Next GT Sport Content Update Arrives March 5, Adds Toyota GR Supra

• Thread starter RZQSPEED
  • 1,152 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 month and half for 5 miserables cars come on !!!
You call a Mercedes SLR Mclaren , Mclaren F1 GTR and Pagani Huayra miserable really?...

Nice if the mclaren will be a gr.1
No to slow for GR.1

It's a racing game just give me tracks! :)
That dosen't make sense.

I do not see the McLaren F1 in Gr1 or 3 at all.
Yes the Mclaren will be in GR.X sadly.

They fudge it into GT3 like the 2004 Ford GT.

Its a 6 litre V12 just like the Vantage so they'll BOP it down.

Doesnt make sense in GrX but I'm prepared to be disappointed.
Actually it was a 2006 Ford GT and it was made in 2008 so it counts as a normal GT3 car.

Last edited:
The Gran Turismo 5 showroom is very nostalgic for me also. The high class style it had with the high quality "premium" cars in their high gloss finish slowly rotating finished off with the song After the Rain makes it a favorite for me.

View attachment 802096
Not to mention you can change the lighting when viewing a car. (Showroom, Day, Sunset, and Night)

This song was really good. I wish GT5 would have the car sounds GT: SPORT has. I liked the campaign way more than would we got now with GT: SPORT and its boring GT League (driving school, missions and circuit experience are good).

Alongside with this are my favorite music tracks in the game.

Last edited:
She gets down to two, doesn't know what comes after that or forgets, and decides to start back from 100. It's a clip from a show called Wonder Showzen. Sesame Street on acid

I think PD is learning there is not as big of a crowd exclusively for ESports yet they need single player content, and more of it.

There is not a big crowd for racing esports compared to other esports,because racing itself is not that popular anymore,but the GT events had some pretty good audience numbers.

Looks on point

Why assume its the Race Car version when the shadow image has no wing? As I see many others assuming too, if anything it looks like the road going version

As a few have already mentioned, the fog lights are a dead giveaway. Not sure why the RW isn't visible in Kaz's Tweet, but then again, a lot of the other parts of the car can't be seen either.

I do hope that we get the option of removing those fog lights in the Livery Editor.

As a few have already mentioned, the fog lights are a dead giveaway. Not sure why the RW isn't visible in Kaz's Tweet, but then again, a lot of the other parts of the car can't be seen either.

I do hope that we get the option of removing those fog lights in the Livery Editor.

Yeah, few other brought out some sound logic I have to agree with.

Sadly doubt we can do anything bout the fog lights

Where could I start a thread to talk about the GR Supra specifically? Not sure what section would be best suited to discussion on a car

The Gran Turismo 5 showroom is very nostalgic for me also. The high class style it had with the high quality "premium" cars in their high gloss finish slowly rotating finished off with the song After the Rain makes it a favorite for me.

View attachment 802096
Not to mention you can change the lighting when viewing a car. (Showroom, Day, Sunset, and Night)

They keep adding more cars month after month but no additional feature for brand central. I could spend more time in dealership readind descriptions or looking at beautiful cars than racing. The dealership in GT5 was simply amazing. Forza has more cars and even Forzavista mode but never felt something like this in this franchise.

I'm a little upset. I was expecting more race cars. I ain't complaining. I'm up for every car PD can throw at GTS.

I just think that, by carrying the name "Sport" and by having a focus on competitive modes, it could be a good idea to release more race cars because, you know, they are way more about racing than a freaking Miata...

In past games we had a vastly variety of circuits to choose and we could create chill sessions just to cruise around in Miatas, Mustangs, 350zs and all the other "normal" cars in tracks like Rally de La Sierra or Deep Forest.

I really can't feel this in GTS. GTS feels (to my taste) a strict race-car game. I would be more happy if we could get more GR.4 cars.

BUUUUT you know. This is not my game. If Kazunori wants to put a Miata in GTS, who am i to disagree?

From this update, i'm looking forward for the SLR and the F1 GTR. I can't wait to use the SLR brakes at the end of Mulsanne :P

"Free" content. LOL

If u bought the Unfinished game that was released o so long ago, u paid for all of this. Its not "free". Its just better than other companies who money grub even harder and charge for all types of extra. Time is money...always has been and always will be....

Its so hard to look at this GT and see whats lacking traditionally and get overly exited about little cookie crumbs being dropped here and there. Imma stick by it, but this iteration has been disappointing and easily gets monotonous and slick boring at times due to Lack of content.

Attachments

• Screenshot_67.jpg
    Screenshot_67.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 13
As @fatkid mentioned a couple of pages back, the silhouette has a slight bulge on the hood that matches the additional foglights that were present on LeMans-spec GTR. So it is not an LM

As for class, as far as it isn't in Gr.X, i'm fine

Okay. I didn't notice that and the GTR is far more likely than the LM anyway.

I just don't want the GTR to end up in Group X. The P1 being there was fine but the F1 might be able to fit in Group 2 at least on paper, though I don't know how the downforce of a 90s GT1 compares to a modern GT500. Maybe they could nerf it to fit in Group 3. It would look good alongside the Ford GT.

I find it totally unbelievable that people think the F1 will be in ANY other class than Gr.X. It DOES NOT fit in ANY other class.

I'd say the Huayra and SLR are at least a million. Maybe $2 for the Zonda.

I cant see the Ueno Clinic car not being a GT3... if its Gr.X then whats the point? Its not a one make series car. It'd be a complete waste (like most of the X cars).

seriously man de F1 in GRX, what a waste :(

You don't know that.

Guys! You are worrying over nothing. There is no real life, modern day GT "Race" car in GT Sport that has yet to be relegated to the graveyard that is the Gr. X class. Some of you are probably basing it on the fact that the McLaren P1 GTR is in Gr. X. But that is a track car, with no homologation rules to comply to, not a race car like the McLaren F1 GTR. Whether it is in a competitive class is another matter. But its inclusion is warranted, as it is the last overall Le Mans winner based on an actual road car. It probably would have been better suited to include the F1 GTR Longtail version for competitivness reasons and have it compete against the likes of the CLK GTR, 911 GT, R390, TS020 and the Esperante GTR. And yes the class groups are a mess. But those are two different issues for another thread.

Last edited:
Oh jeez are we having the 'NOT AT ADDITIONAL COST' vs 'FREE' argument again?

Yep. I guess by that extent, even the Free-to-play games I downloaded (Without paying at all for content) aren't free either. Swear its like these sort of people have nothing better to do but complain about something.

"Free" content. LOL

If u bought the Unfinished game that was released o so long ago, u paid for all of this. Its not "free". Its just better than other companies who money grub even harder and charge for all types of extra. Time is money...always has been and always will be....

Its so hard to look at this GT and see whats lacking traditionally and get overly exited about little cookie crumbs being dropped here and there. Imma stick by it, but this iteration has been disappointing and easily gets monotonous and slick boring at times due to Lack of content.
Mate, did you pay a fee, seperate from the base game, for any of these updates? No. Did you need to buy some kind of in game currency to buy any of the cars? No.
This shouldn't even be a debate and the fact that it still is , is ridiculous.You do not need to pay an additional fee for any of these updates. They are by definition free.
And to claim that the game was unfinished at launch is implying that there were features announced pre-release that weren't available at launch. A lack of content =/= unfinished.

Last edited:
I'm a little upset. I was expecting more race cars. I ain't complaining. I'm up for every car PD can throw at GTS.

I just think that, by carrying the name "Sport" and by having a focus on competitive modes, it could be a good idea to release more race cars because, you know, they are way more about racing than a freaking Miata...

In past games we had a vastly variety of circuits to choose and we could create chill sessions just to cruise around in Miatas, Mustangs, 350zs and all the other "normal" cars in tracks like Rally de La Sierra or Deep Forest.

I really can't feel this in GTS. GTS feels (to my taste) a strict race-car game. I would be more happy if we could get more GR.4 cars.

BUUUUT you know. This is not my game. If Kazunori wants to put a Miata in GTS, who am i to disagree?

From this update, i'm looking forward for the SLR and the F1 GTR. I can't wait to use the SLR brakes at the end of Mulsanne :P

Slamming the Miata as an example of a poor race car shows you know little about racing. Massively popular club car around the world. Dominating SSCA events all over when I was last participating. Lookitup. Then you’ll know more than nothing Jon Snow. Massive race heritage to that car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back