Next GT Sport Content Update Arrives March 5, Adds Toyota GR Supra

• Thread starter RZQSPEED
  • 1,152 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slamming the Miata as an example of a poor race car shows you know little about racing. Massively popular club car around the world. Dominating SSCA events all over when I was last participating. Lookitup. Then you’ll know more than nothing Jon Snow. Massive race heritage to that car.
Track day bro!

It may not be fast but I'm still looking forward to driving the old Miata.

View attachment 801933
Buying the Roadster is going to give me such a rush of nostaliga because the MX-5 was my first car in Gran Turismo 3 when I was 6.
Wasn't it everyone's first car in GT3?:lol: I still remember doing that first race in the Sunday Cup on Super Speedway whilst listening to Shark by Ash. (sadly the video I found is blocked in my country)

Wasn't it everyone's first car in GT3?:lol: I still remember doing that first race in the Sunday Cup on Super Speedway whilst listening to Shark by Ash. (sadly the video I found is blocked in my country)
I did get a Miata as a first car, but the NB version.
Beat that stupid MRS in the clubman race or whatever the 2nd event was.

NA MX-5's are like the 90's AE86. Tons of fun, tons of potential.

Almost twenty years ago a guy in the VW club I was in had an early gen Miata turbocharged. He brought it to a solo II event and let me drive it. Thing was an absolute beast. If I remember correctly he had top time on street tires that day.

The poor image the Miata has is only held by those that don’t know better. It’s a great sports car.

I'm beginning to wonder if the "not at additional cost vs free" argument is the reason why the January Update trailer had the word "free" added.

But I'm going to stop right there.

I admit back then I always chose the less expensive miata. During my playthrough over a decade+ later, I used the AE86.

Almost twenty years ago a guy in the VW club I was in had an early gen Miata turbocharged. He brought it to a solo II event and let me drive it. Thing was an absolute beast. If I remember correctly he had top time on street tires that day.

The poor image the Miata has is only held by those that don’t know better. It’s a great sports car.

Most who actually go racing and been active in the car scene in the last 30 years know the Miata very well, many Auto enthusiast credit the Miata with saving the sports car. Its the perfect entry level racing platform.

I definitely remember the Eunos Roadster as my starter car, mostly because I was shocked it looked exactly like the 1:43 scale pull-back-and-release car I had. Naturally, I had to paint it yellow.

Imagine how busted the F1LM would be though. More powerful than an Enzo, almost as light as the GT40 Mk I, actual downforce. All neatly packed into an N class friendly package

I imagine those GR.3 Road cars would be destroyed by this car and that's without fiddling with the Mileage points.

To be completely honest, I don't give a crap about the new Supa; but I can hardly wait until I can get the Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren and the Pagani Huayra!

It was all about the Vitz in my household.
48520b5f335a582f1f2b23aad3962af2e34e1c27c20763931391c85114f9a4df.jpg

Was the Vitz a kei car?
Does Toyota make a kei car?

I still wonder how they’re going to be dealing with the F1 GT-R’s BoP? PD rarely fiddles with the suspension or gearbox when applying it so will the F1 GT-R run with the stock gear ratios?

Most modern GT3 cars max out in the game at around 270-280k on long straights. The Ford can best them all which is why it’s the top speed king of Gr.3. The F1 GT-R ‘95 of GT6 could easily hit 320k on the Conrod straight of Bathurst. Topped out around 340 iirc.

Personally, I think PD should shove the F1 into Gr.2 and be done with it, have it be the top speed king of that class like the Ford GT and R92CP.

Last edited:
I imagine those GR.3 Road cars would be destroyed by this car and that's without fiddling with the Mileage points.
Not only that but this car possesses a level of claimed performance that few modern supercars can even reach, and this was in 1996 when we were still bigging up cars like the F50, the Diablo and the XJ220.

If you're like me you got all golds on the B license to get the NB instead.

Reactions: TTM
I still wonder how they’re going to be dealing with the F1 GT-R’s BoP? PD rarely fiddles with the suspension or gearbox when applying it so will the F1 GT-R run with the stock gear ratios?

Most modern GT3 cars max out in the game at around 270-280k on long straights. The Ford can best them all which is why it’s the top speed king of Gr.3. The F1 GT-R ‘95 of GT6 could easily hit 320k on the Conrod straight of Bathurst. Topped out around 340 iirc.

Personally, I think PD should shove the F1 into Gr.2 and be done with it, have it be the top speed king of that class like the Ford GT and R92CP.
I think Group 2 would be a good spot for the F1 GTR and other GT1s of the era. The Toyota GT-One could swing for both Groups 1 and 2 since it was entered as a GT1 and then later reentered as a prototype.

What the heck does that word mean? Is it English?

Pah pah pa Pahhhh-tiii-ehhhhhhnnceee

Is that Latin or something?
No it actually spelt:

P-D-BAD

Jokes aside I hope all Miata generations comes by.

Surely you guys have seen or driven the Echo Yaris Vitz? It's an abominable 1.5 litre subcompact in real life (I get that most of us are enthusiasts used to much sportier cars!).

I feel a bit aggreived with the Echo Yaris Vitz because it PALES in comparison to wonderful old Toyota Starlet.

4ae19f5feb4887ee1c206cbf0bc92663.jpg

But things get interesting if you stick 135hp into a subcompact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back