Next GT Sport Content Update Arrives March 5, Adds Toyota GR Supra

• Thread starter RZQSPEED
  • 1,152 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the lights were for seeing the apex of corners and lights aimed in such a fashion are generally "curb lights" (look at any endurance spec GT and those small lights in the bumpers are the same thing).

Lanzante made the piece and were the only ones to use it, some say it helped JJ Lehto thru the rain in the night.

So we can take these lights as confirmation we’re getting night racing through the whole game?! And rain?!!!!! Awesome thanks!!! :lol:

I think PD lost its way on its development of GTS. It started it as a "Racing" focused addition, and now it's trying to be GT7:eek:

Sport made it clear at launch that it was going to be about multiplayer, closed-track racing, everyone complained because it wasn't GT7.

Next thing you know PD tries to cater to that crowd since the amount of backlash they got was overwhelming and now you have complaints like this.

Can't win either way, huh?

Also, I hope if it is the F1 GTR, that it is the Le Mans winner. Because that was sponsored by a Japanese Penis Enlargement company, and seeing that in GT would be hilarious.

Actually (at least last I read), that's a Circumcision clinic. Yeah...sorry to ruin the fantasy there.

I say the Supra will be the best overall car in this update.
The Supra will be eligible to enter most races in the GT league and besides the Mazda the rest of this update has a high probability see the Gr.X graveyard.

Exactly how will production road cars (which aren't electric) be in Group X? I get there are cars in there that shouldn't be but last I checked, none of them are production road cars.

I adore how people always use the "Its free" excuse to defend the update no matter how bad the cars included in it are. I cannot wait to see how people react to GT ARENA coming back.

While I totally agree the updates being free are a terrible excuse to silence people who aren't even being annoying (on a forum where there are free to express said opinions within reason), the entitled attitude isn't exactly much better.

I find it hard to believe that you are disappointed over getting five cars in five weeks, when the cars individually take six months to model and let alone fully embed the vehicle into the game. I'm beginning to feel like people are slightly spoiled nowadays.

Slightly? Have you seen the comments of literally every MK11 Video? :lol:

Ok, so we have four cars that are irelevant to the meta of the game, one car that will be out of place anywhere it gets put, an entire month missed (no February update), and 80% of the slim content is coming from the previous game.

Not to mention this small update comes off the previous update which added a pretty useless track and more cars which didn’t contribute to the meta game either.

I’d normally say stop whining because it’s free, but I think people have some very valid reasons to be disappointed by this one.

Here's the problem I have with this "Meta" people talk about: The current classes are already out of whack and unbalanced (Except for GR.2). Exactly how is it in anyway important for any content to be relevant to the "Meta" when the current class system is in desperate need of a redo? Content isn't gonna fix the fact that GR.1 is hardly utilized and painfully unbalanced, GR.4 is beyond one-sided and GR.3, despite being the star of the FIA championships, is continually becoming less of a balanced class with odd inclusions (although at least the BMW M3 GT2 has some actual Real world basis of being in it, even if only two of the other cars in the class were what it was racing against.)

I think PD lost its way on its development of GTS. It started it as a "Racing" focused addition, and now it's trying to be GT7:eek:

Except they said from the start, they were adding around 500 cars to the game. That's not them making it GT7, that's them fulfilling said obligation, even if its mostly recycled content from last gen.

I think we're at 300 cars? I'd be thinking at this rate even 400 cars is a long journey if you're dribbling out 5 cars every 6 weeks...

But really I take "500 cars" as an optimistic prediction that I would hold no ill will towards PD if they dont meet it.

I feel like many companies make bold predictions on release and I dont hold them to that... as long as they make an reasonable effort to hit that goal then I'm ok with it.

I think we're at 300 cars? I'd be thinking at this rate even 400 cars is a long journey if you're dribbling out 5 cars every 6 weeks...

But really I take "500 cars" as an optimistic prediction that I would hold no ill will towards PD if they dont meet it.

I feel like many companies make bold predictions on release and I dont hold them to that... as long as they make an reasonable effort to hit that goal then I'm ok with it.
GT Sport now has 283 cars with this upcoming update (116 up from the original list). We started off with 167 cars. Hopefully they don't skip any more months for updates and increase car production in the next coming months...

Actually (at least last I read), that's a Circumcision clinic. Yeah...sorry to ruin the fantasy there.
Putting a spoiler because it’s potentially nsfw?
They treat a condition known as phimosis, which circumcision is a sort of last resort treatment to the predicament

Between updates getting smaller, stagnant mileage exchange and the same daily races again and again, is this the beginning of the end for GTS?

I think this is you reading way too much into this just because this is the smallest content update we've had since the very first one back in November 2017 (Well technically, the smaller ones that separately introduced the Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept and the Audi E-Tron VGT). They aren't even close to done adding the 500 cars they said they would add so to end it would give waaay more backlash and complaining then they already get because "Wahh, X car and X track isn't there. I'm gonna riot"

I think this is you reading way too much into this just because this is the smallest content update we've had since the very first one back in November 2017 (Well technically, the smaller ones that separately introduced the Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept and the Audi E-Tron VGT). They aren't even close to done adding the 500 cars they said they would add so to end it would give waaay more backlash and complaining then they already get because "Wahh, X car and X track isn't there. I'm gonna riot"
You mean, "Wahh, Gr.X car and Route X track is there. I'm gonna riot"

I am delighted to see the new Supra arrive. The McLaren F1 GTR will be a fun car which I will take straight to my beloved Circuit de la Sarthe. The Huayra is a car I have never taken to. I much prefer the Zonda.

After that I've no interest in the remaining cars.

I am delighted to see the new Supra arrive. The McLaren F1 GTR will be a fun car which I will take straight to my beloved Circuit de la Sarthe. The Huayra is a car I have never taken to. I much prefer the Zonda.

After that I've no interest in the remaining cars.

I myself would love to see the regular Zonda, not just the Zonda R (which is a race car itself). Of course, it's a matter of chance so if the normal Zonda will get there in the coming months, then who knows what variant we will get for the regular Zonda.

Talking about Money, i believe that this update (without unicorns) will still be very expensive.
Miata Will be about 20-30k, Supra 60-80k, but i'm expecting a couple millions for the Huayra and a million for the SLR.
For the F1 all depends on the group they put It into.
We all know the price of gr.4-3-2-1 Cars, but if they want It to be a N or X car, i'm expecting more than 2 millions.

Miata Will be about 20-30k, Supra 60-80k, but i'm expecting a couple millions for the Huayra and a million for the SLR.
We all know the price of gr.4-3-2-1 Cars, but if they want It to be a N or X car, i'm expecting more than 2 millions.

I'd say the Huayra and SLR are at least a million. Maybe $2 for the Zonda.

I cant see the Ueno Clinic car not being a GT3... if its Gr.X then whats the point? Its not a one make series car. It'd be a complete waste (like most of the X cars).

Talking about Money, i believe that this update (without unicorns) will still be very expensive.
Wouldn't be surprised if miata is 50.000 or more.

View attachment 801933
Buying the Roadster is going to give me such a rush of nostaliga because the MX-5 was my first car in Gran Turismo 3 when I was 6.
Maaan I wish they would bring those simple showrooms back. Haven't played GT3 but those showrooms are so chilly.

Like they did in the previous builds of GT Sport. Just replace the SLS AMG GT3 and the AMG GT with two Miatas, and you get loads of nostalgia. :)
432144282.jpg

No its not the november 2017 update just had 3 cars. And april 2018 just had one car. It might Only be 5 cars but they are pretty strong choises. And they never promised new track and new cars each month they just said by the end of its life it could have around 400-500 cars.

No its not the november 2017 update just had 3 cars. And april 2018 just had one car.

I literally mentioned the small updates from April in the post:

As mentioned there, it was two because one gave us the Supra while the other had the Audi E-tron Vision GT.

And they never promised new track and new cars each month they just said by the end of its life it could have around 400-500 cars.

I never said they did.

It reminds me the VGT Cars project in GT6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back