MORE Customization/ upgrade options.

That's the Ben Sopra widebody kit for the GT-R.

And yes, I would giggle like a little girl scout if it's included in GT6.

To an extent yes. Body Kits for GT cars yes. Body kits so you can slam your car and look 'ard mate, no.

I'd say maybe like minimum 3 body kits for each premium vehicle and at least 1 body kit for each standard. For the premium cars maybe have 3 levels of body kits i.e. street, competition, race(don't know how to call the third one) the race body kit would be like a full on race body kit maybe GT500 type car

this is just an idea

Nero9
No bodykits, thanks. Too many ricer boyzz here as it is.

You can already make hideous and unsightly cars already. Even with GT5's limited customization, you're always going to have people with bad taste.

And you do know GT5 already has body kits, right? Adding more body modifications will not make things worse.

I don't want GT6 to have shallow customization like GT5.

No bodykits, thanks. Too many ricer boyzz here as it is.
Body kits can have performance advantages. In fact, the absolute pinnacle of the "ricer boyzz" games (Underground 2) did a much better job of showing that body kits can have performance advantages than GT5 did.

I agree there probably will be ricers :(

Anybody who adds body parts in GT5 is technically kind of one anyway, since as far as I've ever been able to identify none of them do a damn thing to change either the numbers or on-track performance of the car. :)

Excluding rear wings and the parts included with race modifications of course.

A body kit and livery editor will be mayhem in some hands but then in my hands I want to make GT endurance cars.

But lots of ricers is good. It shows how creative and interesting people can be with their cars and if you don't want to use it, you don't have to, leaving the option open. Seeing crazy ass combos for body kits and liveries that stand out. It allows you to customize the car to your needs and everyone has unique cars That is a must for GT6:).

But lots of ricers is good. It shows how creative and interesting people can be with their cars and if you don't want to use it, you don't have to, leaving the option open. Seeing crazy ass combos for body kits and liveries that stand out. It allows you to customize the car to your needs and everyone has unique cars That is a must for GT6:).

Yes, definitely. There could be one car . . . but endless customizations. "crazy a$$ combos" and "everyone has unique cars" .

It should have real body kit combanys like Top Secret and Veilside. Bring back all the tuned cars from GT2 and rwd R33 and R34 skylines.

I saw the Forza livery editor on youtube. That thing is very powerful,

but Forza use about 20 layers for a brand logo, i.e. "K&N air filters" it's quite time consuming doing these stuff from scratch. I much prefer slap a .png in photoshop. On other hand the way Forza handles primiteves is just brilliant for making the base design.

The best solution would be Forza editor + the possibility to import images via usb.

LoL. Imaging all the things we would be able to put on.

ok granted it leaves the game open to some terrible designs and stuff that is inappropriate but on the plus side you can create your own unique team livery.

I agree there probably will be ricers :(

Yeah, but these are already in GT5, like in any game. I mean look at some people driving a gold chrome BMW M5 with that cheap wing, all other aero parts available, and some pink BBS rims... lack of bodykits wouldn't solve that, while it obviously doesn't keep the moron car designers away anyway.

Anybody who adds body parts in GT5 is technically kind of one anyway, since as far as I've ever been able to identify none of them do a damn thing to change either the numbers or on-track performance of the car. :)

Excluding rear wings and the parts included with race modifications of course.

Doesn't matter if it affects your performance, one does not simply put that wing onto a Murciélago like GT5 wants you to do. I mean... like, seriously. People have EYES, yet at least.

ok granted it leaves the game open to some terrible designs and stuff that is inappropriate but on the plus side you can create your own unique team livery.

Lots and lots of inappropriate stuff... but still, working on designs at your PC saves time and effort, that would make up for it.

ok granted it leaves the game open to some terrible designs and stuff that is inappropriate
Again this dumb statement. Go in rFactor Central dude, search all the skins available there's no one with inappropriate stuff. They have much more than 1000 cars available and still able to prevent that s***.
If they did it PD can do it as well.
End of story.

I don't play online, but does PSN have a reporting system of some kind? If so, just report them.

I used to see cars with Nazi liveries and other inappropriate things in Forza. I'd just report 'em, and that was that.

HKS racer
Again this dumb statement. Go in rFactor Central dude, search all the skins available there's no one with inappropriate stuff. They have much more than 1000 cars available and still able to prevent that s***.
If they did it PD can do it as well.
End of story.

But the rfactor community are more mature than the console community, sure gtp is mature (for the most) but there are alot of casual, kids, morons ect out there too that play GT5.

For GT to be regarded as a "modern" game it is essential to have at least a basic livery editor of some kind, let's face it, almost every other racing genre game has one in varying levels. I can't comment on Forza but Shift and Test Drive seem to have this area really well covered, which given time and patience deliver great results with relatively limited tools.

Body modifications across all cars is also pretty much a clincher for me too. The absolute kick in the proverbials for me with GT5 was the ridiculously limited body mods, in respect of RM'ing the cars. I was expecting to be able to do this with every car in the newly rendered premiums selection, yet massive disappointment arrived. I hate to say this but once again the Shift games have that covered. Even The Run has at least 3 body modification finishes per car.

I think engineswaps and drivetrain swaps should also be possible, but be plausible with it. Same manufacturer swaps would be the best way to go, sticking a SRT10 engine into a Copen would be completely beyond realistic after all, but a GTR engine into an R32 Skyline would be entirely plausible. I'd also like to rip out the drive to the front axles of my R33 to produce the GTS model, which is possibly the only Skyline not yet in the game.

But the rfactor community are more mature than the console community, sure gtp is mature (for the most) but there are alot of casual, kids, morons ect out there too that play GT5.
League racing.
But rFactor pubblic lobbies? More or less like GT5 with kids , morons and all that stuff. You could go inapropriate with Forza as well but there should be a report and/or ban feature to prevent that.

So again, it's all about stop looking for lame excuses and adapt your product to nowdays because it's no longer 1997.

Funny how the only reason people don't want to be able to make their own liveries, is the possibility that people will make obscene liveries. It's not like they could incorporate a report button or anything...

Latest Posts

Back