Monaco track coming to GT7? (GTWS teaser)

• Thread starter MicVic10
  • 38 comments
Romania
Romania
EDIT: As confirmed by a collective effort, those are most likely just recent photos of the place, a Scapes at best.
In the teaser for the GTWS finale there is a shot of the Monaco hairpin that looks game engine to me.
Notice the text at the bottom too.
Monaco track incoming? Hopefully this is not wishful thinking.

Screenshot_20221121-170454.jpg

Screenshot_20221121-170744.jpg

Last edited:
God I hope so. Monaco returning would be massive.

But I doubt it. The track's licensing costs are notoriously expensive, so if PD didn't want to pay for bringing Lotus back, I seriously doubt they'll pay to get Monaco in there. Who knows, maybe we'll see the return of the famed "Cote d'Azur", somehow located in France. :lol:

lol i saw this immediately thought it was real life. maybe GT8 will look like that
Balconies look too flat for it to be real life IMHO. I had your opposite reaction, immediately when I saw it "this has to be game engine". Lighting looks fake to me, and the road texture looks repetitive, or "fake", almost like the asphalt is too flat.

Last edited:
There appears to be Christmas lights hanging from the street lamp in the centre and the barriers that normally line the track are also not in the image. Its either a Scape or more likely just a recently taken photograph.

There appears to be Christmas lights hanging from the street lamp in the centre and the barriers that normally line the track are also not in the image. Its either a Scape or more likely just a recently taken photograph.
Yeah, Christmas decoration on the street lamp, you are correct.
I'm beyond disappointed.

Yeah, you're right. I don't get the point of "captured on PS5" though. I still can't quite figure out why the photo looks fake to me. Maybe a Scapes location only...
"Captured on PS5" is just at the start of the entire video. Unless you want this guys feet to be in game. It's referring to the gameplay footage later in the video.

1669046699933.png

It's just captured photos/videos. At best a scape.

Well, no guard rails...
Yes, we could have it without guard rails, but highly unlikely IMHO.
So, high probability of Scapes only.

"Captured on PS5" is just at the start of the entire video. Unless you want this guys feet to be in game. It's referring to the gameplay footage later in the video.

View attachment 1209685

It's just captured photos/videos. At best a scape.
This guy's feet are clearly confirmed to be coming in the 25th anniversary update. How exciting!

Yeah, you're right. I don't get the point of "captured on PS5" though. I still can't quite figure out why the photo looks fake to me. Maybe a Scapes location only...
Because the photo has no doubt been edited in software to provide the deisred colours and lighting the art team behind the video were going for. Doesn't make it a render though, it's most certainly not a render. We are highly unlikely to see that track back in Gran Turismo for licensing reasons, but it's a great track.

Last edited:
Because the photo has no doubt been edited in software to provide the deisred colours and lighting the art team behind the video were going for. Doesn't make it a render though, it's most certainly not a render. We are highly unlikely to see that track back in Gran Turismo for licensing reasons, but it's a great track.
Isn't the track on public road? then call it cote d'azur

Isn't the track on public road? then call it cote d'azur
Not that simple, whilst you can do that in many places, it's not allowed in Monaco without a corresponding (and what I believe rather costly) license.

This is no proof whatsoever that Monaco circuit will be included and looks like everything is real life, it's because they will do the finals there, that's it

Last edited:
Yeah, just a bit confusing due to the fine print, but as mentioned here before it's just there for the beginning of the video, not because of the scenes. The later clips showing Monaco are clearly real videos/photos.
Which makes sense given the finals are there and their team took them to do this promotional video

PD teased us Pikes Peak months ago and we haven't got even scapes for it 🤔
Yeah PD and Sony are a disgrace for sitting on the licence.

If they aint doing nothing with it let other games use the licence.

Such blatant anti consumerism also the organisers of Pikes Peak dont care because PD have been sitting on it for years. Who cares we get paid.

People who sign exclusive licence deals are also complicit in this debacle.

Monaco makes for some boring racing parade laps. I wish they'd drop it from the F1 calendar.

Can you guys imagine what a shrimp show that track would be in GT7Sport Mode? Five mins in teh Daily Race thread and most of us can't make it two laps around an open track without getting hit; and most of us can't make it around a Tokyo freeway lap without touching the walls. Monaco would be the worst of both worlds.

If/when the next track drops, I really hope they're putting their efforts elsewhere.

Last edited:
PD teased us Pikes Peak months ago and we haven't got even scapes for it 🤔
PD/Sony have teased Pikes Peak for a long time
  • Nobuhiro Tajima's 2011 and 2012 PPIHC cars were in GT6 (SX4 and eRunner), along with the Pikes Peak Quattro
  • Gran Turismo has been a presenting sponsor of the PPIHC since 2015
  • Pikes Peak Quattro returns for GTS, and is in GT7, alongside the '98 V6 Escudo, both tagged #Pikes Peak
  • Trailers for GT7 featured Dai Yoshihara, who was campaigning a GT-sponsored Tesla Model 3 in the 2022 Pikes Peak. A disclaimer in the trailer said the Model 3 (maybe not specifically the PP one, but likely) was coming to GT7 in an update.

It's a never-ending story at this point.

I hope to add Cote d' Azure (Monaco) cirquit!!!! It's one of my all time personal favorite city track (with Tokyo R246 New York and Seattle are the others). And we will get away from run and crash Tokyo variations....

Back