Next GT Sport Content Update Arrives March 5, Adds Toyota GR Supra

• Thread starter RZQSPEED
  • 1,152 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I hoped it would be the F1 GT Longtail road version, but it's probably just the old F1 GTR. Same thing with the Huayra - I hope it would be the BC but it's just going to be the base model. The other 3 cars are not very inspiring for me. At least it's not going to be an expensive update. Looking forward to what new track might come but I'm not holding my breath for that either.

Between updates getting smaller, stagnant mileage exchange and the same daily races again and again, is this the beginning of the end for GTS?

To be honest we dont know this could maybe be the end of free stuff maybe we might get paid dlc.

Or perhaps Sony might pull the plug on Gt Sport which will no doubt be a shame. A lot of games had their lifecycle cut short we should be happy GT sport did not suffer that fate.

If we are going to get paid dlc I hope its new content I mean content never before seen in a GT game.

To be honest we dont know this could maybe be the end of free stuff maybe we might get paid dlc.

Or perhaps Sony might pull the plug on Gt Sport which will no doubt be a shame. A lot of games had their lifecycle cut short we should be happy GT sport did not suffer that fate.

If we are going to get paid dlc I hope its new content I mean content never before seen in a GT game.

Personally, I believe GT Sport will continue being promoted till end of 2019 for one reason only - season 2 of the FIA championships, with it being known that Sony have indicated they are continuing with esports. Of course, that doesn't mean updates will definitely continue at same rate as last year but it does suggest that some will occur.

Personally, I've got plenty of driving to do with these 5 cars so I've no complaints. Plus the 5 March update tying in with the date on the Italdesign tweets, we might still get a surprise yet.

Since July 30, 2018, you can buy any new car in the PS store.

Even those "new cars" have been added before the system update.

Last edited:
I don't mind they bringing back gt6 premiums if they are good cars they are good plain simple. The huayra is a fan favorite the far fastest road car in gt6. I prefer this over the bc version. And slr mclaren who would not want that baby back. Not Any other of the modern single racing games has it for now. Mix premiums with new car to the series is the best way of doing it. The premium models from gt6 does not need as Much work as taking brand new models to the game. They have been new models to the game some months even a lot of them. But if you think that they can do more new car to the series than premiums you must live under a rock. They could maybe do 4 cars at month at best with Only new to the series cars. The best option is to mix them in each update. With some peoples logic i could never see the C5 and c6 Corvettes return becouse they have been part of gt6. But no matter what content we get people will still cry, so that is nothing new. Even with new race cars to the series the would still complain, no thats not the race car i wanted.

Personally, I believe GT Sport will continue being promoted till end of 2019 for one reason only - season 2 of the FIA championships, with it being known that Sony have indicated they are continuing with esports. Of course, that doesn't mean updates will definitely continue at same rate as last year but it does suggest that some will occur.

Personally, I've got plenty of driving to do with these 5 cars so I've no complaints. Plus the 5 March update tying in with the date on the Italdesign tweets, we might still get a surprise yet.

Im always thinking GT Sport's lifecycle can go up to at least 2020 or 2021 because look at GTA Online it has been going quite strong.

If Gt Sport can bring more variety to Sport mode races hopefully this can lead to better things rather than the usual gr3 or gr4 on the same tracks.

With the new supra the rumours of Toyota/PD being so close has spawned another EA/Porsche exclusive like licence rumour. I dont believe Toyota is exclusive to Gran Turismo until I see confirmation from Toyota, Sony and PD rather than believing in rumours.

Last edited:
GTA Online has survived because the economy in game is designed to push people towards the cash cards, as in the microtransactions. GTAO and GTS are 2 totally different things with one having a much larger player base.

Esports is all that's keeping GTS going so long.

Im always thinking GT Sport's lifecycle can go up to at least 2020 or 2021 because look at GTA Online it has been going quite strong.

If Gt Sport can bring more variety to Sport mode races hopefully this can lead to better things rather than the usual gr3 or gr4 on the same tracks.

[...]

GTA V was sold a lot more (80 Million so far?) and lets not forget the Sharkcards.

I still hope they increase the number of Sport races. Since launch there are only 3 races. Why not 5 at least?

With the new supra the rumours of Toyota/PD being so close has spawned another EA/Porsche exclusive like licence rumour. I dont believe Toyota is exclusive to Gran Turismo until I see confirmation from Toyota, Sony and PD rather than believing in rumours.
Unless Sony shock everyone with an early 2020 release. PS5 will only be released in late 2020. That gives PD at least another two full seasons of FIA esports competition before any possible PS5 GT.

When you’re running an esports series you cannot just drop it while you wait for the next title in the series. I expect it to continue to grow, get more professional, and attract a larger audience. While I don’t expect any fundamental changes made to GT Sport, I do expect another 50-100 cars and a dozen or so tracks (and variations).

If it's of any indication, the Toyota TS050 was added to Project CARS 2 as part of their Spirit of Le Mans DLC in June 2018, while the Japanese coin-op arcade game Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 6 (which came to Japanese arcades in July 2018) has Toyota as part of their lineup. Both games are published by Bandai Namco, a Japanese game publisher.

Maybe Toyota's currently just biased towards Japanese-developed games?

I would guess that at the very least, content updates for GT Sport will continue for as long as Polyphony host officially licensed FIA championships.

I'm ready for the F1 GTR.

6269023880347680800_23.jpg

What confuses me is that the Driving School has Beginner and Intermediate events...but no Advanced? Currently it ends at Intermediate. Really don't understand why PD never added Advanced License events, especially considering how much new content the game has meaning there are so many more license events possible. It's an easy addition and adds a bit more single player content, especially if the gold times are actually a bit more difficult.

What confuses me is that the Driving School has Beginner and Intermediate events...but no Advanced? Currently it ends at Intermediate. Really don't understand why PD never added Advanced License events, especially considering how much new content the game has meaning there are so many more license events possible. It's an easy addition and adds a bit more single player content, especially if the gold times are actually a bit more difficult.
PD has abandoned many aspects of the game and focused only on e-sport.

PD has abandoned many aspects of the game and focused only on e-sport.

If anything, I'd say the opposite. At the start of GTSport, I'd say that was true, and the FIA Live Events have been fantastic, but many of the updates and cars featured have very little relevance to the esport scene. Also, there have been little to no Quality of Life improvements regarding esports.

I think esports should be the continued focus of the game as the basis for it was very good, but for the past 14 months, updates have catered to content not for the esports community. Although a few more driving school licenses, of a real challenge, would be simple to implement and if they truly offered teaching and a challenge, it might help more players become better and then want to partake in the FIA Live Events.

To the complainers, would you rather PD announce that there will be no more updates or would you rather these FREE incremental updates? I haven’t been on here in weeks and I’m always quickly reminded why.
Let's just say I wouldn't care if they stopped them or not. Let's see if they bring a track and what track it is, that might change my mind but I'm not holding my breath. There have been great updates for this game, but to me it's clear that they have shifted efforts to creating a new game and I'd be fine with it if they shifted all of their resources to that.

I would care about a more interesting update that could also be a paid dlc. Perfectly fine. But getting cars that I could also drive by dusting off my old PS3, to me (!) that's wasted effort by a studio that's not known for putting out new content fast anyway.

Besides, there would be more important updates than tracks and cars where the game seems unfinished. Multiclass racing options, better VR support (better opponent AI and VR for license test and missions for example), daily races again that aren't weekly races, rain, a night option for Le Mans,...

Sawseeeeeet can't wait to try the road version.

I was a big hater at first but have come to appreciate the new Supra, just hope if they keep it running they move to a little bit more FT1 styling, its a bit toned down.

I don't think PD broke any promises with GTSport.They launched the game with a roster focused almost exclusevily on professional racing.So now they are taking care of the things GTS lacked back when it launched(road cars and single player content).I too would like new racing cars added for the FIA events but i don't think PD is running away from what they promised for GT,the base game launched full of race cars we just dont get much more of them with DLCs.

Looks on point

Why assume its the Race Car version when the shadow image has no wing? As I see many others assuming too, if anything it looks like the road going version

The New Supra IS NOT just a Z4 in Toyota cloths.......... Thats honestly ignorant.

I used to hate on the new Supra as just a Z4 in Toyota cloths but I was wrong, my ignorance got the best of me. After getting educated I learned the New Supra and New Z4 are not just BMWs in fact the old Z4 was discontinued, if not for Toyota pushing the co-development of the all new platform to support the 2 cars, neither would exist. After platform development the 2 cars chassis are developed seperatly. The New turbo 6 in the 2 is a BMW engine BUT it was further developed by Toyota to meet Toyota's reliability standards, so its a BMW engine with Toyota reliability that's a fine match.

Bonus too is Toyota got access to M spec parts.

Now hopefilly (and I have a hunch its true) Toyota is working on a true manual transmission and we got all the right ingredients.

Some of yall crying about new content Lmfao dont cry while its still coming, understand not all updates may appeal to you they might appeal to other players :embarrassed: you're not special enough for special treatment. Best advice is appreciate all new content because it will stop suddenly like GT6 that was kinda left unfinished.

Last edited:
If anything, I'd say the opposite. At the start of GTSport, I'd say that was true, and the FIA Live Events have been fantastic, but many of the updates and cars featured have very little relevance to the esport scene. Also, there have been little to no Quality of Life improvements regarding esports.

I think esports should be the continued focus of the game as the basis for it was very good, but for the past 14 months, updates have catered to content not for the esports community. Although a few more driving school licenses, of a real challenge, would be simple to implement and if they truly offered teaching and a challenge, it might help more players become better and then want to partake in the FIA Live Events.

I think your post proves the point he’s making. To me, esports has been more maintained. They’ve been fiddling with regions, BOP, penalties and EVERY WEEK there’s a new variation for Sport mode (and people whine it ain’t daily when we single players wait weeks/months for new events to do). I get why they do, just saying for example.

The fact that the cars aren’t applicable to Sport mode has more to do with PD using GT6 as it’s development library- a game with a robust single player mode.

It still all screams of this game being half baked when launched because Sony told ‘em they had to FINALLY realease something so they released what they had and have been working on finishing it since.

Last edited:
They PUSHED out GTSport because of the FiA deal. As soon as they made the deal updates for GT6 stopped. They could not put FiA into GT6 because FiA had a bunch of things they wanted changed plus importance of running on the current PS4 system vs PS3.

GTSport dropped with barely a thing in it and is very much an E-Sport game over the usual GT# hopefully GT7 is not going to drop on PS4 right after PS5 hits the market lololol

Although I have no basis for comparison, or making a judgement. Those figures don't feel to be very large. I really like GT Sport - far more than any previous version of Gran Turismo. I've gone from 100% offline player to almost 100% online in GT Sport and so, all I would like are new tracks. I love getting new cars, but unless they appear in Sport Mode daily or FIA then they get very little use.

But the stats above suggest that either most players are playing offline, or aren't playing at all!

I think PD is learning there is not as big of a crowd exclusively for ESports yet they need single player content, and more of it.

Until the "Supra" is given a 6-speed manual transmission, I couldn't care less about it.

In this new world of why would you slow down shifts by making them a true manual I am glad the SAY they are working on one anyways and hope its coming, would be more surprised if it didn't.

Lol I call my stick shift a back up anti theft system for todays kids lol

Nothing stops us from 2jz swapping it along with a true stick shift. However 2jz are played out, over rated & not all 1000hp

Im interested in seeing the tuning capabilities of this new Toyota improved BMW Turbo slant 6

Last edited by a moderator:
I think PD is learning there is not as big of a crowd exclusively for ESports yet they need single player content, and more of it.

I hope the whole industry learned this lesson last year with such AAA single player material released successfully. I say that as someone who is a VERY casual gamer other than simracing. Some (many?) play a game to get away from other people, virtual presence included.

To add onto my thought above, the new cars usually fit into single player modes about as well as Sport. For example, I was happy to see Burt’s Fire Chicken in December and yeah, it fits in a couple races, but is pretty much useless other than in a custom single make race. And the group X graveyard is almost as useless to us single players. The P1? Great car, lovely challenge, but..... what do you guys do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back