually able to get gold but on this TT it is not going to happen. It is kind of hard to tell how much throttle input you have to use to get out of the slow corners. It feels very slow no matter what. Do you guys use the handbrake to rotate the car or not at all?

For example, if you look at Gomario JSP's replay he's so close he almost touches the wall in both corners
Embrace the wall, if it wasn't for the fixed livery it would have been on the back as decal like always :lol:

@Lomic it's not the easiest way of getting around a track indeed.
Try to smoothy chain the corners, for example the first corner of S2, try to approach it as one corner instead of 2, if you hit it just right it one big slide while braking into 2nd ( some do 3th though ) deep into the downhill section.

For the exit of downhill lefthander ( around 52 second on your lap ) you should be all the way on the outside, if you only lift of for rotation you shoul be able to go flat out around the outside.

The downhill right hander afer that isn't bad at all! that's the way to do it, and finally that last section, just try to smootlhy get that weighttransfer going , at 1:17 for example.... you don't have to be that aggressive, try to be a little more gently.

Plus, i think TCS doesn't help you at all here,

So, smooth it out and string them together, you got this mate!

Meanwhile.....

I binned some real things this morning...
had my fastest S1 ever with a .169 but not on this lap ofcourse :boggled::lol::lol:

Did stole 2 places back in the top 100 :lol: :lol:

192b2e9fc359-screenshotUrl.jpg

192b2e9ee9618-screenshotUrl.jpg

slowly creaping up to @Barareklam :lol::lol:, the competition for free food is insane here :lol::lol:

@SPDN Stefano nope, i don't use the handbrake at all here

Last edited:
lake-louise-long.png

@Lomic
Try to smoothy chain the corners, for example the first corner of S2, try to approach it as one corner instead of 2 if you hit it just right it one big slide while braking into 2nd ( some do 3th though ) deep into the downhill section.
Turn 5 & 6 ? Wall in turn 6 is my pet peeve...
For the exit of downhill lefthander ( around 52 second on your lap ) you should be all the way on the outside, if you only lift of for rotation you shoul be able to go flat out around the outside.
ok, a bit like T1, the slope on the exterior should prevent me from hitting the wall, right ?
The downhill right hander afer that isn't bad at all! that's the way to do it
That's the only one I am at ease with 😅
and finally that last section, just try to smootlhy get that weighttransfer going
weighttransfer ? you mean from left to right ? aggressive in which way ? how much I turn the car, or how much I rev it ?
Plus, i think TCS doesn't help you at all here,
I struggle a lot with traction on the snow, you think I shouldn't use TCS ? I would fear it to be much worse without TCS.

Thanks for all those hints, they will add up hopefully with what I could get from @Barareklam's videos and posts.

lake-louise-long.png

Turn 5 & 6 ? Wall in turn 6 is my pet peeve...

ok, a bit like T1, the slope on the exterior should prevent me from hitting the wall, right ?

That's the only one I am at ease with 😅

weighttransfer ? you mean from left to right ? aggressive in which way ? how much I turn the car, or how much I rev it ?

I struggle a lot with traction on the snow, you think I shouldn't use TCS ? I would fear it to be much worse without TCS.

Thanks for all those hints, they will add up hopefully with what I could get from @Barareklam's videos and posts.
In case you are not using Ghost, load one, it does not have to be THE fastest ghost, set it on 0.4 second in front of you and reset on every sector and try to follow it, ghost will tell you a lot how to position the car. Yes turn off all assists, they are not needed on snow at all.
You can play with throttle sliding through T5 until you reach apex of T6 then floor it, third gear in T6.

watch the replay of ghost through T5 and watch what he is doing with gears and throttle, a lot of info to learn in that replay

Last edited:
The bit I'm having trouble with is stopping the sideways movement - corners like #3 for example. How do you (@Gomario JSP and @Barareklam) brake so little, get on throttle so early, yet get forward momentum instead of just sliding into the wall?

In case you are not using Ghost, load one, it does not have to be THE fastest ghost, set it on 0.4 second in front of you and reset on every sector and try to follow it
I already use one, but the most convenient ghosts to find (right in the rankings while in the TT) are the faster ones most of the time. I need to search a slower one from the showcase, otherwise the ghost is too far most of the time, even with resets.
Yes turn off all assists, they are not needed on snow at all.
Ok I'll give a go this way. Curious to figure out how it would be better given how much I already spin into oblivion with assists 😅
watch the replay of ghost through T5 and watch what he is doing with gears and throttle, a lot of info to learn in that replay
My brain can't figure out manual gearbox with a controller, too much fingers to use at the same time, and I use my right thumb to get a good grip of the controller, so it is not available to use square an x to shift.

Thanks for your advices guys !

The bit I'm having trouble with is stopping the sideways movement - corners like #3 for example. How do you (@Gomario JSP and @Barareklam) brake so little, get on throttle so early, yet get forward momentum instead of just sliding into the wall?
Exactly ! It's a mystery to me too 😱 (in about every corner, not just #3 😅 )

Last edited:
MichelinTT-10laps-2.jpg

Another try, without assists except ABS, effectively it does not seem to worsen the situation in terms of traction so no reason to use assists.

Deltas are all over the place all around the track, losing 0.4 there, gaining them back and more in next turn, then losing again and so on, I need more than a second in blue to hope cross the line with an improvement.

Still wondering how much I should rev the engine, high pitch is bad or not ? Should I stay alwayson lower revs ?

What ABS do you use for this one?
I am pretty sure it is default, havent checked but can't remember changing it from default for really long time. I can check when I get home and confirm.

Regarding T3, I go all the way to the right at the very end of T2, heavy rotation to T3, I mean I am way before T3 apex in moment of rotation, while I rotate car my steering input is to the left and as soon as I got rotation steering input is then to the right in order to pull out car out of that turn. Depending how I sense car is rotating I can correct it left right quickly, it can be both before apex and after and keep in mind that car pointing to T4 at the apex of T3 as good as possible. If car is rotated much after you exit T3 you are not getting maximum speed. Try to aim to keep car straight pointing into distance, that gives more speed.

You are right if I floor it before apex of T3 I might hit the wall on right side between T3 and T4, so I am just trying to sense it, I play with the throttle, let's say it goes between 25% and 75% of throttle before T3 apex, and then 100% at the apex all the way until braking point to T5.

I know you are not using ghost but I think you can test it in this case, I think one that is at 1:37.9** might work very well, and I think it will not block the view at 0.4 and since movements through some slow corners, T3, T6, last one... you will be able to follow what ghost do since there is so much time to react... maybe worth a shot.

I can share my lap if you want. I think I am saving PB ones and I think none of them has 29 flat on first sector, kinda felt no need to save invalidated lap, but if my lap can help you, just say.
You are doing so much for the thread so if you want I can do video lap comparison of your lap vs mine or fastest replay if you want. I mean after all you have done for me, please allow me to return the favour :)

That would be great, thanks.

Even better, thank you for the generous offer. I've not saved any laps, but will have a stint some time today and send you the YouTube link. :cheers:
no no, do not uplaod it to YouTube, share it in game, give me keyword how to find it and I will download it from game, works better like that compared to downlaoding it from YT

Edit* I do have my PB lap in PS app on phone, how do you want to see it, on YT or in game as replay?
Edit2 if you want it on YT, I have saved bumper view, cockpit view and follow cam view, which one you want?

Last edited:
Still wondering how much I should rev the engine, high pitch is bad or not ? Should I stay alwayson lower revs ?
Generally speaking you should try being in as high revs as possible without banging the rev limiter

Edit: This ia a general rule, there are a couple places where being in lower revs helps

Last edited:
no no, do not uplaod it to YouTube, share it in game, give me keyword how to find it and I will download it from game, works better like that compared to downlaoding it from YT

Edit* I do have my PB lap in PS app on phone, how do you want to see it, on YT or in game as replay?
Edit2 if you want it on YT, I have saved bumper view, cockpit view and follow cam view, which one you want?
Got it re sharing mine - will do.
Re yours - I can get it in-game. Have you tagged it, or do I search by your name?

Back