NBA 2011-2012 Thread

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 924 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the Sixers. Sweet Lou Williams. 👍

P.S. Go Clippers. :P

Edit: Watching the Pacers so far in the first quarter, it's like they are grown men, professional players, compared to my Blazers, the little children who tries to figure out the game of basketball.

Here's a secret, basketball is no rocket surgery man. Blazers are that bad, and their basketball I.Q. is that low.

Last edited:
The Heat are weird. They kinda fuddle around and get totally blown apart at times, but then they're unstoppable when they finally turn on and get it done. Indiana is a really well coached team. Those plays they ran were pretty awesome.

Omnis
The Heat are weird. They kinda fuddle around and get totally blown apart at times, but then they're unstoppable when they finally turn on and get it done. Indiana is a really well coached team. Those plays they ran were pretty awesome.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

By the way, is this the first time that the Clippers advanced to the second round of the playoffs?

The Heat are an amazing team, in the full court. When the opposing team can make them slow down and play the half court, then Miami is more vulnerable. Their Achilles heal is defense that feeds off of turnovers. Sometimes going for the steal can make you pay for gambling by either reach in fouls or leaving a man open.

Can the Heat still remain strong even without Chris Bosh? This Heat/Pacers series will certainly answer that question with Bosh on the shelf with injury.

Thunder up by 83-54...in with four and a half still left in the third? Insanity.

Thunder up by 83-54...in with four and a half still left in the third? Insanity.
Not many of us saw Lakers over the Thunder, but I sure didn't see a 30 point butt kicking in the first game. :crazy:

I guess Lakers here is the old team with minimal rest, but still.......

Us Blazer fans, we follow more important & interesting stuff like NBA Lottery on May 30th. Playoff's so overrated!

^ As a Hornets (or whatever they are going to be called next year) fan, I agree 100%. :sly: :grumpy:

Last edited:
Not many of us saw Lakers over the Thunder, but I sure didn't see a 30 point butt kicking in the first game. :crazy:

I guess Lakers here is the old team with minimal rest, but still.......

Not to mention the whole revenge thing on World Peace for Harden, they'd have been that little bit extra fired up.

Us Blazer fans, we follow more important & interesting stuff like NBA Lottery on May 30th. Playoff's so overrated!

GO Raptors! I'd be happy with top 5, our draft last year coming over from Europe this year is predicted may have gone 2nd in this year's draft, so we've got guaranteed potential injected in to our line-up.

Caught an up close glimpse of the Lakers getting on a bus in front of the Skirvin hotel downtown this afternoon. At around 6'4, I don't usually feel short...but damn.

I have to admit, the timing of the NBA lottery is something the NFL should copy during its playoffs...although that would mean a few weeks of even more prognosticating and idle speculation, but would keep those fans interested after Week 17's over.

I have to admit, the timing of the NBA lottery is something the NFL should copy during its playoffs...although that would mean a few weeks of even more prognosticating and idle speculation, but would keep those fans interested after Week 17's over.

Don't even pretend like you care, Miami fan! :sly: Go back to your highlights on ABC and ESPN and TNT or whatever! :D
Caught an up close glimpse of the Lakers getting on a bus in front of the Skirvin hotel downtown this afternoon. At around 6'4, I don't usually feel short...but damn.
I've met many NBA players, but one that looked freakishly tall was Jermaine O'Neal(really nice kid). He was a young kid straight out of high school, he was listed at 6'11" at the time...... he looked more like 7'4". :scared:

Don't even pretend like you care, Miami fan! :sly: Go back to your highlights on ABC and ESPN and TNT or whatever! :D

Hey...when Portland was in the Finals, we were dealing with the Ron Rothstein and Kevin Lougherty era, of hoping for ping-pong balls to bounce our way during those 18-win seasons!

Hey...when Portland was in the Finals, we were dealing with the Ron Rothstein and Kevin Lougherty era, of hoping for ping-pong balls to bounce our way during those 18-win seasons!

Aww, be quiet..... Rony Seikaly played way more games than Greg Oden, just ask Omnis! :lol:

Really bad news for the Chicago Bulls, according to ESPN.com/NBA.

Derrick Rose will be out of action for the next 8-12 months.

I heard that he'll likely miss the beginning of the next season.

Don't set a time frame, just fix it right. He's a great player(and Rod Strickland mentored him Pre-NBA ;) ).

Edit:

My god, did all the good guys win tonight? Pacers, Spurs, and in baseball, Braves, Cardinals, Red Sox, and Dodgers are still playing, but they are down! :D:tup:

Last edited:
Well if the lottery is legitimate, the Bobcats should get the no.1 pick after the awful year they had. God knows, they deserve it. :lol:

I don't follow collage 'ball but, I would imagine Anthony Davis is going to go no.1. And yeah, he and Thomas would be force together.

I heard that he'll likely miss the beginning of the next season.

Don't set a time frame, just fix it right. He's a great player(and Rod Strickland mentored him Pre-NBA ;) ).

Edit:

My god, did all the good guys win tonight? Pacers, Spurs, and in baseball, Braves, Cardinals, Red Sox, and Dodgers are still playing, but they are down! :D:tup:

With him gone for a good amount time, Chicago has to make serious moves for scorers. Gibson should start games more, and Boozer had to freaking stop being soft. Now at SG, they have to throw Butler into the summer league to develop. That's one thing I fault coach Thibs for, and that is giving Butler hardly any minutes. Lucas would probably be gone, and hopefully the bulls can lure back the one and only captain Kirk.

Any thoughts on the hard foul Dwyane Wade put on the Pacers' Darren Collison and if some stiffer penalties should have resulted from it? Whether it stays online or not, here is a look at the hard foul D-Wade put on Collison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMLnOTewYGg

Comment away. And don't forget to see how some fellow YouTubers commented on this deal.

On my coworker's phone, it looked like Wade was going for the play. On my 22-in or whatever monitor, it clearly didn't have anything to do with the play.

Did he get flagrant 1? It should've been "2".

And on the other replay, block attempt on Wade, that was a foul, too. Who's the idiot who said "Jones went straight up!"? They came together on a fast break, with both of them on the move. How does it matter if the defender went straight up or not? He collided with the shooter in mid-air & he didn't even get the ball. :rolleyes: Only two ways that I can think of(off the top of my head) making that play without fouling would be: 1) Draw a charge 2) Block the shot

Personally, if I was Stern, Wade gets a one game suspension for that.

Thunder down by 7 with two minutes left, end up winning by two? That was awesome to watch.

Really could have gone either way, both teams were missing shots left and right. Though apparently the officials had been paid off by the Lakers in that first half.

Artest knocked over those two like he was a dump truck knocking over white picket fences.

Yeah, the screen looked good, and I don't know about the double foul at the line either. Another couple of those and Lakers could have won. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back