Next GT Sport Content Update Arrives March 5, Adds Toyota GR Supra

• Thread starter RZQSPEED
  • 1,152 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting quited bored with all these supercars. Where are cars like the stock S2000, Celica GT4, Celica ZZT231, Toyota MR-S, Vitz RS, CRX, Civic EG/EK and possibly finally the EF9, Glanza, 3000 GT, FTO. That is what made GT great.

We need more Japanese cars no doubt and even so classic hot hatches from Europe like the 106 Rallye etc. There are tons to add and cup cars would be a great addition too like the Vitz Netz cup etc
There has not been that many supercars in the monthly updates. Huayra is the very first HyperCar we have got since release. I think they have mixed the cars pretty well. Last month included dc2 integra. The game is lacking HyperCars more than Any other cartype. But i do want the 3000 gt and the civics to return.

Aside of the SPA force.
Am I the only one hear who secretly thinks that we may get Mazda Laguna Seca back even tho it does not contain the Mazda anymore because of the Miata and the 30 year anniversary of the Miata??

All, in contrast to everything we want (SPA) , is possible in the logic of PD ... an updated version of Tsukuba too ..

I know , I'm a little bit pessimist concerning PDigital..

Anyway, Laguna Seca would be amazing 👍:cheers:

IR

Last edited:
I forgot to say, my childhood dream car, the Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren, is that one car I'm excited for, the rest, meh.

But as usual I will get really pissed if the McLaren F1 GTR is not in Gr. 2, and is in Gr. X instead.

And besides it'll take ages for me to grind for a Pagani Huayra.

The Mercedes SLR will definitely be a :censored:ing savage beast in the N600 class, hopefully with a speed that can destroy that of the Ford GT, and a Nurburgring lap time to match.

But I'll do a challenge to see if I can lap the Supra in 7:40 or less, using the stock power, weight and set-up, and Racing: Super Soft tires.

"The creator of Gran Turismo 4, Kazunori is impressed by the SLR Mclaren during the Gran Turismo 4 1million Pound Garage Launch event at the NCP car park in Brewer Street on March 10, 2005 in London, England"

And now imagine in GT Sport... :rolleyes:

the-creator-of-gran-turismo-4-kazunori-is-impressed-by-the-slr-the-picture-id52373844

All, in contrast to everything we wants (SPA) , is possible in the logic of PD ... an updated version of Tsukuba too ..

I know , I'm a little bit pessimist concerning PDigital..

Anyway, Laguna Seca would be amazing 👍:cheers:

IR
Not to worry I too understand where your coming from with the "pessimism".
It's PD afterall (Tho I still massively support them).

@RaY29rus
Also:
Did someone call out the cars that are supposed to be in this update??
Did I miss something here??

Something to consider for all of those who are tired of hearing all the Spa complaining. That originated from it not already got being in the bloody game. It’s absurd. It’s iconic and should have been included a long time ago (licence or development or whatever). If it had been there from the start we wouldn’t have heard a peep as it is natural like air to breathe and water in the oceans.

Then we’d be complaining about Laguna Seca exclusively. :lol:

Mate, did you pay a fee, seperate from the base game, for any of these updates? No. Did you need to buy some kind of in game currency to buy any of the cars? No.
This shouldn't even be a debate and the fact that it still is , is ridiculous.You do not need to pay an additional fee for any of these updates. They are by definition free.
And to claim that the game was unfinished at launch is implying that there were features announced pre-release that weren't available at launch. A lack of content =/= unfinished.

Well it was quite the shell of a "game" at its inception. This isnt the traditional gt and content wise it surely wasnt at launch. No the updates can be sold as free but u definitely didnt have 60+ dollars worth of a game at launch. After all that dev time too. I dont care what people say. Its owed content that yea we paid for. It missed the mark. Competitors are trumping PD in the content dept. And funny that initial release content. Yea they charge evem more because they greedy and the new video game consumer is soo happy to throw more and more at games til at the end of the life span they have paid hundreds. Another thing the new consumer is going to do is solidify this model of stretching out content over long periods of time to where the game gets constantly monotonous and slick boring...

It is gonna be infinitely easier to release buggy and unfinished games in the future because of the new gamer....and the be happy its free months later attitude will prevail.

I really hope ps caves like nintendo and mircrosoft are doing so one day we can play gts on cpu. Id like to see what the community can create because devs steady trippin and all this waiting gets annoying. Im off to PC2....get my rain fix since gt seems to have been on one about that too....

I find it to be repetitive and boring after the first few turns.

...And I'm prepared for my assasination at the hands of the GT community.

Hey, everyone is entitled to their preference, but it can’t be dismissed as iconic and important to race/race game fans. It’s usually the only f1 race I don’t fall asleep during! It’s layout produces great racing opportunities.

This is true of Silverstone. It’s a terribly boring track that is only famous and generally desired because of the history of it and the nation it resides in. If/when it gets included I’ll shrug, sigh and say “makes sense.”

Also not a spa lover,also not keen on Le Sarthe and dont get me started on Indianapolis.........................................:D

Did someone call out the cars that are supposed to be in this update??
Did I miss something here??

I think a couple of days before teaser images were released, user named @Majorwolf72 said that he got a tip from the people close to PD that the next update won't have Spa and will include MX-5, new Supra and a McLaren (altho he didn't specify which one, doesn't matter since we end up with two of them lol)

I am usually very sceptical about these kind of posts, but this time it turned out to be real deal, so shout out to the Majorwolf72 👍

EDIT: I just checked other posts he wrote about the following update and this is what he said on a question about which McLaren it is, and i'm quoting (link below)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eculation-thread.384794/page-27#post-12647178

No word on Gr3 or Gr4, so the McLaren will either be a GrX or Nxxx

Please, i hope he's wrong on this one :lol:

Last edited:
If I see this correctly, people are either angry about…
  • Street cars
  • Race cars
  • No street cars
  • No race cars
  • Classics/No Classics.

I guess whatever you do, it's always wrong.

Well, other than what I omitted from your post people are critical, angry is a bit strong, because there isn’t enough of all of the above. Damned if you do damned if you don’t and definitely damned if you don’t do enough. It’s a good summary of why people are critical, though easy to add more.

Yea they charge evem more because they greedy and the new video game consumer is soo happy to throw more and more at games til at the end of the life span they have paid hundreds.

Or because modern games cost a hell of a lot of money to continue to offer support for past the initial release.

I'm still waiting for more different layouts!
Like:
- Catalunya without chicane (MotoGP i guess)
- Monza short (+monza old would be fine too)
- LeMans Bugatti Circuit
- Nürburgring (2 shorts, maybe the old Southloop, or the "Steilstrecke")
- Suzuka West
- Tsukuba + chicane

i don't understand why they do not make the most of what is already there!
Tsukuba f.e. the chicane is there already...
Same for Catalunya or Monza, it already there ffs.

I forgot to say, my childhood dream car, the Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren, is that one car I'm excited for, the rest, meh.

But as usual I will get really pissed if the McLaren F1 GTR is not in Gr. 2, and is in Gr. X instead.

And besides it'll take ages for me to grind for a Pagani Huayra.

The Mercedes SLR will definitely be a :censored:ing savage beast in the N600 class, hopefully with a speed that can destroy that of the Ford GT, and a Nurburgring lap time to match.

But I'll do a challenge to see if I can lap the Supra in 7:40 or less, using the stock power, weight and set-up, and Racing: Super Soft tires.

In the same powerlevel the Ford gt would outrun the slr mclaren at least in a straight line. I don't know what the price will be for the Pagani huayra but My guess is around 1,5 mil you could get that in less than an hour. Slr mclaren is going to be the premium model from gt6. 2009 version. It was around 600,000 credits back in gt6 so its almost as expensive as the huayra. However i am excited to drive both of those 2 Amazing machines, Pagani huayra is however a lot quicker than the slr mclaren

MMX
Easy now. I had a NC, and really liked it, but having been on a Miata forum, I'm all to familiar with the generational gap. The NA-NB guys rarely were fans of the NC, and the ND is the bastard step-child.

I think the NBs are ugly. :yuck: :lol:
You dis the NB? You fiend! It is the only MX-5 worth the effort. :bowdown:

Reactions: MMX

• Free Updates
  • Paid Updates
  • Street cars
  • Race cars
  • No street cars
  • No race cars
  • Classics/No Classics.

If there's one universal truth, it's 'You can't please everyone.'

I also doubt the same people are complaining about all those issues. Rather different people are bothered by different things.

- LeMans Bugatti Circuit

Forget the Bugatti Circuit. Where's the option to drive, what is the most famous endurance track of all, at night?

• Free Updates
  • Paid Updates
  • Street cars
  • Race cars
  • No street cars
  • No race cars
  • Classics/No Classics.

You need to add

Real world tracks
Fantasy tracks
No real world tracks
No fantasy tracks

I take only five cars as a sign that GT Sport is saving content to keep the monthly content updates going for as long as possible. Because, honestly, the list of "no brainer additions" from older GT titles is beginning to shrink if you ask me.

I find it to be repetitive and boring after the first few turns.

...And I'm prepared for my assasination at the hands of the GT community.
Might I suggest a more lively car? Something difficult to drive but not impossible, I guarantee you won't be bored with the track then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back