Next GT Sport Content Update Arrives March 5, Adds Toyota GR Supra

• Thread starter RZQSPEED
  • 1,152 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's definitely not the F1 GT either. Roof scoop on both.
Damn.

McLaren-F1-GT-Longtail.jpg

That's a Looongboii!

So it's clear that the F1 we're getting is the short tail GTR and not the Longtail. Unless they throw us a curveball and give us the LM. Would the GTR end up in Group 2 or Group 3?

Yeah, very low number but, Miata aside (why the obsession with that thing Kaz?) the rest look quality)

SLR!

About better communication? Wouldn't go amiss would it?

WHY MIATA!!!
That shouldn't even be a question.
Lets see,
Always been in GT games.
Best selling sports car.
Lots of people have had or have them in real life.
Most raced car around the world.

Now they just need to add the 30th anniversary. I never understood why they put the 1.5L in the game instead of the 2.0L in the first place.
Then again it not the only oddity, why Megane RS265 instead of 275? Focus ST instead of RS? etc etc.

Speaking of better communication I say it comes down to how the human brain works. If you constantly know what you are going to get you will eventually stop looking forward to it. If its vague and secretive it raises you curiosity. I believe the chemical in the brain responsible for this is called dopamine.

So it's clear that the F1 we're getting is the short tail GTR and not the Longtail. Unless they throw us a curveball and give us the LM. Would the GTR end up in Group 2 or Group 3?

As @fatkid mentioned a couple of pages back, the silhouette has a slight bulge on the hood that matches the additional foglights that were present on LeMans-spec GTR. So it is not an LM

As for class, as far as it isn't in Gr.X, i'm fine

As @fatkid mentioned a couple of pages back, the silhouette has a slight bulge on the hood that matches the additional foglights that were present on LeMans-spec GTR. So it is not an LM

As for class, as far as it isn't in Gr.X, i'm fine
Okay. I didn't notice that and the GTR is far more likely than the LM anyway.

I just don't want the GTR to end up in Group X. The P1 being there was fine but the F1 might be able to fit in Group 2 at least on paper, though I don't know how the downforce of a 90s GT1 compares to a modern GT500. Maybe they could nerf it to fit in Group 3. It would look good alongside the Ford GT.

Man I can't be the only one thinking these jokes were played out within the first 48 hours of the Supra being unveiled right
Meh, being played out won't make the fact that it's a BMW underneath go away. It even looks similar to an older Z4M coupe from angles.

February is only 28 days, so March 5th isn't too painful. Only five cars is less than expected, but I suppose the scoop in bringing the A90 into our living rooms makes up for it. Great selection overall and fingers crossed for a good track.

AH HA! I knew it, I knew the shorttail Mclaren F1 GTR would come back from GT6! Too bad I don't have a PS4 to play it. :/
Well, there's always Assetto Corsa for that I guess.

Also, I figured the new gen Supra would make an appearance next. PD added the GR Concept last year and I figured they would repeat themselves with the production car. I didn't expect the SLR to come back right away though, I guess that opens to door for more GT6 Mercedes-Benz returns.

Mercedes V12 AMG ;)

There were several times in DriveClub where I turned off the music just to listen to the car... I never did that for any other I don't think:lol:

The update may only contain 5 vehicles but they are very strong choices. There isn't any excess in this selection, which I love because some updates have included cars that aren't really worth driving. But let's summarise what we have here : 2 Japanese cars, 1 Italian car, 1 British car and 1 German car, each of which being rear wheel drive. 4 cars are powered by German engines from 2 manufacturers (Mercedes V8 and V12, BMW Inline 6 and V12) whilst the MX-5 sits alone with a Mazda engine. It's also the oldest car at 30 years old, whilst the difference in age between the oldest and newest car is also 30 years. I wonder how that compares to previous updates. The power gap between the most and least powerful is about 600HP; 130 for the MX-5 and 730 for the Huayra.

I find it totally unbelievable that people think the F1 will be in ANY other class than Gr.X. It DOES NOT fit in ANY other class.
Yes, but this is PD we're talking about. It belongs in Gr.X, but so do the '08 GT500s and the Gr.C era race cars. Knowing how PD do things, it'll end up in Gr.3, where the E92 GT2 and Ford GT LM both don't belong as well... oh, and the 991 RSR and Supra Concept shouldn't be Gr.3 as they're GTE spec.

Project Cars and Toca Race Driver are the only racing games that can at least put cars in the right classes.

PD logic lets just put this GT1 car in GRx and problem solved what a waste.

Nice to see the Miata added - would be better if they added a Roadster Endurance event like in the older games

Ahh yes the GT4 endurance events. Even with B-Spec, several hours of my life I'll never get back

I find it totally unbelievable that people think the F1 will be in ANY other class than Gr.X. It DOES NOT fit in ANY other class.

Yeah, its a pointless inclusion if so, to be honest. PD at least started the game with the right idea with Group 3 and 4, they're losing focus now though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back