Next GT Sport Content Update Arrives March 5, Adds Toyota GR Supra

• Thread starter RZQSPEED
  • 1,152 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Longtail would be perfect for Gr.2, same with the other 1997-1999 GT1s.
No it wouldn't. The car would be absolutely trounced as the 2016 Super GT cars have much more downforce.

Same here.

I would love to do this mission in GT Sport, but just driving this thing around the Nurburgring again will be something special.

I find it to be repetitive and boring after the first few turns.

...And I'm prepared for my assasination at the hands of the GT community.
Spa isn't that exciting after driving on it 100 times. I know it's a legendary circuit but it's nothing new.

The racing/sport Miata, yes. Not this ****** slow-ass we're getting. And the Miata it's just an example. I still think we should get more race cars rather than normal street cars.
It isn't ****, it's the best selling sports car of all time... There's a good reason why people love it soo much.

Because it is a no skill involved track as it is covered in run off tarmac?

To be frank, isn't that basically the majority of the F1 schedule? :lol:

...And I'm prepared for my assasination at the hands of the GT community.

Time for you to suit up:

I think Anglesey is better than spa

Dont @ me

@Josh Ragland

Advance upon me, Brethren.

If I see this correctly, people are either angry about…

• Free Updates
  • Paid Updates
  • Street cars
  • Race cars
  • No street cars
  • No race cars
  • Classics/No Classics.

I guess whatever you do, it's always wrong.

Pretty much. Really, you could just put "Everything" and you'd get the same result.

Only 5 cars and not even monthly updates anymore. It seems that the dev-team already has given up on the title.

It seems like you and some others are overreacting without remembering that this also happened twice last year. Relax, the sky isn't falling down, London Bridge is not falling down (My fair lady) and the apocalypse isn't happening.

Is it real or fake?

Anyone who has played Raceroom or was involved in the GT Sport Closed Beta (or the extremely rare case of both, such as myself) can pretty much tell you its obviously fake. Hell, just look at GT Sports current UI in any gameplay video and its also a dead giveaway.

Now that we have a pretty big chunk of the less than 400hp sportscar category from the 2010s all that's missing is a regular Cayman like a 718 or a 981 Cayman S or even better, a GT4 that's not the racecar.

To be frank, isn't that basically the majority of the F1 schedule? :lol:

It is, personally I wouldn't want most of the F1 tracks on GT sport for this reason. Adds nothing to the challenge in games, unless you consider figuring out how much run off you can exploit without penalty as a challenge.

It is, personally I wouldn't want most of the F1 tracks on GT sport for this reason. Adds nothing to the challenge in games, unless you consider figuring out how much run off you can exploit without penalty as a challenge.
However, wide F1 tracks work in Sport Mode. The wider the better.

Funny thing is in contrast, that one Daily race with the Shelby GT350 at Willow Springs was one of the cleanest races I participated in. Barely any contact and no one ran each other off the road. If someone went off, it was usually self-inflicted.

Wow, this game’s audio did not age well. That car sounds like one of the spaceships from that old cartoon, The Jetsons

Just have to understand how much Game GT4 was at the time.

GT4 was really a pioneer & game changer in so many ways

I forgive the Vacume sounds it had the progress made in GT6 into GTS with new dynamic sounds is great albeit took a while to get here.

Funny thing is in contrast, that one Daily race with the Shelby GT350 at Willow Springs was one of the cleanest races I participated in. Barely any contact and no one ran each other off the road. If someone went off, it was usually self-inflicted.

I would speculate that this is because Willow Springs is the most unforgiving track to have an off, so everyone was on their best behavior.

Catalunya is pretty wide and Interlagos as well.

It's only the oval section of Interlagos that's wide, the run to turn 4 and the squiggly bits really aren't.

As for Catalunya - genuinely forgot it was in the game (no presence in sport mode since October). Will review once I've raced it online.

I don't think a track hosting F1 makes it inherently great either. They all end up being around 5.xx km in order to get a target laptime between 90-110 seconds, with long straights followed by tight corners, otherwise the drivers can't pass. Sadly not much variety in the calendar compared to the 50's or 60's.

Last edited:
It's only the oval section of Interlagos that's wide, the run to turn 4 and the squiggly bits really aren't.

As for Catalunya - genuinely forgot it was in the game (no presence in sport mode since October). Will review once I've raced it online.

I don't think a track hosting F1 makes it inherently great either. They all end up being around 5.xx km in order to get a target laptime between 90-110 seconds, with long straights followed by tight corners, otherwise the drivers can't pass. Sadly not much variety in the calendar compared to the 50's or 60's.
Add Red Bull Ring to that list. It's pretty wide as well.
I'm still saying a wider track is best for Sport Mode. Which, is my point about F1 tracks. The wider F1 tracks I'd welcome for Sport Mode.

As with most tracks in this game, choosing the best line in a corner, nearly negates any track's width everywhere else. We all know it comes down to who you're racing beside. In saying that, for the general populace that play Sport Mode in this game, a wide/wider track is best. I'd take Spa over Monaco, Sepang over Hungaroring, Silverstone over Albert Park, etc.

Add Red Bull Ring to that list. It's pretty wide as well.
I'm still saying a wider track is best for Sport Mode. Which, is my point about F1 tracks. The wider F1 tracks I'd welcome for Sport Mode.

The Red Bull Ring is exactly why I have issues with tracks with tarmac run-off. I race to win, and if you're not exploiting track limits in Turn 1 and the last two corners, you're not winning.

The Red Bull Ring is exactly why I have issues with tracks with tarmac run-off. I race to win, and if you're not exploiting track limits in Turn 1 and the last two corners, you're not winning.
Oh definitely, That's not the circuits' fault though. I don't exploit those limits. For me, winning is not as important as a clean race.

Edit: Maintenance Notice for the 27th. Fixes for penalties?

Last edited:
Oh definitely, That's not the circuits' fault though. I don't exploit those limits. For me, winning is not as important as a clean race.

I think it is an issue as any track that doesn't punish drivers for not abiding by track limits (read: tarmac run-off) means that there is subjectivity introduced as it becomes dependent on the stewards discretion in real life.

Red Bull Ring Turn 1 track limits is a grey area even in F1 so PD doesn't have a chance of getting it right.

Personally in F1 I want to see the drivers spin off or crash out if they make mistakes, because risk makes it more spectacular, challenging and less predictable. That's why street circuits generally make for the most spectacular grand prix races (provided you can pass on them). But I digress.

I also agree that I wouldn't want Monaco in the game (GT3 Monaco was more than twice as wide as in real life). But at the same time the tracks don't need to be as wide as a runway to have good races.

Last edited:
mef
I like the free cars we get but don't think I have enough ingame credits to afford them. I don't understand why PD made the game so grind heavy.
You don't need to grind that Much for those cars. You earn plenty of cash in the blue moon bay event. You would Only need to spend 2-3 hours there to buy all cars for this update. Gran turismo has Always been about grinding for collecting cars. At launch it was not Much for collecting cars. But now its more and more about collecting cars like it should.

IMG_6598.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back