NBA 2011-2012 Thread

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 924 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy.... They didn't hold a lead in that game until the last minute of the 4th quarter. What a game. What. A. Game.

paul.gif

It was nice to see everyone's face match the color of their rally shirts:

mephis.gif

I'm still in shock that they won.

No Rajon Rondo for the Celtics because of the two Technical Fouls for bumping into a referee during their game. He's suspended for one game. I would imagine a good deal of the Celtics' offense will be gone with Rondo not playing. Suitable punishment, and can the Celtics still win their next match?

I didn't know Boston was missing Ray Allen. Missing Ray Allen might hurt Boston more than missing Rondo.

Some more exciting games today, great stuff.

I didn't know Boston was missing Ray Allen. Missing Ray Allen might hurt Boston more than missing Rondo.

I agree with this, it's gonna be an interesting matchup but I think atlanta should take it.

Ray Allen's constant off ball movement, sharpshooting, and veteran leadership makes the game much more dynamic for the Celtics. Missing him and the orchestrator named Rondo is probably gonna cost them game 2.

But this is the Hawks we are talking here, and they are not known to play smart basketball in crunch time.

Agree with brown kid on Atlanta(sorry Stav!). Atlanta has been one of those teams that somehow finds a way to self-destruct in Playoffs basketball. They are not a bad club, and I know that in the past(have not seen them this year), they relied heavily on iso, and that will only get you in the Playoffs, but not past the first round.

Also good take on Ray Allen. With the combination of two things said(moving w/o the ball + shooting), he really makes the defense honest inside for guys like KG(h8u) & Rondo. If Atlanta is a team that is good at losing, Boston is quite the opposite. Math says Atlanta has some advantage in the series, but I still see Boston grinding on Atlanta until they break(again).

As long as somebody beat Miami, I'm happy. Yeah, a real long shot.

P.S. On coach of the year selection, I'm happy Pop won, but how could anyone take anything away from Thibodeau? Spurs are my second favorite team, and I LOVE Pop, but I don't know. If I followed the league more closely and knew what I was talking about, I might have given it to Thibodeau.

Game 2 87-80 in favor of Boston at Atlanta. There will be at least a Game 5 in that series. Same goes for the 76ers/Bulls series. The game was close... then, the Second Half happened. Since then, it was 109-92 in favor of the Sixers. No D-Rose.

Game 2 between the Nuggets at Lakers on deck.

Lakers lead their series 2-0, any hope of a comeback or no chance?

EDIT: I heard Amare did his hand in by apparently smashing a fire extinguisher case out of anger.

Last edited:
I have bad feeling that Evan Turner and Jrue Holiday may undo Chicago. Yeah i was just one game, but Watson and Lucas cannot match up with those guys.

But they cannot shoot 70% again. That has to be a fluke!

Sixers can get hot, but if what you said about Chicago defense is true, they should be able to cool down the Sixers without much trouble.
Comeback? Why would we want that? :P *cough*Go Kobe!*cough*

EDIT: I heard Amare did his hand in by apparently smashing a fire extinguisher case out of anger.
I don't know if it's true, but I heard on the radio this morning that he reportedly thought the "glass" was plastic. Whoever said he was bright? :dopey:

P.S. People make big deal about his boneheadedness, or how he's hurting the team, blah, blah, they forget one thing: Knicks never had the chance against Heat in the first place. Maybe avoid a sweep? That would be achievable. :lol:

I may have mentioned earlier that I thought the Nuggets could take them to 7 games. But the way the Lakers played in the first 2, it seems I was very wrong.

Denver still have that home court advantage though. I wouldn't be bit surprised if the Lakers lost the next two(at Denver, right?). I'd be 🤬 but not surprised.

Ever been beat down before? Just ask the Orlando Magic because home court didn't mean a damn thing in Orlando. Indiana won 97-74 in Orlando just now. The Pacers are now leading this series 2-1. You almost think Reggie Miller was still playing for Indiana with this kind of performance.

114-83 was the score as San Antonio pulverized the Utah Jazz. Many think San Antonio will win it all this season, and the Spurs are now 2-0 in this series. Let's see how the Spurs do in Salt Lake City next...

Clippers at Grizzlies going on right now. It's currently 18-13 in favor of LAC with 3:30 left in the 1st Quarter.

I hope San Antonio go all the way, but they have to play a real team first. :P

I know for fact that Reggie or Smits or the two Davises didn't play against the Magic, because Magic would have lost by 50+ points tonight had they played.

Looks like Memphis turned it around and won their game against the Clippers with the series tied at 1-1.

I'm still not sold on Grizz. The Clips are showing ways to beat them, and they depend too much on the fast break. I think they'll get swept out in the second round. That is if they get past CP3 and Clip City.

And I don't think ZBO is that great. Likewise with the Spurs. With the way the Lakers, OKC, and even Dallas are playing, I won't be surprised if the spurs don't even make the WCF.

Last edited:
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make the WCF, but would I be surprised if they do? No.

I would say that it is hard to predict how far the Spurs will get, and leave it at that. Last year, they finished the regular season strong(I think 1st in the West), only to get eliminated in the first round against the Grizzlies.

This year, they've added more depth(STEPHEN JACKSON!!!), and Pop's been focused on the post season from very early on in the regular season.

I do like their chances against OKC. They have the talent, but they are still green. Dallas will be tough for sure. Lakers, if guys like Kobe, Artest & the two centers get hot, they'd be impossible to beat, unless we get Manu, Jackson & Duncan from 5, 6 years ago, but would those Laker players get hot? 50/50 chance at the very best IMO.

The Knicks' playoff futility continues. Their 13-game losing streak is now the longest playoff game losing streak in NBA history. They lost 87-70 in New York City as the Knicks fell to the Miami Heat. It's now 3-0 in favor of Miami. Knicks will now have to win four in a row if they want to make it to the Second Round.

Thunder at Mavericks going on right now. It's 9-5, in favor of Oklahoma City with 8:20 left in the First Quarter.

Bulls @ Philly tonight at 8 pm eastern.

The Bulls better come out and play like the blitzkrieg and not like Poland or France. If they drop this one, then the doubts in my head would only get bigger...

That was a really wierd Knicks-Heat game today, I felt like I was watching a circus or Globetrotters or something.

That was a really wierd Knicks-Heat game today, I felt like I was watching a circus or Globetrotters or something.
That series doesn't even exist. What I can't believe is the OKC vs Dallas!

Dallas had a 19-point lead going into the fourth, then they blew it? At home?

I guess it's a fitting end to a sweep. :crazy:

Dallas had a 19-point lead going into the fourth, then they blew it? At home?

I guess it's a fitting end to a sweep. :crazy:

I saw the box score for the fourth quarter, OKC scored 34 points compared to Dallas' 16 points.

The Knicks' 13-game playoff losing streak is now over. They just won 89-87. Game 5 in Miami. Miracles will need to happen if the Knicks are to upset the Heat and take the series. PLENTY of miracles...

Monkeys will fly out of my butt and dunk from the free throw line before the Knicks upset the Heat.

At least that's what I think. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back