Next GT Sport Content Update Arrives March 5, Adds Toyota GR Supra

• Thread starter RZQSPEED
  • 1,152 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a strange take considering you're playing a racing game.
Well a racing game is not just about race cars.
Racing with roadcars is Also racing. The reason why i prefer supercars/HyperCars over race cars is looks. More variety than race cars offer. they drive more differently, more different tuning. To me the modern race cars are boring. The older ones i do Love but the new ones are to simular in looks and to me that makes it so boring

Last edited:
None of the previous games are FIA certified. Like, the whole premise of this title in the series is straight up racing racecars.

And look what we have. A game that doesn't hold a candle to previous titles but for the PS4 upgrades. Such as graphics and sound. Quite frankly, in my opinion only, the "FIA" sure didn't do anything special for the game at all.

A racing game that became popular because of being able to drive production cars on race tracks. Who is it that has the strange take on things?
I think a big reason why it became popular was that the games were about slowly converting your production car to a full-blown racecar. I played GT1 and 2 a lot and I was never really interested in cars that didn't have the potential racecar modification.

Road cars has Always been a big part of gran turismo and that is even without the racing mods. Gt sport started mostly as Only a Fia game. But have evolved into more a proper game than it was at launch. The road car selection at launch was really lacking, and still is a bit lacking, but it has improved massively.
They even bring route x back. Better car upgrading would not be a bad thing now when they have bring back so many good road cars.
If you are more into just race cars, gran turismo might not be the game for you. Then you have project cars 2 or the new assetto corsa. They is no reason why gran turismo sport just need to feature race cars. Gt has Always been good for its car variety. And gts starts to get to a really good point in that section. It has major improvements over gt6. But not in all areas, the tuning side and career mode is not as good as previous titles

What theme do the cars have for the circuit?
Hard to say, each is quite different on its own.
Previous track had nothing to do with the cars since it was basically a test track.

Can't really judge based from a MX-5 then followed by a SLR Mclaren, then a Huayra, then new Supra and the Mclaren f1 GTR (whatever it's gonna be).
Different category cars

On the road cars vs race cars debate, I have found myself enjoying road cars the most, in GT Sport. The biggest reason is the unrealistic BOP that PD applies to race cars, in order for them to be closely matched within their categories. This wouldn't be a problem, if the cars were all built to the same rulebook, but when you start throwing in VGTs and things like Group C prototypes mixed with LMP1 Hybrids, to me, it kills the believability of those classes. Effectively, race car BOP in GTS makes some cars very unlike the real deal. Just their outer shell actually matches their real-life counterparts.

On the other hand, road cars tend to stay close to their true capabilities. You can tell this by how some of the 'N' classes, which are organized by power rather than laptimes, have cars that absolutely murder the competition, like the Alfa 4C, the KTM, the Porsche 911 GT3 RS. Road cars, in normal GTS, don't have BOP applied to them, instead it's like: "How much power does it make?" "Around 300." "N300 it is." "But sir, this car's performance is supreme, it beats far more powerful opponents." "It says 300, then it goes to 300." Makes for some lopsided races but at least the cars are behaving authentically.

I think a big reason why it became popular was that the games were about slowly converting your production car to a full-blown racecar. I played GT1 and 2 a lot and I was never really interested in cars that didn't have the potential racecar modification.

Thats why people wanted, and got, the livery editor.

You can tell this by how some of the 'N' classes, which are organized by power rather than laptimes, have cars that absolutely murder the competition, like the Alfa 4C, the KTM, the Porsche 911 GT3 RS. Road cars, in normal GTS, don't have BOP applied to them, instead it's like: "How much power does it make?" "Around 300." "N300 it is." "But sir, this car's performance is supreme, it beats far more powerful opponents." "It says 300, then it goes to 300." Makes for some lopsided races but at least the cars are behaving authentically.

This irks the crap out of me. Why they wouldn't go with an actual performance based system is beyond me.

On the other hand, road cars tend to stay close to their true capabilities. You can tell this by how some of the 'N' classes, which are organized by power rather than laptimes, have cars that absolutely murder the competition, like the Alfa 4C, the KTM, the Porsche 911 GT3 RS.
This irks the crap out of me. Why they wouldn't go with an actual performance based system is beyond me.
N100 shows this the worst. Thanks to @MidFieldMaven, his Tsukuba lap times show that the Alpine A110 can complete one lap in 1 minute and 8 seconds whereas the Fiat 500F finishes it's lap in 1 minute and 37 seconds. That's literally half a minute slower around a small track such as Tsukuba. Those two car's aren't even in the same league of each other and basing them off only HP to be raced together is just unfair making far slower cars unusable in those situations. As I mentioned in the Unpopular Opinions thread, the PP system is way better than N class.

As I mentioned in the Unpopular Opinions thread, the PP system is way better than N class.

Agreed. I too would much prefer a system that analyzed all performance metrics of a car. Just HP is not enough. Pirelli put it best: "Power is nothing without control." Case in point, and looking at the opposite end of the scale, we have the Charger Hellcat in N700. It's a fast sedan, sure, but not a match for what it's up against in anything but a straight line.

What I was trying to say is, poor performance divisions aside, I like the way road cars are implemented with more accurate to real-life specifications. Which is why I like these updates that come with nice road cars.

The BoP for Gr.3 and Gr.4 use the classic formula Forza has for years, add heaps of weight, then use HP to balance. So we end up with BoPd GT3s weighing over 1300kg, some with nearly 100kg more than their real world BoP.

Gr.4 is the biggest joke....

Most of the cars in this pack are fast. So the theme could suggest High Speed Ring, which was in GT1 like the original Mazda Roadster.

Sounds great... Unsure whether another original circuit would be added we've had 2 in a row so far.

I hope it's not a varient for Alsace or a rally track.

A rally track??
The rally concept in the game has been absolutely abandoned. I'm pretty sure they won't give us a rally track.
(Until they give us a rally track because that's just the thing this company will do)

The BoP for Gr.3 and Gr.4 use the classic formula Forza has for years, add heaps of weight, then use HP to balance. So we end up with BoPd GT3s weighing over 1300kg, some with nearly 100kg more than their real world BoP.

Gr.4 is the biggest joke....

I think Gr4 is the easiest to drive by design to progress through to Gr3, Gr2, Gr1.

Gr4, no Traction control, no CSA the cars are easy to drive fast. Plus the different cars are good in different ways and most times any car can win it really depends on the driver. Some cars are easier and generally end up with more and more as the week progresses but most times a different car is faster than everybody in the race on the Leaderboards and I've used the same car that's not a Lambo to beat many a Lambo. I find it fun and good place to get familiar with turning assist off for those who use them all the time.

Gr3 is where its taking it a step up from Gr4, I feel if you find Gr4 boring focus on Gr3 and up, takes more skill to master turning CSA off and when races involve tire wear TC becomes a tool one can use if they choose.

Last edited:
I'd actually be very happy if we get a snow coarse like Chamonix or a completely new one.
The game does in fact have snow tires. They must be there for a purpose. I wouldn't see why PD would add them in the tuning menu if they will never be used.
Untitled drawing (40).jpg

A snow track showing up next week is a very good guess. Also, windshield wipers might finally be used in the game because in GT5/6 you were able to choose to race when it's sunny or during a snow storm:

A rally track??
The rally concept in the game has been absolutely abandoned. I'm pretty sure they won't give us a rally track.
(Until they give us a rally track because that's just the thing this company will do)
Poor thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back