NBA 2011-2012 Thread

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 924 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
"So, LeBron, did you think Dwyane was a ballhog on that last play?"

chris-bosh-lebron-bomb.gif

#curseofMikeBibby

The Knicks' 13-game playoff losing streak is now over. They just won 89-87. Game 5 in Miami. Miracles will need to happen if the Knicks are to upset the Heat and take the series. PLENTY of miracles...
Luck, nothing more. No one has ever come back from 0-3 series to win it. It would certainly be history in the making though & an incredible upset for Miami.

Will Lin return now, or is he still out? There were reports he wanted to play Game 4, but wasn't ready.

Isn't Lin supposed to be out for the rest of the season with that knee or was it only to the end of the regular season?

Isn't Lin supposed to be out for the rest of the season with that knee or was it only to the end of the regular season?
It was only confirmed he'd be out for the remainder of the regular season. There were reports that he could come back if the Knicks got far enough into the Playoffs. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case & Lin was reportedly trying to come back for Game 4, but wasn't ready.

The reports after tonight's game are saying Lin could return after Baron's injury. It's no guarantee though.

Spurs passed stage one. 👍 Good luck to them against the Clippers! I have enormous respect for Chris Paul, but I think the Spurs experience & depth are going to be too much to handle for the rather green, or inconsistent roster of the LAC.

The Mavericks were done on Saturday. Now, add the Jazz to the "done" list. Spurs sweep the Jazz with an 87-81 win in Salt Lake City. They'll meet the winner of Grizzlies/Clippers in the next round.

Did anyone watch the Clippers game today? When Griffin tried to start a fight with Z-Bo did Griffin get called for the tech foul? If not, my hatred for him just grew a little.:irked:

We got Magic at Pacers in mere moments, and the nightcap is 76ers at Bulls. NBA on TNT will have Celtics at Hawks.

BALL NIGHT! Best of luck to all teams.

[UPDATE] I forgot to mention- NBA on TNT's nightcap features Nuggets at Lakers.

Last edited:
Did anyone watch the Clippers game today? When Griffin tried to start a fight with Z-Bo did Griffin get called for the tech foul? If not, my hatred for him just grew a little.:irked:

He actually seem pretty collected(as he whacks other players in the process lol) usually. My coworker was saying something about Griffin getting little bit excited, then calmed down before getting in somebody's face? Same incident maybe?

Edit: I figured Boston would close tonight, as with the Lakers. :crazy:

Last edited:
F THE KNICKS! MAHVEL BABY! EASTERN CONFERENCE PHILLY WHERE YOU AT?

Curb stomped those suckers. Stoudamire is a punk. Did you guys see what happened after Stoudamire fouled out on Battier? Such a punk move. All I can say is, the Curse of Mike Bibby continues.

What is the fascination with this Bibby curse(I don't think there is such thing)? Knicks are incomplete team that hasn't even begin to mesh yet, that is why they lost against the team that happens to be the favorite to go all the way this year.

This is one of those series that was complete waste of time. Knicks had absolutely "zero" chance against the Heat this Playoffs. Not even 1%, zero.

Bah, they are done, too.

Actually, they won big tonight, it was surprising. :lol:

I don't like the Clippers, so while I'd love to see them fall on their faces, I'd hate the Spurs to have the rematch with the Grizzlies again. :scared: I'm confident that Spurs are better this year, but still..... :nervous:

Ken Hudson, one of the NBA's first African-American referees, died recently. He was 72. My condolences go out to Mr. Ken Hudson and all whom have known and loved him.

Bulls at 76ers is on right now, and Hawks at Celtics is about to come on momentarily. It's 42-34 in favor of the Sixers with about four minutes left in the second quarter.

[UPDATE] Chicago's done, and so is Atlanta. Congratulations (respectively) to Philadelphia and Boston.

Last edited:
Looks like my Bulls start the summer vacation early. Philly played hard, but it took six games to beat a hobbled Bulls without the MVP and starting center. Not exactly tough contender material.

Boozer may feel the heat intensify now. I've been defending his play, but I don't think I can after tonight.

Bah, they are done, too.

Actually, they won big tonight, it was surprising. :lol:

I don't like the Clippers, so while I'd love to see them fall on their faces, I'd hate the Spurs to have the rematch with the Grizzlies again. :scared: I'm confident that Spurs are better this year, but still..... :nervous:

I wanna see Clips vs Spurs, a few matchups in there I'd definitely like to see.

Sucks for the Bulls. Losing Rose & Noah's devastating though.
I wanna see Clips vs Spurs, a few matchups in there I'd definitely like to see.
In a seven game series, I think Spurs could destroy that team. I hate the Clips, but I'm gonna go "Go Clippers!" for now. :P

P.S. If Denver beat the Lakers, didn't they give OKC a lot of trouble? Could they be a tougher match up than the Lakers? I'm of the impression that the Lakers are hit & miss against Thunder.

What is the fascination with this Bibby curse(I don't think there is such thing)? Knicks are incomplete team that hasn't even begin to mesh yet, that is why they lost against the team that happens to be the favorite to go all the way this year.

This is one of those series that was complete waste of time. Knicks had absolutely "zero" chance against the Heat this Playoffs. Not even 1%, zero.

The curse of Mike Bibby is that no team will ever win the championship as long as he is on the team. Look what happened to the Heat last season.

Lol Omnis, I think the real reason Miami lost is that one, Lebron disappeared, two, Dirk decided to go hall of fame in that series, and three, Shawn Marion really stumped LBJ.

...and the winner for NBA MVP is: LeBron James! This is the 3rd MVP award for LBJ in the past four seasons. Congrats to him on winning MVP.

Later tonight, we got Grizzlies at Clippers for Game 6. Have at it, boys!

Grizzlies and Clips going right at it, good game to watch.

EDIT: Wow, looks like they're going to game 7 for that series

Last edited:
Now if they can take out the Griz in the Game 7, that would be just wonderful for the Spurs. Sounds like the Clips' Big Two has already taken some physical beating. :embarrassed:

I hope Memphis win, I just don't like Blake Griffin.

Memphis should win game 7, home court advantage and not to mention the 'Clips big two are beat up.

The Lakers take game 7 and advance, and Boston have won game 1 on the East semis. I'd much like Philly to win that series but Boston will probably be too much for them.

Where Philly has youth and athleticism, Boston has experience and discipline. The playoffs tend to favor the vets. And Doc Rivers is an amazing coach.

And on the West side, the Nuggets should have known better. Nobody can stop Mamba in game 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back