• 78 comments
GTP_Royalton
http://www.livestream.com/Openspeedway

I'll be int the #17 Ford / Micah Turner

Looking for any drivers here who have NASCAR 2003 by Sierra/Papyrus

I still have the game and still take part of the large multiplayer races

Anyone else have this game? A teammate can be great help on the highbanks

Last edited:
I only have Nascar 2002 Racing season which I can't get to work properly in XP anymore... :(

Bump

Just got this reinstalled

openspeedway.net servers still have 25+ cars running every night

Anyone interested?

Anyone know where I can find this? I looked on amazon and it's listed at $618.99, but that seems a bit high. Do they have digital downloads?

Me and Chadwicksracing have started a GTPlanet team for NASCAR 2003

Our cars will be Ferrari F430s. Right now I am #59, CWR is #60, and GTdude101 is #61. Next member will be 62 and so on

Quick sample of me and Chadwicksracing going at it online last night

I wish it wasn't so damn expensive because I'd like to give the game a whirl. Every place I've looked at in the past wants $140+.

I still have it and would love to join in, but with my current work situation, I don't know how much time I can commit to it.

Hey
picture.php

picture.php

I finally got around to this game and I have to say, as a non NASCAR fan, it is quite good. Does anyone know of any casual servers where I could practice my skills?

http://www.nr2003-servers.com/index.php

You will Find a servers list there. I can tell you that, Earth, GTdude101 and me are racing there tonight. You can find us in the GTP chat. We normally start around 7:00pm-8:00pm EST. If you want a join our team, I will make you a GTPlanet #62.

I'm not quite good enough to join a team but thanks for the invite. Maybe I'll change my mind after a few multiplayer races.

I'm not quite good enough to join a team but thanks for the invite. Maybe I'll change my mind after a few multiplayer races.

You can be on our team without being the best. Trust me. I'll make you a #62 paint scheme.. Just give me your driver name, so I can put it on the side of the car.

How do you connect to the races? I configured my profile and downloaded the play link, but when I started it a script ran and then nothing.

In the game, Multilayer. Then, enter with

The IPs are:
Open 1 - 72.26.196.130:33267 <--UPDATED ----WE RACE HERE..
Open 2 - 69.42.56.197:32767
Open 3 - 72.26.196.130:33767 <--UPDATED
Open 4 - 72.249.94.34:34267

TAKE A LOOK AT THE RULES: http://www.openspeedway.net/rules.html

They are pretty strict..So to avoid being kicked, read the rules.

They also operate on Ventrilo.

Last edited:
I recently downloaded this game and got the Nationwide Series mod as well as some tracks. Already made some cars and ran a few test sessions for my upcoming offline Nascar Budweiser Series (which no one has signed up for yet :guilty:).

Here's a picture from the recent test at Charlotte:

NBSTesting1.jpg

For those that are interested in having a driver in the series, you can sign up here.

Last edited:
Apologies for the bump, but I'm now working on a Le Mans 2012 car set using the GTP mod. Would anyone be interested in my work? I'm also modifying track details as well, and menu screens for a fresh look.

Found this game lying in a charity shop for 50p so had to buy it really.

Absolutely the best 50p I have spent ever. Downloaded the 2011 sprint cup mod and 2011 Nationwide mod from SRD and its just brilliant, so much fun. Plus with the updated and revamped tracks it still looks real nice too.

There have been a number of games I wished I could play. Add "NASCAR Racing 2003 Edition" to that list. I've only played the first NASCAR Racing and then both NASCAR Racing 2 and NASCAR Racing 1999 Edition. Maybe it's the influence of people like our own RACECAR, but part of me wants to experience one of many racing games I've never gotten to play- NASCAR Racing 2003 Edition.

This game is probably ridiculously cheap online since it's an old game, but it's one I probably wouldn't mind playing if I could.

I used to have it, until my PC decided to get worse to play games every day. :lol:

Never won a league race due to my constant warp, but back when I had a good wheel, I could hang on with some of the better guys in the league and stole a top 2, top 3 or a top 5. I miss this game though.

Back