Mystery July Car Pack

• Thread starter neddyie118
  • 340 comments
HINT #1: This cat is the David to the factory works Goliath teams.

Hm. Cheetahs count as "cats", don't they? Becuase the Bill Thomas Cheetah was an almost garage-built car that went up against the Ford-sponsored Shebly Cobra Daytonas and GM's own Corvette Grand Sport. Cars that, I'd like to point out, are already present in the game.

HINT #2: It may seem Stars & Stripes, but this racer is a truly global effort.

I'll have to go with the Deltawing. Its God Bless America livery is as Stars & Stripes as it gets, but the car was originally a British design, and has always been powered by Japanese engine (Nissan first, and Mazda now). It'd also fit in the first clue we've been provided, as it would undoubtedly possess unique handling characteristics.

HINT #3: Germany’s take on an Italian oddity.

Is the Iso Isetta an odd Italian car? No doubt about that. BMW licensed the car and re-engineered much of it. The Bavarian's thinkering with the original concept from Iso eventually resulted in the creation of the BMW 600, a relatively larger, four-seater version powered by a 582cc flat-twin engine from the R67 bike.

Damn, I hope we don't get something stupid like drag cars or race trucks. I'm a gonna be PISSED if that happens. Just keep the packs full of cars people want, like it's been the case so far.

Damn, I hope we don't get something stupid like drag cars or race trucks. I'm a gonna be PISSED if that happens. Just keep the packs full of cars people want, like it's been the case so far.
But people do want race trucks? And as dumb as it would be a GTPlanet lap board for fastest time taking a 8000+ hp top fuel dragster around Nurburgring would be hilarious. What's the power to weight ratio on one of those anyways? 80hp per kg?

Though I would prefer a racing UTE to a racing truck. My favorite race car is Grid Autosport for sure.

It's possible. Like The Stig Farmer said pointed out, in Forza 5 there were some categories for cars that weren't added in the game, but have since been added in Forza 6. ie Early GT racing, 80's and 90's F1 cars. However German touring cars and American stock cars are on that list as well.

Only time will tell what will be in the pack.

jaguar-xkr-42-s-c177918042016202344_4.jpg

PassatW8.jpg

Do these fit criteria besides never being in game previously?

It's possible. Like The Stig Farmer said pointed out, in Forza 5 there were some categories for cars that weren't added in the game, but have since been added in Forza 6. ie Early GT racing, 80's and 90's F1 cars. However German touring cars and American stock cars are on that list as well.

Only time will tell what will be in the pack.

"American Stock Cars" (NASCAR) have appeared. "German Touring Cars" (DTM) aren't on Xbone, but aren't new to Forza.

Deltawing DWC13 Coupe is a very safe shout, reckon that's the star of the pack and the 'thing we've never driven'. It would be most the radical design seen in Forza to date.

- - - - -

Assuming that it is tied to the "Stars & Stripes" clue, is the DW really a global effort anymore? From what I gather everything on the current car is built by Panoz and Elan which are staunchly American. Either way, horribly messy from a legal standpoint...

Last edited:
Most radical design to date?

Not the FO4 nuclear car or the hotrod?

Either way, will be slightly disappointed if it's the deltawing instead of the Slingshot.

"American Stock Cars" (NASCAR) have appeared. "German Touring Cars" (DTM) aren't on Xbone, but aren't new to Forza.
You're right, I forgot about the NASCAR expansion, sorry. It'd be great to see DTM come back to Forza 6. The M3 DTM was a hoot to drive in FM5.

Last edited:
Most radical design to date?

Not the FO4 nuclear car or the hotrod?

Either way, will be slightly disappointed if it's the deltawing instead of the Slingshot.

Not really because they are both quite conventional cars. Just that one has a single gear and the other is an open wheel hot rod. The tapered delta chassis is practically unheard of in car design.

Whatever this alleged new to franchise car type will be, I'm almost sure I won't like it. Bring on the rest of the pack. :)

I have no idea what the clues are on about.

Didn't they say something along the lines of "you've never driven in a Forza game"....

Is it too far-fetched to think Forza may one day introduce sport and racing bikes in the game? Especially with their physics engine and sound capture methods.... oh the sheer pleasure of tearing down the Ring in a CBR1000 RR...
I believe it is, but I'd bloody love it if they did :cool::eek:

I really hope it won't be the Deltawing. That said, I'm a bit disappointed. I was expecting and hoping for some kind of vehicle categorie, like karts or racing trucks :ill:

Come on. I like Unique cars.

GTR LM racers may be a bomb but I simply like it for being unique. So why the more capable Deltawing cant have a chance :D

Also you can bet for 2J for another unique American racers.

The wording of that original "new to franchise" comment is vague enough that it could mean just about anything. I'm keeping my expectations low, just in case it ends up being something less than stellar.

My general guesses for Hint 1 would be a car from either Holden, Peugeot, or the De Tomaso Pantera. The Pantera took part in numerous endurance races in the 70's. I'm not familiar enough with Holden's racing history to know what was and wasn't factory-backed efforts, but I'm sure some of the Aussie guys could figure that one out.

Hint 2 very well could be the Deltawing. It all checks out. I suppose we could hope for the E46-based M3 GTR racer. It could also be a certain Le Mans-running C3 'Vette, though I'm not sure of how global the efforts were in its creation, and it wouldn't have much to compete against (much like the DW, really):

upload_2016-7-9_12-6-35.png

No idea about Hint 3. I like @ClydeYellow's idea of one of BMW's bubble cars, though I can't imagine how that'll work out on the track. Hilariously, I imagine.

Come on. I like Unique cars.

GTR LM racers may be a bomb but I simply like it for being unique. So why the more capable Deltawing cant have a chance :D

Also you can bet for 2J for another unique American racers.

I want the 2A that won Sebring, the 2F that raced at Le Mans and the 2K that won Indy.

The wording of that original "new to franchise" comment is vague enough that it could mean just about anything. I'm keeping my expectations low, just in case it ends up being something less than stellar.

My general guesses for Hint 1 would be a car from either Holden, Peugeot, or the De Tomaso Pantera. The Pantera took part in numerous endurance races in the 70's. I'm not familiar enough with Holden's racing history to know what was and wasn't factory-backed efforts, but I'm sure some of the Aussie guys could figure that one out.

Hint 2 very well could be the Deltawing. It all checks out. I suppose we could hope for the E46-based M3 GTR racer. It could also be a certain Le Mans-running C3 'Vette, though I'm not sure of how global the efforts were in its creation, and it wouldn't have much to compete against (much like the DW, really):

View attachment 566719

No idea about Hint 3. I like @ClydeYellow's idea of one of BMW's bubble cars, though I can't imagine how that'll work out on the track. Hilariously, I imagine.

De Tommaso Pantera was in Forza 4

Anything is good at this point. Forza never disappoints with content :D I'm very excited to see the regular every-day cars included in this pack.

I sound like a broken record, but having this car would be such a treat...
2006chevyimpalass-l-fdf950329578340b.jpg

It isn't too crazy. We had a 96 SS in Forza 4, so why not the "newer" one? Sure it's a heavy FWD V8 sedan, but with things like the Aztek being in the game already... this Impala isn't too useless.

Last edited:
Agreed, I'd rather see an updated GTE Aston.
I'd love to see a 2016 GT3 update. New Audi, BMW, Porsche, Lamborghini (thought I highly doubt that the Huracan GT3 will ever be public. I'm still mad that the whole thing got promoted as a time trial event where you can only win liveries for the Gallardo GT3, without any note of having the chance to get a unique car)

Anything is good at this point. Forza never disappoints with content :D I'm very excited to see the regular every-day cars included in this pack.

I sound like a broken record, but having this car would be such a treat...
2006chevyimpalass-l-fdf950329578340b.jpg

It isn't too crazy. We had a 96 SS in Forza 4, so why not the "newer" one? Sure it's a heavy FWD V8 sedan, but with things like the Aztek being in the game already... this Impala isn't too useless.
If they are going to add an non-classic Impala, I would prefer the new one. Looks pretty nice.

If they are going to add an non-classic Impala, I would prefer the new one. Looks pretty nice.

Oh, the new Impala is absolutely beautiful! And it does pack quite a punch. Slightly more powerful than the last V8 SS with only a V6.

I wanted the 2006-2014 because I own one. It would be nice to have my car in a premium game such as Forza.

I'd love to see a 2016 GT3 update. New Audi, BMW, Porsche, Lamborghini (thought I highly doubt that the Huracan GT3 will ever be public. I'm still mad that the whole thing got promoted as a time trial event where you can only win liveries for the Gallardo GT3, without any note of having the chance to get a unique car)

I would think they'd release it at some point. It's a pain to drive anyway, slides like crazy.

I really liked the Formula Mazda car. If they did more of that and make it into a spec series I'd be all for it. Not sure which ones? F5000?

Back