Next GT Sport Content Update Arrives March 5, Adds Toyota GR Supra

• Thread starter RZQSPEED
  • 1,152 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
yessss the Huayra finally, and GT1 class coming to GT Sport?

i think this is could be the price and the category from each car:

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren (19inch Wheel Option) '09: N600/$600.000
Toyota GR Supra '19: N400/$60.000
Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) '89: N100/$20.000
Pagani Huayra '13: N700/$1.400.000
McLaren F1 GTR - BMW (Kokusai Kaihatsu UK Racing) '95: GR.3,GR.2,GR.1,GR.X/$1.800.000
the problem with the F1 GTR is, is slower in GR.1 class, maybe fit in GR.2 or GR.3 but is a GT1 car, so if the others GT1 cars coming too (R390, GTONE, CLK GTR, Esperante) they are much faster than GR.3 and GR.2 classes
Looking at Le Mans laptimes again, this is simply not true. The fastest time either of these cars put out is a 3:29. LMP2 pole last year was 3:24. Modern GT500 cars and LMP2 are roughly the same speed (looking at WEC / Super GT comparison on the same track). If anything, GT500s are a tad faster. Like it or not, the GT-One would have difficulties to hold its own in a modern GT500 field.

I read in an article that Reinhold Joest, looking at the then new mid-engined 911 RSR just said "well, that's almost the same as our GT1 Porsche back then" and looking at lap times, he is about right ;).

About Mclaren, if it end up in Gr.3 or Gr.2, it will be a shame. This car will never be competitive against new technologies.

I absolutely agree. Five cars, come on!
We waited 5 weeks for five cars? What the hell, man?!

I find it hard to believe that you are disappointed over getting five cars in five weeks, when the cars individually take six months to model and let alone fully embed the vehicle into the game. I'm beginning to feel like people are slightly spoiled nowadays.

Y
And I will roll my eyes in disappointment when I win it in the wheel of daily misfortune and never ever use it.
you might never use it. But that dosen't mean everyone thinks the same thing. I am for sure going to buy it becouse i am a fan of that car

Only 5 five cars ? A bit disapointing :indiff:

If you account for testing time and prep, it would have been the Christmas holidays when the work for this update was being finished, so this makes sense.

I find it hard to believe that you are disappointed over getting five cars in five weeks, when the cars individually take six months to model and let alone fully embed the vehicle into the game. I'm beginning to feel like people are slightly spoiled nowadays.

It’s disappointing when there are better cars to choose and the PS4 is what six years old now? And they would/should have started before release with dev kits... so yeah, the poor decision making and poor production frankly is disappointing. Perhaps “disappointing” is too strong a word, but they’re certainly not impressive.

I'm thinking the McLaren is the Kokusai Kaihatsu Racing one seeing we already have the road version McLaren. And seeing how this one isn't the longtail, its gotta be the one that won at Le Mans.

But some quality cars this update. Only 5 but that's alright. :mischievous:👍

Imma still need that 1995 Kunimitsu NSX LM-GT2 tho PD. :sly::lol:

Yeah, very low number but, Miata aside (why the obsession with that thing Kaz?) the rest look quality)

SLR!

About better communication? Wouldn't go amiss would it?
It would be nice I guess, but they don't owe us communication. Keep in mind that these are free updates that could stop at any time. More gratitude less crying.

Creating a car from scratch takes 6 months. But touching up the GT6 premiums takes considersbly less time. This is why every update so far has been ~75% GT6 cars with some new ones simply sprinkled in.

I don’t agree with the OP you quoted, nor am I complaining or disappointed at all. However, I can understand why some players are disappointed with so many re-hashed GT6 cars.

That six month figure is quoted for creations from scratch. As four of these cars are GT6 carryovers — which were all touted as appropriate for next-gen at the time — it's highly unlikely they take six months too. If that were the case, the maths wouldn't really add up: the post-launch additions tally over 65% of the launch count.

It was almost a whole year ago when we got an update that only had the Supra, so 5 cars is ok. GTS is lacking tracks more than cars.

I think at this point in a games life having continued support and regular free updates is rare (at least given what I have played).

I also doubt we would suddenly see an explosion of content if it was paid for, since there has always been a long term plan for the game and the way PD do things is s l o w l y but high quality.

The excitement of seeing the production Supra in a game remains tempered by the continued appearance of PD/Toyota aping EA/Porsche.

On the other hand, I would agree that PD is doing more harm than good these days. Buying the Pike's Peak licence and just sitting on it is preventing better developers from using it.

There's a sad irony to PD, which was for so long the underdog when it came to licensing content (i.e. the McLaren F1 and CLK-GTR being pulled from GT2 late in development, the Nomad Diablo and 996 GT3 row from GT3, etc.), now being one of the biggest ****blockers in the industry.

Very much true. I do not regret buying the Ultimate version of Forza Horizon 4 for my PC, such an awesome game. Great selection of cars, events, music, and fun gameplay.

On the other hand, I would agree that PD is doing more harm than good these days. Buying the Pike's Peak licence and just sitting on it is preventing better developers from using it.
Oh please tell us more about how wonderful forza for pc is.

32242918597_242d95acae_o.gif
Wow.. that’s cool!

To those complaining about 5 cars:
Maybe PD has something bigger in store for us? Snow, rain, or even Spa? :lol::lol:
Just getting you excited. I really expect it's simply due to delay in setting up the event somewhat. This will be like last November.
PD could give us Spa with dynamic weather and day/night cycle and people would still complain.

Ok, so we have four cars that are irelevant to the meta of the game, one car that will be out of place anywhere it gets put, an entire month missed (no February update), and 80% of the slim content is coming from the previous game.

Not to mention this small update comes off the previous update which added a pretty useless track and more cars which didn’t contribute to the meta game either.

I’d normally say stop whining because it’s free, but I think people have some very valid reasons to be disappointed by this one.

The Huayra better be a SSRX monster. I’m also expecting ‘Like The Wind’ to come back. It’ll be 3 races on Blue Moon Bay Speedway, Tokyo Expressway East and SSRX. Cars will include Gr.1 Race Cars with High Powered Gr.X/N Class Cars like the P1 GTR, Zonda R, Vulcan, Veneno, Veyron, One-77, Mach Forty, LaFerrari and now the Huayra....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back